Anything and everything playing cards!
Adamthinks
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Re: Kickstarter Black List

Unread post by Adamthinks »

Adamthinks wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:51 pm
GandalfPC wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:16 am Well that is impressive - its a software project (game) with 125 updates, last about 6 months ago - as they “wrapped up the save/load” system…

It would seem that they need a better programmer, but perhaps they will figure it out eventually :)

I think the law of odds says that as long as they keep hitting keys…
Yeah, i check on it every 6 months or so for a laugh. The game itself is made by the creators of the old Space Quest games from way back. Sierra owns the rights so this game is basically another game in the same spirit and style as those (which i loved) without infringing the IP. They've run into all sorts of delays mainly of their own making, but there was a major illness to one of the people involved also. They also probably underestimated how much money they needed ($500k was the goal). They haven't said so, but it's been clear for a looooooooong time that they had run out of money for the project. Despite the numerous updates, many of them had been lies, like one update years ago said the game was due to be finished in 3 months when it came out in a muuuuch later update that they still hadn't even finished the script or hired voice actors. It's been a journey for sure. The nearly 40,000 comments can attest to that. I had only backed for like $25 or so, so it's not the end of the world and the calamity has been a source of entertainment. Some backed for muuuuch more and are understandably pretty upset. The most recent update that they hadn't thought to implement a save system until the very end gave me a good chuckle. I don't know if it'll ever be released, nor do i care too much either at this point. It's become clear that the couple people left working on it are only doing so a couple hours a month or so in their off time. It had gone through an Alpha release for bug testing to backers of a certain level, and the word from them did not seem to bode well for the quality of the game. Oh well.

Random off-topic update, But miracle of all miracles, this video game kickstarter that funded over 10 years ago actually just shipped....... I had to reread the email with the download link multiple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Adamthinks wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Random off-topic update, But miracle of all miracles, this video game kickstarter that funded over 10 years ago actually just shipped....... I had to reread the email with the download link multiple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
ooo, what's the name of the project? Would love to read more about the game.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

GandalfPC wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:05 am Two Guys SpaceVenture

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sp ... escription
Man, from the comments, looks like there's still plenty of bugs. Would like to hear your comment on this game once you've managed to play/finish it.
GandalfPC

One of the comments had a link to a review in Finnish - here it is pumped through google translate:

https://www-gamereality-org.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp

They have a video of the gameplay - entertaining as well as grueling.

Adamthinks

Eric Lee wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:58 pm

Man, from the comments, looks like there's still plenty of bugs. Would like to hear your comment on this game once you've managed to play/finish it.
I'm going hiking tomorrow, but I'm home on Thursday and was planning on playing some. I'll let you know what I think. I'm expecting it to be pretty buggy, but hopefully it's also fun.
Adamthinks

Eric Lee wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:58 pm

So after playing a good bit, the game is as the comments say, very buggy. It crashed a bunch of times while playing. The interface, controls, and gameplay are kinda clunky and unintuitive. The animations are somewhat janky too. The game is fun still and has very similar humor to the original Space Quest games, but the issues make it pretty frustrating to play for long periods. I wasn't expecting much because of the looooooong delay and the issues they faced, so I'm not really disappointed. I'm just glad it actually got released.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Deallez needs to be added to the list imo. There is at least 2 projects, that I am aware of, that they are involved with and both have had a lack of updates and non-delivery. Feel The Music and Retro Wave are the projects in question. Both had updates that indicated they were ready for shipping and yet nothing has been delivered and the creators have disappeared. Both involve Deallez who have gone silent on IG and have also not responded to emails I sent to them. What happened to Deallez? ugh
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
ShuffleUpandDeal

Unread post by ShuffleUpandDeal »

Sadly seems Steve Minty can be added to the list. Seems backers are still waiting over a year on his last project for some stuff and he seems to have disappeared.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

I am not defending him or saying that he hasn’t gone for good, but he did this during the Hana campaign several years ago. In the end it turned out that he was unhappy with the cards and so ditched them and started from scratch.
GandalfPC

Don’t know what’s happening with Steve, but I did receive my pledge for that campaign - something rather serious must have taken him out of play for a while but I’m not counting him out by any means. He was planning a Hana 2 when last we heard from him and it seemed clear at that time that something was up.

