Kings Wild Project - Official Thread

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Re: Kings Wild Project - Official Thread

Unread post by rousselle »

bdawg923 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:38 pm Also, side note, why can't I thumbs up posts in this sub forum?
I *think* I have fixed this for this sub forum. Please let me know.

Thanks!
This space intentionally left blank.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

rousselle wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:45 am I *think* I have fixed this for this sub forum. Please let me know.
Yep :D Thanks!
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

More info gleaned from Discord...
Oddities site is closing down and all book boxes and other oddities are being sold in flash sales on the normal KWP site during the new Tuesday live IG auctions… more info on this in last weeks weekly update video
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

hsbc wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:06 pm More info gleaned from Discord...
Oddities site is closing down and all book boxes and other oddities are being sold in flash sales on the normal KWP site during the new Tuesday live IG auctions… more info on this in last weeks weekly update video
FYI, this info was also in one of the Wednesday Weekly Updates.
EvilDuncan
White Whale: Heretic Gran Riserva S + Sb
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by EvilDuncan »

PrincessTrouble wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:55 pm
hsbc wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:06 pm More info gleaned from Discord...
FYI, this info was also in one of the Wednesday Weekly Updates.
JSYK there was some info on this in the last Wednesday Weekly update!
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Sometimes it's worth browsing through a site and reading the text. Kenny Wayne Preston's decks have fun text, if you're into these kind of things.

Then I spotted this one. I'm not sure if this was intentional, typo or highjacked by Kenny
Triple Gilded Money set features the Greed Gilded Og Feds (2021 Edition), Gold Gilded Edition Legal Tender Holo V2, and the Holographic Gilded Legal Tender Holo V2! Your Tripled Gilded decks will be all snuggled tightly inside a luxury 3-Deck Black "Leather-ish" case, signed by none other than Jackson Robinson in an illustrious silver felt-tip sharpie.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Freudian slip?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Flash Sale 3 Deck / 3 Tuck - Tuesday April 26, $30.00
Three Decks: Table Players Vol. 1, Vol. 5, & Robin Hood STD
Three Random Tucks from our entire inventory, one of those tucks will be signed.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Delayed Shipping

We heard you, and we are bringing back delayed shipping! We took some time away from you to evaluate the process and to put some hard policies in place to protect us and you and to make the entire service a little smoother. Question? reach out to us at support [at] kingswildproject.com

1) If a customer has NOT paid their quarterly shipping invoice within 30 days of the date posted on the Paypal invoice, The customer's items will be restocked, and money lost. No refund will be available if a quarterly shipping invoice has not been paid within 30 days of the customer receiving it.

2) If you are a subscriber who utilizes the delayed shipping program or discount code and do NOT pay your quarterly invoice within 30 days of receiving it, your subscription deck(s) will be restocked, your money lost, and your subscription immediately canceled. No refund will be available for your subscription order after the 30 days of NOT paying your quarterly invoice.

3) If you use the delayed shipping discount code, DELSHIP, and do NOT fill out the online signup form you are automatically agreeing to these terms, and acknowledging the same terms and policies list on this site.

4) If a customer’s deck(s) have NOT been shipped AND the shipping invoice has not been sent, they may get a full refund of any decks purchased minus a 5% restocking fee.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
rockets455

Unread post by rockets455 »

kwp getting rid of delayed shipping caused me to stop buying so many kwp decks. nice to see it is back especially for international customers but i started caring less and less about kwp decks over time especially since kw shorts are only 6 decks per year now. so, in the end, delayed shipping DID save me a lot of money
If you're reading this message then my comment above is mod-approved
EvilDuncan

rockets455 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:23 pm kwp getting rid of delayed shipping caused me to stop buying so many kwp decks. nice to see it is back especially for international customers but i started caring less and less about kwp decks over time especially since kw shorts are only 6 decks per year now. so, in the end, delayed shipping DID save me a lot of money
Well, there are still 12 decks per year. He just split the Shorts series into the No. 13 Club and Vintage Reimagined subs. Really, there is not much difference between this and last year.
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
rockets455

EvilDuncan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:28 am
rockets455 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:23 pm kwp getting rid of delayed shipping caused me to stop buying so many kwp decks. nice to see it is back especially for international customers but i started caring less and less about kwp decks over time especially since kw shorts are only 6 decks per year now. so, in the end, delayed shipping DID save me a lot of money
Well, there are still 12 decks per year. He just split the Shorts series into the No. 13 Club and Vintage Reimagined subs. Really, there is not much difference between this and last year.
so you agree there are half as many shorts decks. vintage reimagined are not shorts decks
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

rockets455 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:18 am
EvilDuncan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:28 am
so you agree there are half as many shorts decks. vintage reimagined are not shorts decks
there are actually 6 more sub decks than last year cuz we added 6 more table players. 6 Vintage Reimagined, 6 No. 13 Club, and 12 Table players. There is no more shorts, and the vintage reimagined could have fit just as easy into the shorts line as the story decks.
rockets455

498426BA-9376-421C-9BCC-44C074196035.jpeg
CF6B2B4E-E72C-4F4B-B355-FD51E3C68A39.jpeg
i didn't say sub decks, i know there are more sub decks. I said shorts decks. the creative type decks like labyrinth, 20/20, book based decks, etc. vintage reimagined is not shorts. no 13 is shorts
EvilDuncan

rockets455 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:18 am so you agree there are half as many shorts decks. vintage reimagined are not shorts decks
No, I don't agree. Why exactly do you think VR decks are not "Short" decks? They absolutely are. The shorts series has been composed of both literature decks and many others, including things like the War Time Series (Old Ironsides, Noble Train, Peter Dash Flash, and Invincible), the Flag series (Valley Forge and Don't Tread on Me), Federal 52 remakes, and the Thoroughbred deck. These are all very similar to the style of the VR decks. Jackson could have kept the shorts series and had all the same decks this year, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead he decided to do half of the monthly decks (not counting TPs) as reimaginings of vintage decks, then split them into their own subscription so people could subscribe to decks that were of more interest to them without buying decks they didn't care about.

