52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Guys and gals, I just found out that the 52+Joker Club Deck this year (2020) was designed by Peter Dunham and Linnea Gitts AKA "UUSI" and will be available for members only during the virtual convention next month, starting October 14th through the 17th.

Details are not available yet, but I suspect that the price will be around $30-$35, although they might go up depending on the limited quantity made / available and the number available per member is not known yet, as well.

As a member service, I will accept reservations for the decks - limited to one per person until I know more. I might ask for a deposit when we get more details, but for now I will accept requests by PM / DM here ONLY. Just send me a message here telling me thar t you are in for a deck, and I will let you know where you are in the queue.

Most likely given recent history, this deck will sell out almost as soon as it becomes available, so if you are not a member, this might easily be your only opportunity.

I will revise this message once I get reservations for about 20 decks, hoping that I can get that many. I don't know where the limit is yet, but I have asked.

Obviously if you are a member of the 52+Joker Club you won't want to do this but I probably will need at least one or two members to help, in order to get more decks. Let me know if you can help.

As soon as I know more, I will update this message.

I am not trying to make money, just offer these to UC members. Last year Lotrek's club deck immediately became a tough get. If you didn't get one in the first day or two you paid a premium!

Thanks will be shipping them to domestic (US) addresses by Priority Mail, which is up over $8, simply because I can't get tracking without it. Canada is around $20, so one person may want to coordinate with me and re-mail them to other Canadians. I am sure it is cheaper if you mail from Canada.

Overseas is around $35. Unfortunately I can't do anything about USPS shipping fees. That's a terribly expensive amount for a single deck, so we might want to figure out how to streamline that as well.

Again, design, theme, prices, etc are still unknown. I will detail what I find out when I know more.

If you are waiting for me to respond to PM here, please forgive. I have been out of touch for a while, mostly up in Asheville where my 86 year old MIL is not well and Columbia where my sister recently fractured her hip. It's a mess! I see 5 in my inbox, but I don't have time tonight. I will catch up tomorrow morning...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: 52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI - You want?

Unread post by vasta41 »

I'm in!
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

This was the most exciting news of 2020 for me personally. Pretty curious how it'll look.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I can feel FOMO creeping up on me, but I'd like to see it before putting my money down.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

I’m in too. DMed Mike earlier!
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Yes plz! Also sent Mike a PM earlier.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

portcullis wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 am Yes plz! Also sent Mike a PM earlier.
Hey, can we do an Australia special delivery by combining every request from down under. I am a club member, let me know.
portcullis

Well that's 2 requests... also a member.
intlgrrl
White Whale: MAD DECK by Ozlem Olcer
Decks Owned: 256

Unread post by intlgrrl »

Hi Mike! Please count me in! I'm already a member as well!
intlgrrl
White Whale: MAD DECK by Ozlem Olcer
Decks Owned: 256

Unread post by intlgrrl »

Also Mike, I'm sorry about you sister and MIL! I hope they have speedy recoveries
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Mooseweasel

Unread post by Mooseweasel »

I'm totally in for some USSI action! DM'd it up, Rather coincidentally I literally just got a Royal Mail customs note today from an order I placed with them a few weeks ago for some more of there old decks. If anyone else from the UK is down? I certainly wouldn't mind combining.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

I guess I didn't make it clear that I am offering to try to get decks for you if you are (or are not) a member of the 52+Joker Club.

After seeing how quickly they disappeared last year, I wanted to get a head start instead of like previous years where I put orders together after the fact.

One problem is that it is entirely possible that I won't know much - if anything - more before they go on sale. I'm every previous year nothing was released before they were available except perhaps who was designing them, and in most cases even that was not known.

Pricing? I might not have that either. We'll see. For now, I am not asking for a deposit. That likely will change. If you are a member it might work out better for you if you do it yourself, maybe not, especially for single decks.

SUNISH - absolutely a great idea to put together a "bulk" order for down under. Probably end up saving shipping costs all around.

Also, I hoped that I made it clear that I needed everyone to send me a private message to reserve. I just sent 12 replies with simply "#3 in the queue."