I see him last active on Twitter March of 21, Instagram April 21 , last update on the Kickstarter March of 22, last login to kickstarter May of 22

Adamthinks

Timmargh wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:53 pm I am not defending him or saying that he hasn’t gone for good, but he did this during the Hana campaign several years ago. In the end it turned out that he was unhappy with the cards and so ditched them and started from scratch.
Not the case for this project as he did ship it out for most backers (I got mine). Something else is going on with him, hopefully not too serious, but he isn't responding to anything on any service or email and hasn't been for a while. The second set of Ascension decks still haven't been put up for sale outside of the Kickstarter for it (and they shipped out to backers a long time ago). Hopefully he's ok, but something has caused him to step away entirely for the time being.
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Meanwhile.... Back on another episode of "Skymember Presents"
Most of the backers of Origins Genesis still hasn't got what they have pledge for: some that have splurged extra money for prioritized shipping and some might be going for the rescue investment programs thing. Whoops, they went under again...
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Adamthinks

laitostarr777 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:11 pm Meanwhile.... Back on another episode of "Skymember Presents"
Most of the backers of Origins Genesis still hasn't got what they have pledge for: some that have splurged extra money for prioritized shipping and some might be going for the rescue investment programs thing. Whoops, they went under again...
Wasn't there a recent post by a company that had bought Skymember and said they were going to make sure Origins got fulfilled? Did THAT company also go under?
laitostarr777

Adamthinks wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:27 pm Wasn't there a recent post by a company that had bought Skymember and said they were going to make sure Origins got fulfilled? Did THAT company also go under?
By reading all those recently new comments... I don't think so - don't know what the heck happened, but again... the usual radio silence
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

I'm not trying to be mean but is it time to put Doc's playing cards on this list? He seems to have pulled a disappearing act from all his campaigns.
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

krystalie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:41 am I'm not trying to be mean but is it time to put Doc's playing cards on this list? He seems to have pulled a disappearing act from all his campaigns.
How far past the deadlines is he on his projects, and how long has he been radio silent?
This space intentionally left blank.
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

rousselle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:41 am How far past the deadlines is he on his projects, and how long has he been radio silent?
I can only say for the Ocean's curse campaign, expected delivery was November 2022, then there were delays. He said there were a some decks with damages or faults so a handful of backers will have to wait for replacements (me included). Last update was April 30th 2023 about fulfillment being resumed but nothing happened, before the April one it was December 2022. Last login to KS was 5th June 2023 as of this post but does not address any of the backers comments of pms. As for the other campaigns, I do not have any eggs in those baskets but based on comments he seems to be unresponsive too.
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
laitostarr777

rousselle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:41 am
krystalie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:41 am I'm not trying to be mean but is it time to put Doc's playing cards on this list? He seems to have pulled a disappearing act from all his campaigns.
How far past the deadlines is he on his projects, and how long has he been radio silent?
There are so many projects that he is overdued in fulfilling: the RLLE group's LUDUS MAGNUS - the 120th Anniversary of SW Erdnase, Tough Luck Shadow [these are three projects that I backed]. Including krystaline's comment on Ocean's Curse, make it four

From the latest update I got, he simply just show progress charts without any explanations and all. As if... I can feel he is losing his touch or he just doesn't care anymore. I DID warn him against running multiple campaigns back to back without finishing up previous projects, and now he got up to four projects he need to handle...
PaulF
White Whale: KWP Federal 52 Legacy
Decks Owned: 1200

Unread post by PaulF »

GandalfPC

PaulF wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:16 pm https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/je ... f=activity Jesse Jordan

I suggest not viewing the videos unless you like to watch sad movies.

