Art of Cardistry Geometry Version 3.0 live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Art of Cardistry Geometry Version 3.0 live on KS

Unread post by PipChick »

also, maybe someone could tell me how this design is at all geometric..??
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Art of Cardistry Geometry Version 3.0 live on KS

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Pretty ironic how the caption to the picture of the cards fanned reads "Made for the perfect fan", when the design makes it quite obvious that the fan pictured is not perfect.

Also, yet again, it's a cardistry deck that is printed by MPC and has gilded edges... This guy just doesn't get it.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

It's his fourth project and the previous three all funded, albeit with low goals.

I'm certainly not paying $30 for an ugly MPC deck, but he's turning out projects successfully.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Now, I'm not much of a cardist, but I can recognize when a deck is doing it a service. This... Isn't. The back design isn't geometric, the fan looks awful, and the gilding is a negative. Ugh.

Easy to fund a "cardist" deck, though, when your goal is just $1k. Some people will buy anything with a cardist label slapped on or advertised as such.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

TwoPieceFeed wrote:Now, I'm not much of a cardist, but I can recognize when a deck is doing it a service. This... Isn't. The back design isn't geometric, the fan looks awful, and the gilding is a negative. Ugh.

Easy to fund a "cardist" deck, though, when your goal is just $1k. Some people will buy anything with a cardist label slapped on or advertised as such.
This is nothing more than a money grab! Once again, someone thinks, "Hey- people seem to be making money selling playing cards. Why don't I try!? And to entice people I'll use words like 'cardistry' and 'gilding' :twisted: " And what makes this one even worse is that the goal is only 1K which means the "creator" has or could get the money without a KS but decided to make a campaign to get the word out to a larger audience in order to try and make MORE money. I'm so sick of these garbage projects. They're unfair to any real creators out there that need a KS campaign to fund good decks.
octave
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by octave »

I have to admit I like the black and white pattern of the borderless backs, but..... for god's sake don't use gilded or MPC in the same sentence as cardistry or flourishing.
pass...