Shorts decks were not a specific theme. They were just decks that Jackson wanted to make as part of a subscription model. Now he's just refined the model into 2 subs.
JacksonRobinson wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:25 pm the vintage reimagined could have fit just as easy into the shorts line as the story decks.
Exactly
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

TL;DW: George Strait is great; Federal 52 is the deck of the week; Table Players Vol. 16 will be for sale starting tomorrow (June 16), with new low prices ($16); Mistborn leather cases are on a boat somewhere

There was also an auction a day or two ago on IG for the following:
Labyrinth set, LTD School’s Out, GLD OG Fed52, LTD Nutcracker, errored Alice, red Imperial, Fight Club, and LTD Haunted 8s. Jackson added in a roll of KWP tape, a lithograph print (I think it was a silver certificate, but in any case it was awesome), LTD Beowulf, GLD Lucky Stripes, prototype wood slip case from LOTR, overrun LTD Peter Dash Flash, STD Blue Ribbon (along with a signed flat blue version tuck case), and the Golden Ticket #25/25 (which I think was v.12)
All of that sold for...... $3,000 :shock: :shock:

Jackson also opened up a new website a month or so ago called Fantasy Maps - he's got prints of Tennessee and Texas so far :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

We have a brand new deck series in the works. Next Thursday, July 21st we are going to be doing volume 1 of the Enduro Deck Series, live on Youtube. See the process of designing a deck from concept to completion.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

294849702_2112446498919619_172306174375993267_n.jpg

^Mod magic request^
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Did you want the gif embedded in your post? I hope so :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
portcullis

LOL, sorry. Yes please!!
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

portcullis wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:06 am 294849702_2112446498919619_172306174375993267_n.jpg
Now my Carat 4X2 with the full set will be obsolete :cry:

On the flip side, this design looks to be my favorite!
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Enduro Deck Series - 24 Hour live deck creation with Jackson Robinson

The Enduro Deck Series is a 24-hour live stream with illustrator and playing card designer Jackson Robinson of Kings Wild Project. Jackson will go from concept to completed deck in 24 hours.

Rawhide (Enduro Series 1), $15.00 -- only available for 24 hours: gilded, $35.00; Cowpoke edition, $40.00

Rawhide is the first in our brand new Enduro deck series. Every month, Jackson devotes one day to a 24-hour YouTube live design session. During these live sessions, Jackson takes us from the concept to the completion of an entire deck.

Rawhide is available for pre order during this 24-hour period in three different versions: a Standard Edition, Gilded Edition, and a never-before-produced Cowpoke Edition featuring paper-doll stickers, where each court card can be customized with the included sticker packs. The Gilded and Cowpoke Editions are only available during the 24-hour Live.

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
portcullis

kevork wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:22 am
portcullis wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:06 am 294849702_2112446498919619_172306174375993267_n.jpg
On the flip side, this design looks to be my favorite!
Agreed.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

The Suicide Kings Thread deck is now live. 146/300 remaining at the time of this post.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Got my Stiff Upper Lip deck today. #008/700. I really like that the seal wraps around the side instead of the tuck flap.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

I'm still waiting on Mistborn and Stiff Upper Lip, and I'm glad to see that others are already getting theirs. I inquired about Mistborn, and those are still being sent out (and may take a few weeks to get all wrapped up), so I'll assume the same is true of Stiff Upper Lip.

I popped on to the Enduro session well past midnight (my time, which was three hours later in Tennesee), and asked if there were more puzzles coming down the pipeline (yes) and more Threads (again, yes.)

Jackson's video and audio set-up is truly amazing. The guy is making a decent living doing what he loves to do and is clearly very good at it. We should all be so fortunate to build that kind of success for ourselves. :-)
This space intentionally left blank.
glorystomper

Unread post by glorystomper »

new to hobby, late to the game.. recently discovered kings wild project cards and really dig the standard postage paid deck.

apparently i just missed out on a restock of these decks last week or so. how often does KWP restock their decks?

tried looking for one on eBay and other reddit forums, but nobody seems to be selling anything other than the limited edition/gilded/signed ones (which i'm not a big fan of).

:?
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

“a very limited restock of Postage Paid.” From July 27th KWP email

seeing how fast they went I would say very limited was an apt description - hard to say if and when they will come around again…. I would hit their website and use the contact link to ask them - they are pretty good about answering, may take a day or three though

You can try putting up a request for them in the marketplace and see if anyone wants to sell or trade…
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

If you are looking for Postage Paid, I should have an extra. Just PM me.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

Bradius wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:51 pm If you are looking for Postage Paid, I should have an extra. Just PM me.
That is the least surprising thing i've read this week.