It is a case of an unprofessional dropping of the ball, wrapped in tales of divorce and personal woe, concluding in a statement of failure that promises to send out the remaining items once the dust has settled - his current view of doom and gloom outlook may well change if fate proves to not be as cruel as he currently shudders about, which it often isn’t…

Should anyone live in his area and know of a cheap apartment, drop him a tip

PaulF

Unread post by PaulF »

GandalfPC wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:10 pm
PaulF wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:16 pm https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/je ... f=activity Jesse Jordan

I suggest not viewing the videos unless you like to watch sad movies.

It is a case of an unprofessional dropping of the ball, wrapped in tales of divorce and personal woe, concluding in a statement of failure that promises to send out the remaining items once the dust has settled - his current view of doom and gloom outlook may well change if fate proves to not be as cruel as he currently shudders about, which it often isn’t…

Should anyone live in his area and know of a cheap apartment, drop him a tip
How can you ever trust someone like that? How do you even know it's all a scam? The fact is he used pledged monies for other purposes? Everything else is an excuse.
GandalfPC

PaulF wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:34 am How can you ever trust someone like that? How do you even know it's all a scam? The fact is he used pledged monies for other purposes? Everything else is an excuse.

Trust? That’s a big word for this situation and does not really apply.

It might be a scam outright, but it simply does not smell like one to me - if so then he is worse at it than he is at delivering.

Monies being abused and then attempted to be refilled is a pretty common screw up - people think they can fix yesterdays mistake with todays lie and some hard work - doesn’t work out well most of the time…

In this case rather than applying the word Trust I would apply a small test.

If this gentleman were on the ground in front of me now, would he be worthy of a step over, a kick or a hand up? Just how much are we going to judge amongst unknowns and doubts at this particular crossroads?

Any answer other than hand up requires quite a bit of evidence in my opinion, and if we end up at kick, perhaps step over would be better until the facts are all in, which they seldom are at the end of an internet connection.

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

I watched the video; I followed the links. His FB account is still viewable, although he obviously doesn't post there much. This legit looks like he was done dirty by some very bad actors and it had a cascading effect on his life. He looks like he has been working on building the tools he'll need to right the ship, but it can take a long time to recover from the kind of abuse he suffered. I'm inclined to believe that his plight is real, that his financial situation is not the result of poor decisions on his part, and that if he is able to right his ship, he will eventually make good on fulfilling this project. In the meantime, I'd cut him some slack.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
PaulF

Unread post by PaulF »

rousselle wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:43 pm I watched the video; I followed the links. His FB account is still viewable, although he obviously doesn't post there much. This legit looks like he was done dirty by some very bad actors and it had a cascading effect on his life. He looks like he has been working on building the tools he'll need to right the ship, but it can take a long time to recover from the kind of abuse he suffered. I'm inclined to believe that his plight is real, that his financial situation is not the result of poor decisions on his part, and that if he is able to right his ship, he will eventually make good on fulfilling this project. In the meantime, I'd cut him some slack.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
Hi... If I'm not mistaken, he said he has the product in hand but can't ship because of the cost. Did I misread that? I have offered to pay him to ship the product and have not heard anything. If he doesn't respond, what does this tell you?
GandalfPC

It tell’s me very little more than we already knew and It tells us nothing with certainty.

If his life has fallen apart he may be separated from the decks or the email - temporarily or permanently.

We will find out differently the moment there is a differently from him that he decides to report but at the moment - that puppy is lost in the woods.

PaulF

Unread post by PaulF »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:35 pm It tell’s me very little more than we already knew and It tells us nothing with certainty.

If his life has fallen apart he may be separated from the decks or the email - temporarily or permanently.

We will find out differently the moment there is a differently from him that he decides to report but at the moment - that puppy is lost in the woods.
Oh well... I appreciate your input.. Thanks
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

VXD definitely belongs on the list now. No update since December, project is 15 months late and he doesn't respond to emails or messages.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah... I feel that VXD has finally earned their spot on the list. I'll be happy to take them back off the list if the dude resurfaces and fulfills his obligations any time soon.
laitostarr777

Skymember Presents should be added as well - to this day, still many backers are left without their big rewards. Not to mention, some backers that willing to pay extra, yet still hasn't received theirs