If you didn't get one, send me a PM!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

BTW, what's up with the 52+ Joker website? I just tried accessing it and it instantly threw me to some BS website that my Anti-Virus judged as highly risky to open. I couldn't access it with mobile either, same thing.

Did they got hacked or what's going on here?
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
CPPCC
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by CPPCC »

Are there some Europeans out there so that we can arrange a combined mailing to the EU? (I'm not a 52+Joker member, but I'm on Mike's list)
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I think it is a great idea to get the orders lined up in advance. I'll get mine directly to save you one more logistics and shipping problem. If you want me to take on some of the orders, let me know.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
HostileTraveler
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Damask Blue

Unread post by HostileTraveler »

Räpylätassu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:01 pm BTW, what's up with the 52+ Joker website? I just tried accessing it and it instantly threw me to some BS website that my Anti-Virus judged as highly risky to open. I couldn't access it with mobile either, same thing.

Did they got hacked or what's going on here?
I sent over an email to them when I noticed some strange redirects last night. Based on what it was doing at the time, it looks like this: https://medium.com/@lp1/september-plagu ... 895f14360a
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

I went to have a looksee at the website to see if policy had changed or anything and my AV was complaining. Complained today too, complained a few minutes ago too. I won't be back for a week or so, they should sort it out at some point. Or not, whichever.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Picknflick
White Whale: Culminus Infiniti and Avernum
Decks Owned: 24

Unread post by Picknflick »

As someone with almost no collection, I’d love to put my name in the pot as a non-member from Canada!
chicken_ql

Unread post by chicken_ql »

I'd like one as well!
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

I'm down if there's an Australian group, on its own the price+shipping is simply too much.
portcullis

Yeah, Sunish, put me down for the Aus group too, if wasn't clear from my earlier post.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Mike Ratledge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:35 pm I guess I didn't make it clear that I am offering to try to get decks for you if you are (or are not) a member of the 52+Joker Club.

After seeing how quickly they disappeared last year, I wanted to get a head start instead of like previous years where I put orders together after the fact.

One problem is that it is entirely possible that I won't know much - if anything - more before they go on sale. I'm every previous year nothing was released before they were available except perhaps who was designing them, and in most cases even that was not known.

Pricing? I might not have that either. We'll see. For now, I am not asking for a deposit. That likely will change. If you are a member it might work out better for you if you do it yourself, maybe not, especially for single decks.

SUNISH - absolutely a great idea to put together a "bulk" order for down under. Probably end up saving shipping costs all around.

Also, I hoped that I made it clear that I needed everyone to send me a private message to reserve. I just sent 12 replies with simply "#3 in the queue."

Mike - Hope your are doimg well.

Is there any chance if you get the decks for us down under and then get it shipped together. I already have 4 ppl (including me) who would like to get a deck or two. Please advise.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

guru wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:20 am
Mike Ratledge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:35 pm I guess I didn't make it clear that I am offering to try to get decks for you if you are (or are not) a member of the 52+Joker Club.

Mike - Hope your are doimg well.

Is there any chance if you get the decks for us down under and then get it shipped together. I already have 4 ppl (including me) who would like to get a deck or two. Please advise.
Sunish, if you are a club member, then it would be best for you to order the decks directly from the 52plus website as they have a rate that includes international shipping. As a member, you have the same access to the decks as Mike. ;) :D
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

Not able to access the 52plusjoker site either : (
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

caniveski wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:27 am Not able to access the 52plusjoker site either : (
Spoke to Lee and it seems that the site was hacked...he’s working on it and hopefully it will be up soon.

machonekevin

Unread post by machonekevin »

i'm in.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

They're one of the best brands but most of their decks wasn't a hit for me. I'm looking forward to it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

shermjack wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:31 am
caniveski wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:27 am Not able to access the 52plusjoker site either : (
Spoke to Lee and it seems that the site was hacked...he’s working on it and hopefully it will be up soon.
Good to know...I kept getting redirected to spam websites and whatnot.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

52plusJoker site is back up! Thanks, Lee! :ugdance: