Tapatalk UC issues?

Have questions or comments about the site?
STLBluesNut

Tapatalk UC issues?

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I have not been able to view UC for over a month using tapatalk, my main way of viewing and the reason I have not been active at all in the past month. Is anyone else having this issue? when I try I just get "network error, please try again later. (get_config) for the first week or so I just assumed it was UC being down again. I finally logged in on my work computer being back in the office today and UC has been live all this time.
Timmargh
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Re: Tapatalk UC issues?

Unread post by Timmargh »

Yeah, I have the same issue but I use a computer in the evening.

I've no idea what needs to be done to fix it though.
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

ALL old add-ons were disabled before/after the forum upgrade as they are not compatible anymore. Please ask Mike to install a new version.
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

After research, I found some not so funny things about Tapatalk and huge security flaws. :evil: One example - Tapatalk users were able to read all private messages. Enough?

For you to understand - PHPBB software does not allow admins/moderators to read other's PMs. But Tapatalk opened this hole for everyone at some point. 100% BS!!!

I strongly recommend researching before installing this software again. I hope it was fixed, but I am not in to help to make it easier.

Each add-on is a security flaw!
STLBluesNut

Well, I hope it gets figured out because navigating these forums without it is a huge pain in the ass unless there are some settings I am missing. When I click on a topic I want to jump to the first unread post, not the beginning of the thread, then click the last page, then scroll down to find out where I left off. Maybe I'm lazy but it is annoying as hell. Then when I hit the back button it shows the thread as unread still.

I definitely will be back and post less if I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do so.

Also, no matter how many times I hit remember me, it never does and I have to log in every time or see everything as unread and have to figure out what I have seen or not.

On tapatalk you just click the forum, it lists all the unread or new posts, you click them and you it jumps right to the spot you need in the thread. You read it, hit back, click the next unread post.

I was never able to read anyone else's pm's either. Not sure where that is coming from.
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@STLBluesNut it's up to forum owners. But you should warn other users or maybe ask them in advance.

Tapatalk It's a backdoor to this forum with a high level of access to everything! What about privacy?

Opening access to Private Messages was something unbelievable!!! Who can guarantee that they have fixed this, and no other issues left?

And it's also very important - if Mike installs this software, PLEASE upgrade each time to a newer version. Otherwise, it's a huge risk.
STLBluesNut

again, I have no idea what you are talking about with private messages. I never was able to see any private messages except those to or from me.

On this forum or any other on tapatalk.

Is there any other forum app that anyone can recommend besides using the web browser on my phone?
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 pm again, I have no idea what you are talking about with private messages. I never was able to see any private messages except those to or from me.
I'll explain. With Tapatalk installed, any Tapatalk user was able to read ALL forum's PMs (with some easy URLs tweaks ). I am not sure if UC version was affected, but it does not matter.

I am here to explain what happened with Tapatalk and what to do to get it back (ask Mike to install and warn/ask other UC members, IMHO).
STLBluesNut

Gotcha, so you had to know how it was done and edit links and stuff. That is kind of crummy if that is true.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:55 pm Well, I hope it gets figured out because navigating these forums without it is a huge pain in the ass unless there are some settings I am missing. When I click on a topic I want to jump to the first unread post, not the beginning of the thread, then click the last page, then scroll down to find out where I left off. Maybe I'm lazy but it is annoying as hell. Then when I hit the back button it shows the thread as unread still.

I definitely will be back and post less if I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do so.

Also, no matter how many times I hit remember me, it never does and I have to log in every time or see everything as unread and have to figure out what I have seen or not.

On tapatalk you just click the forum, it lists all the unread or new posts, you click them and you it jumps right to the spot you need in the thread. You read it, hit back, click the next unread post.

I was never able to read anyone else's pm's either. Not sure where that is coming from.
This is how it works for me on PC. There's a small red icon next to each thread title that has unread posts, I click on that and it takes me to the first unread post. Are you not seeing that?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
STLBluesNut

I do see that now thank you. That will help.
Timmargh

MagikFingerz wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:52 am [This is how it works for me on PC. There's a small red icon next to each thread title that has unread posts, I click on that and it takes me to the first unread post. Are you not seeing that?
I was gonna post this, too. I only found it myself a couple of months ago.
Timmargh

I used Tapatalk solely for UC but since the update I just added UC to my homepage and use it via Safari iOS; I got used to it pretty quickly.