Illuminatus Playing Cards is live on Kickstarter!!

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Disenchanted_11

Re: Illuminati Playing Cards postpone project to the January!

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

Sviatoslav Pashchuk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:48 am Greeting! Yes, this is really the first deck where I tried my hand at more classic images.
It worked best in my opinion.

When you think about the theme, what else would you have other than classic courts, portraits of well-known Illuminati members? Lol. :lol:
Sviatoslav Pashchuk
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Sviatoslav Pashchuk »

Constantine wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:33 pm At this point, any hype generated would have been gone. We're near the end of January and still no news.
Apart from the war in Ukraine, I don't think the delay is purely all about modifying the pledges, as there's been very little changes regarding that.
Hope to hear soon from the creators.
You know, recently I often come across posts on various social networks from Ukrainians who left Ukraine in the first months of the war. I knew many of these people personally. And this is what I will tell you. Over time, a person ceases to understand a situations in which he does not live. Almost everyone who left my country practically stopped writing about war, about death, about genocide, about the killing of children and the destruction of our culture. They fast their new life - mountains, seas, European cities, restaurants and the like. And that's normal. I have no questions about it. People decided to go and change their lives. But my family and I, like millions of others, live in Kyiv. This is our home, our land. And here we live in the reality of war.
And in this reality, my children go to school every day and sit there in the basement for several hours, because Kyiv is bombarded with ballistic missiles almost every day. In this reality, we bury friends every week and comrades every day. We often have no Internet, mobile communication, or electricity. I am learning to assemble combat drones, mastering a new profession as a military engineer, giving lectures to other people on the application of the latest technologies in war. We defend our world, our values, our life. And those who left, as well as those who do not live through war, cannot understand this. But we do not ask for this. Just be respectful of others' choices.
th4mo
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by th4mo »

Sviatoslav Pashchuk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:32 am You know, recently I often come across posts on various social networks from Ukrainians who left Ukraine in the first months of the war. I knew many of these people personally. And this is what I will tell you. Over time, a person ceases to understand a situations in which he does not live. Almost everyone who left my country practically stopped writing about war, about death, about genocide, about the killing of children and the destruction of our culture. They fast their new life - mountains, seas, European cities, restaurants and the like. And that's normal. I have no questions about it. People decided to go and change their lives. But my family and I, like millions of others, live in Kyiv. This is our home, our land. And here we live in the reality of war.
And in this reality, my children go to school every day and sit there in the basement for several hours, because Kyiv is bombarded with ballistic missiles almost every day. In this reality, we bury friends every week and comrades every day. We often have no Internet, mobile communication, or electricity. I am learning to assemble combat drones, mastering a new profession as a military engineer, giving lectures to other people on the application of the latest technologies in war. We defend our world, our values, our life. And those who left, as well as those who do not live through war, cannot understand this. But we do not ask for this. Just be respectful of others' choices.
Very well said. I have tons of admiration and respect for the Ukrainian people, and their incredible resistance and resilience.

Regarding the Ace of Spades image you posted a few posts earlier... I believe you have misspelled "Dangerous". On your card it is missing the "u".

Gorgeous artwork though, as usual!
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Sviatoslav Pashchuk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:32 am
Constantine wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:33 pm At this point, any hype generated would have been gone. We're near the end of January and still no news.
Apart from the war in Ukraine, I don't think the delay is purely all about modifying the pledges, as there's been very little changes regarding that.
Hope to hear soon from the creators.
You know, recently I often come across posts on various social networks from Ukrainians who left Ukraine in the first months of the war. I knew many of these people personally. And this is what I will tell you. Over time, a person ceases to understand a situations in which he does not live. Almost everyone who left my country practically stopped writing about war, about death, about genocide, about the killing of children and the destruction of our culture. They fast their new life - mountains, seas, European cities, restaurants and the like. And that's normal. I have no questions about it. People decided to go and change their lives. But my family and I, like millions of others, live in Kyiv. This is our home, our land. And here we live in the reality of war.
This is the first post ever on this forum that has made me quite emotional.

I have donated to the relief effort, as a friend of my drove a vehicle loaded with supplies and left the car there with the supplies and also volunteered to distribute them.
I have helped a family who settled where I live, donating tables, couches,fridge and such for their new life.
I have made other monetary donations to organisations I believe help those impacted (always important to do your research here).

And it's not enough. It will be impossible to be enough. And to hear from those whose lives are permanently altered it helps me to know this. War is horrible and this effort I believe in, I will continue to support. Thank you for sharing your words.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

GandalfPC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:28 pm As for words getting abused from time to time, wether from overseas or from old folks like me who slept right through a word falling off the ok list - it is a minefield one is sure to get caught in sooner or later…
Just a minefield for folks that care about lists or offense. For offense being taken it needs someone to feel offended. If those folks take the time to think a lot about words then they surely have the time to not feel offended.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Harvonsgard wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:54 pm
GandalfPC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:28 pm As for words getting abused from time to time, wether from overseas or from old folks like me who slept right through a word falling off the ok list - it is a minefield one is sure to get caught in sooner or later…
Just a minefield for folks that care about lists or offense. For offense being taken it needs someone to feel offended. If those folks take the time to think a lot about words then they surely have the time to not feel offended.
I just wasn't sure that you were aware. Now that I know you know, I wholeheartedly agree with your position. The world would be such a better place if all those silly people didn't feel bad when we use intentionally hurtful language!!! :ugthink:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Illuminati Playing Cards go live tomorrow!

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

It's not meant intentionally hurtful, that's the important destinction here. If someone takes the time to be offended though, then yah, I don't care because I'm a hundred percent aware of my intent.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Harvonsgard wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:18 pm It's not meant intentionally hurtful, that's the important destinction here. If someone takes the time to be offended though, then yah, I don't care because I'm a hundred percent aware of my intent.
Like I said, I'm with you! We shouldn't have to think before we choose our words... That's for boring adults! Say whatever the hell you want. It's always the other person's fault if they choose to be offended. :ugdance:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Disenchanted_11

th4mo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:28 pm Say whatever the hell you want.
I agree with not being afraid of words, I agree with the anti-[trimmed in the name of irony by admin rousselle].

But just as spicy words can make "speaking" sound cool and expressive, I don't think that applies the same to written words.
There's been many times I often removed "smurf", "shit", etc. on my written posts because it's just inappropriate.
You don't need to use them in writing, unless to intentionally offend someone.

Don't use them for the sake of using it, because that would be [&*$&$#]. :ugdance:
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

If mods are going to allow the above post to stand, you will lose me as a participant on this forum.

This is not about being "woke" (btw nothing wrong with it, being "awake" ... that is to be aware of the impact your words or behaviours have on others) but about someone being intentionally offensive.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Sviatoslav Pashchuk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:48 am
Greeting! Yes, this is really the first deck where I tried my hand at more classic images. Also, please don't worry too much about it, because the next deck will have custom drawings;)
i am assuming that below the ace it says ''hot and dangerous''. it kind of looks like ''not and dangerous''. maybe a different H would be good.

anyway, the woman looks great. please reconsider the banner in between the courts halves. as i am not an artist, i can only imagine how difficult it is to blend the court halves and make them look good but banners and other dividing lines just do not look great IMO.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

As much as I enjoy a good dust up, let’s not play the game of deciding which offensive words are ok for us to throw about.

As for people needing to grow thick skin, grow one over the fact that I ain’t gonna allow it.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

Sviatoslav Pashchuk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:48 am Greeting! Yes, this is really the first deck where I tried my hand at more classic images. Also, please don't worry too much about it, because the next deck will have custom drawings;)

This looks really good. I like.
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
manu

Unread post by manu »

As someone who likes traditional courts, I quite like these faces. I only wish they used foil instead of metallic ink.
Disenchanted_11

+ respect for the realistic funding goal. Hope we get there!
manu

Unread post by manu »

These are now live

[links moved to top of thread]
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

GandalfPC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 am As much as I enjoy a good dust up, let’s not play the game of deciding which offensive words are ok for us to throw about.

As for people needing to grow thick skin, grow one over the fact that I ain’t gonna allow it.
While I agree with the philosophy of: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", that really only applies to protecting citizens from government censorship and abuse. This is a privately owned forum that is free to set its own standards. In my view, deciding what's offensive is done by the community and enforced by the moderators. Obviously people here have some strong opinions on the matter, but I feel bad about hijacking this thread.

