Horsemen - Kickstarter 1st June

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
james001a
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Re: Horsemen - Kickstarter 1st June

Unread post by james001a »

Although I'm not surprised, I am disappointed because it looked like it was going to be a good deck. I don't think this was a scam. It is a project that fell apart, and he couldn't put it right. These are the risks any creator takes and the chances of this happening may indeed be greater when backing a rookie creator. But at some point, all of the creators we support right now were rookies as well. This one is unfortunate, but it was apparent early on that it wasn't going to end well. Now about those NPCCD decks...
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

I agree, as much as people say "I dont want KS to be a storefront" this is the alternative when you really need the money to do the project, sometimes it just doesn't work out. At least they are refunding as much as they can.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

james001a wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 pm Although I'm not surprised, I am disappointed because it looked like it was going to be a good deck. I don't think this was a scam. It is a project that fell apart, and he couldn't put it right. These are the risks any creator takes and the chances of this happening may indeed be greater when backing a rookie creator. But at some point, all of the creators we support right now were rookies as well. This one is unfortunate, but it was apparent early on that it wasn't going to end well. Now about those NPCCD decks...
I have to agree with the "not a scam" opinion. Aside from knowing Tony, I have prototypes of the two main decks and I don't think a scammer would bother having those printed.
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

Sounds extremely unlucky. When it comes to KS, if you expect to win every time - Don't gamble
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

I feel for Tony. He didn't help matters with the silence, but he went through a lot and there is plenty of animosity on KS surrounding that project. I wanted this to get produced so it's a sad day. I think it took a lot to make the update. Had he remained silent, the deck still wouldn't have been produced, so it says a lot that he offered an explanation with the bad news.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

BaconWise wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:01 pm I feel for Tony. He didn't help matters with the silence, but he went through a lot and there is plenty of animosity on KS surrounding that project. I wanted this to get produced so it's a sad day. I think it took a lot to make the update. Had he remained silent, the deck still wouldn't have been produced, so it says a lot that he offered an explanation with the bad news.
I wonder if another producer could figure out a way to make these cards a reality!
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

The comments on KS are brutal and honestly makes me sick. I don’t know what is true or not but people are really out for blood.

I guess everyone forgets that KS is not a guarantee and you should never gamble with money you can’t afford to lose.
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

I'm a little conflicted on this one. I had already written this one off, so I'm not upset at all. And with all that's happened , him coming back and writing this up knowing what some of the response would be is appreciated and took some guts. Still, it feels like he's being somewhat dishonest about the circumstances here a bit and shifting a lot of the blame. The bit about Cartamundi supposedly canceling the project because of a few people reaching out to them trying to get info in particular didn't sit well with me. Also, couldn't the printed by Cartamundi part on the tucks have been covered with a sticker if he went with a different printer? Regardless of all that though, I'm glad to see him posting something as it means that he's at least somewhat doing better. Hopefully things continue to improve for him. In the end it's just cards and there are far more important things.
Disenchanted_11

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

The coin is amazing. Will pick up a set if this project gets revived one way or another.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Unfortunate for the project but good that people aren't in a void anymore.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

Timmargh wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:12 pm
james001a wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 pm Although I'm not surprised, I am disappointed because it looked like it was going to be a good deck. I don't think this was a scam. It is a project that fell apart, and he couldn't put it right. These are the risks any creator takes and the chances of this happening may indeed be greater when backing a rookie creator. But at some point, all of the creators we support right now were rookies as well. This one is unfortunate, but it was apparent early on that it wasn't going to end well. Now about those NPCCD decks...
I have to agree with the "not a scam" opinion. Aside from knowing Tony, I have prototypes of the two main decks and I don't think a scammer would bother having those printed.

Tis a shame, I tried to ask if I could I do a late pledge when I started collecting as I missed this project. Back then I was not aware of the situation.

That said, would you be willing to sell one of the prototypes Tim as I really like the art.
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

krystalie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:18 am Tis a shame, I tried to ask if I could I do a late pledge when I started collecting as I missed this project. Back then I was not aware of the situation.

That said, would you be willing to sell one of the prototypes Tim as I really like the art.
I would consider selling the Collectors Edition.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

If the producer consents, such a deck can be scanned and reprinted by MPC for a limited print run. Just a thought.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

kevork wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:20 pm If the producer consents, such a deck can be scanned and reprinted by MPC for a limited print run. Just a thought.
He could probably release the card files to backers to do just that also.