Printed by Cartamundi: C Major & C Minor Playing Cards Now Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
deckisall

Printed by Cartamundi: C Major & C Minor Playing Cards Now Live on KS

Unread post by deckisall »

Hi everyone, we are excited to share that our campaign C Major & C Minor Playing Cards is now live on Kickstarter!

The decks are FULLY custom and printed by Cartamundi with a very limited amount.
Grab the early bird rewards before they’re gone here:
bit.ly/3z6FqEF

Project Highlights:
  • Fully custom music-themed decks with gaff cards
  • Cards printed by Cartamundi on the slimline stock with B9 finish
  • One-time print run. Standard editions (C Major & C Minor) are limited to 300/ Kickstarter print. Get them now, or miss them.
  • Kickstarter backers certificate cards, and first 100 backer certificate cards (if the stretch goal is reached).
  • Free collectable items and stickers (if stretch goals are reached).
  • Very Affordable international shipping fee with tracking (shipping fee varies depending on actual cost for shipping to different countries. Some countries get a really low rate. Otherwise, they are still very special rates compared to what you may see elsewhere. Don't forget to check the shipping fee for different reward tiers)
  • US fulfilment by Gambler's Warehouse
Cover.png
Deck_IG (2).png
Deck_IG 的複本 (11).png
Deck_IG 的複本 (3).png
8.png
octave
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Printed by Cartamundi: C Major & C Minor Playing Cards Now Live on KS

Unread post by octave »

It took me a few seconds to realize that the picture of the flourish is mirrored and for a second I was annoyed that a deck called C minor has the A Major chord as a back design :D
deckisall

octave wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:34 am It took me a few seconds to realize that the picture of the flourish is mirrored and for a second I was annoyed that a deck called C minor has the A Major chord as a back design :D
It seems that we have a pianist here. :D
Finally, someone realized this. Haha.

We somehow thought that it looks better when it's mirrored, but you're right, then it becomes the A Major. So, we ended up fixing it.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Hey, there, deckisall. How final are these designs?

Here's the deal (heh): I'm in a band that writes original songs (rock and country-rock), and I take lessons as part of a School of Rock program for adults that involves performing covers (classic rock). We have lots of musician-types, and I have been inclined to give out the Six String deck as holiday gifts to my bandmates and classmates, but that deck really is only about strings. Your decks features a nod to strings (with the capo and the tuning fork) but also keys, and seems a lot more... cheeky. I think I'd rather give these out as gifts (whether it's ready for this December or I'd have to wait until next year.)

HOWEVER, I really, really, really don't like the red suits being colored silver/grey. It makes the decks pretty much unusable. Is there any hope that you and your crew could be persuaded to color the red suits red? For a deck like this, using a dark red (instead of the more traditional red) in tandem with a slightly darker grey would work excellently with the rest of your design aesthetic, and you'd only really have to color the pips in the indices to win me (and other folks who share this pet peeve with me) over.

So... any possibility that y'all would consider that? :-)
This space intentionally left blank.
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

rousselle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm HOWEVER, I really, really, really don't like the red suits being colored silver/grey. It makes the decks pretty much unusable. Is there any hope that you and your crew could be persuaded to color the red suits red? For a deck like this, using a dark red (instead of the more traditional red) in tandem with a slightly darker grey would work excellently with the rest of your design aesthetic, and you'd only really have to color the pips in the indices to win me (and other folks who share this pet peeve with me) over.
I agree with this 100%. If the deck is intended only for collectors, then silver can work for the heart/diamond pips, because it's just about looks, and not about functionality.

But if you actually expect anyone to use the deck for playing card games or anything like that, those need to be more distinct in colour from the spade/club pips. If you can find a way to do that, I think you'll potentially also increase the number of people interested in the deck. Otherwise the deck isn't practical at all, and basically can't be used for card games.

It's fine as is if your intended audience is collectors only, and your goal is to make a deck that won't actually get used at all. But take it from some `old hands' here that this is worth thinking about carefully.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

deckisall

rousselle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm Hey, there, deckisall. How final are these designs?

Here's the deal (heh): I'm in a band that writes original songs (rock and country-rock), and I take lessons as part of a School of Rock program for adults that involves performing covers (classic rock). We have lots of musician-types, and I have been inclined to give out the Six String deck as holiday gifts to my bandmates and classmates, but that deck really is only about strings. Your decks features a nod to strings (with the capo and the tuning fork) but also keys, and seems a lot more... cheeky. I think I'd rather give these out as gifts (whether it's ready for this December or I'd have to wait until next year.)

HOWEVER, I really, really, really don't like the red suits being colored silver/grey. It makes the decks pretty much unusable. Is there any hope that you and your crew could be persuaded to color the red suits red? For a deck like this, using a dark red (instead of the more traditional red) in tandem with a slightly darker grey would work excellently with the rest of your design aesthetic, and you'd only really have to color the pips in the indices to win me (and other folks who share this pet peeve with me) over.

So... any possibility that y'all would consider that? :-)
Thanks a lot for your interest in our work and the feedback!

The graphics are final but if it's just about re-colouring, we can consider changing it for sure.
We will post an update in our campaign soon to see how others think about it.
deckisall

EndersGame wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:56 pm
rousselle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm HOWEVER, I really, really, really don't like the red suits being colored silver/grey. It makes the decks pretty much unusable. Is there any hope that you and your crew could be persuaded to color the red suits red? For a deck like this, using a dark red (instead of the more traditional red) in tandem with a slightly darker grey would work excellently with the rest of your design aesthetic, and you'd only really have to color the pips in the indices to win me (and other folks who share this pet peeve with me) over.
I agree with this 100%. If the deck is intended only for collectors, then silver can work for the heart/diamond pips, because it's just about looks, and not about functionality.

But if you actually expect anyone to use the deck for playing card games or anything like that, those need to be more distinct in colour from the spade/club pips. If you can find a way to do that, I think you'll potentially also increase the number of people interested in the deck. Otherwise the deck isn't practical at all, and basically can't be used for card games.

It's fine as is if your intended audience is collectors only, and your goal is to make a deck that won't actually get used at all. But take it from some `old hands' here that this is worth thinking about carefully.
Thank you for your feedback.
Our intention was to match the colour of the card back (black and silver/grey), and we thought it's fine as long as we have two different colours.
However, we will consider changing to red now.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

rousselle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm We have lots of musician-types, and I have been inclined to give out the Six String deck as holiday gifts to my bandmates and classmates, but that deck really is only about strings. Your decks features a nod to strings (with the capo and the tuning fork) but also keys, and seems a lot more... cheeky. I think I'd rather give these out as gifts (whether it's ready for this December or I'd have to wait until next year.)
Don't be Scrooge McDuck, gift your band-/classmates both, haha.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Harvonsgard wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:52 am
rousselle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 pm ... Six String deck as holiday gifts ...
Don't be Scrooge McDuck, gift your band-/classmates both, haha.
And AoP Tempo :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
deckisall

Update: The silver/grey cards will be changed to red.
3.png
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Way better playability now.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
deckisall

Here's the new prototype
13.png