If anyone wants to continue to discuss the merits of speaking humanely (on an internet forum, no less!) I'll be over in the Thunderdome.
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Sviatoslav Pashchuk
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Thank you all guys for your attention and advice! At this moment we have really nice start, and I hope we will get this goal soon! Thank you for your support again and please share with your friends! This will be great journey!
Disenchanted_11

Re: Illuminatus Playing Cards is live on Kickstarter!!

This is the first time I backed a project that didn't immediately get funded. And we all know how slow it goes after the initial stage. Maybe it's the cost, maybe the standard-ish art, maybe the lack of exposure. Maybe the dark theme? Maybe it will eventually crawl towards the goal.

I really like these that I even backed for a full set. But nothing can be done at this point but wait. This is going to be a cutthroat waiting for me, which only happens when waiting for stretch goals to unlock.

Count this one in as a drunk post. Cheers.
Sviatoslav Pashchuk
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Disenchanted_11 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:59 am This is the first time I backed a project that didn't immediately get funded. And we all know how slow it goes after the initial stage. Maybe it's the cost, maybe the standard-ish art, maybe the lack of exposure. Maybe the dark theme? Maybe it will eventually crawl towards the goal.

I really like these that I even backed for a full set. But nothing can be done at this point but wait. This is going to be a cutthroat waiting for me, which only happens when waiting for stretch goals to unlock.

Count this one in as a drunk post. Cheers.
Thank you for such trust! As our practice shows, it is our projects that take goal 5-7 days after launch. We are not the type of authors and teams that collect the main goal in a day or an hour. Many people set low goals in order to reach the goal in the first hours. We don't do that. Our team does not play tricks, we honestly write the amount necessary for the production of the project. So far, a day has passed, we have collected 40 percent of the amount, this is the result we expected. Usually 300 to 700 bakers come to us, so I think everything will be fine. However, even if something goes wrong, we can always restart)
Sviatoslav Pashchuk
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Dear backers,

We're thrilled to share the exciting news that our project has reached an impressive 46% funding milestone in just three days! Your support has been incredible, and we're grateful for each and every one of you.

In response to your feedback, we've introduced new pledges in the add-on section, allowing you to customize your rewards with stone, wooden, and cardboard box options.

Your enthusiasm and commitment inspire us to push further towards our goal. Together, we're turning this project into reality.

Stay tuned for more updates, and thank you for being part of this amazing journey!

Best regards,
Sviatoslav and Oksana
Attachments
IMG_9337.jpeg
IMG_9338.jpeg
IMG_9339.jpeg
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

Sadly this one didnt make it
Dear Backers,

We wanted to reach out and express our deepest gratitude for your support throughout our Kickstarter campaign.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we realize that we will not meet our funding goal this time around. However, we're not giving up on our project. We believe in its potential, uniqueness, and we are committed to making it a reality. After careful consideration and planning, we have decided to relaunch our project in the near future.

We truly appreciate your belief in our vision and your willingness to support us on this journey. Your feedback and encouragement have been invaluable, and we are determined to come back stronger.

We'll keep you updated on our progress and the details of our relaunch. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have.

With best regards,
Sviatoslav and Oksana
That Filthy Casual
Decks Owned: 110

Unread post by That Filthy Casual »

What a shame. Didn't know about this project, but I hope to be a contributor next time the kickstarter is announced.
Disenchanted_11

Funding goal is too high. Next time, they should aim to print the basic cards first.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

this deck was not for me but i am sad to not see it fund as i like sviatoslav and many of his other decks. while one could only speculate as to why it was unsuccessful, it was certainly a departure for him in terms of court art and extra stuff offered.

i was half way through typing up a deeper analysis of pricing and the different tier options but deleted it. i dont want to add any extra pain to sviatoslav. the decks were a bit higher in price that the current norm and i feel like the collectors boxes were really pricey and unfortunately appear to have added a ton to the funding goal to be able to include them. very expensive boxes have been added to campaigns before and have been successful, unfortunately, it was not the case here.

i hope the rerelease of these decks is successful and i look forward to the other campaign he previewed earlier in this thread.