52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
juxtaposed
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Arabesque Gold
Decks Owned: 31

Re: 52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI - You want?

Unread post by juxtaposed »

16 signed deck left on Uusi website. (out of 60)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

The decks suddenly showed up here in Charleston after being in California for a week. I should be able to pick them up from the post office between 9 & 10 tomorrow morning.

I will pack them tomorrow and ship by Monday for those who paid for one. I _think_ that I have one spare, but I won't be certain until I print shipping labels.

Anyone who is waiting for me to respond to personal mail, I was still flat on my back until yesterday, when I refused to lie there for our 44th Anniversary. I will try to answer them all tomorrow and Sunday, but I think that I have 44 messages? Lord...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I didn't get it, the courts are starting to grow on me a little bit so I might change my mind at the last minute before they sell out.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Gonzalo
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Gonzalo »

Mike Ratledge wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 pm Anyone who is waiting for me to respond to personal mail, I was still flat on my back until yesterday, when I refused to lie there for our 44th Anniversary. I will try to answer them all tomorrow and Sunday, but I think that I have 44 messages? Lord...
Hi, MIke,

Fisrt, I hope you're doing better.

I might be one of those 44 (or 2, actually, since I sent you 2 PM, one by the beginning of the month and another some time this week). I haven't visited the forum lately and I really haven't got a clue whether you were finally able to get decks for all of us who took you on your kind offer. If the answer is yes, I haven't given you my address yet. Also, I don't know what the final price with shipping costs to the US was. I paypalled you $39.29 for one deck on 10/04; if it's more than that, just let me know, please.

Thank you.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right now there are still 370 "in stock", so I don't foresee it being Sold Out any time soon.

I ended up with a spare (maybe two? - depends on whether or not one person straightens out their payment or I refund the partial)...

In any case, I managed to finish packing and affixing postage to all of them I have shipping addresses for, but I also found that 4 out of the paid orders had no mailing address with the PayPal order / payment, and I just can't trust previous addresses or even worse the one you might have used ages ago to register here, so I sent out messages TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WITH PAYPAL. Also, there is one that I have a foreign address but only paid for domestic / US delivery, so that one also get a note today. This despite the fact that I managed to slip and slightly booger up my lower spine yet again, though not enough to keep me flat on my back like I was for a week or ten days. I didn't look back, but I assume that I failed to make it clear that you needed to put that information in the comments?

Please respond to the email I sent and don't post it here or by PM/DM here either (see more below at the last line).

The rest go out tomorrow morning, both the US and overseas decks. I ended up using a little bit of post office trickery to save a few dollars, since otherwise I was going to end up paying about $1.50 per deck myself: I packed them all in Bubble Wrap envelopes rolled up inserted into Flat Rate boxes inserted into Flat Rate Small Envelopes, which - odd as it sounds - cost $7.75 to mail instead of $8.50 each (or $8.05 for even legal size flat rate envelopes). I learned this trick from Gambler's Warehouse who often mails a full brick inside a single FR envelope and only pays for that minimum rate for unlimited weight Flat Rate Priority Mail. Several of you sent me another $1.50 or $2 when you saw my previous note about the yet again increased prices I didn't notice had changed in the past year - thanks for that!

I have not sent out tracking numbers - yet. I will figure that out tomorrow for those I did manually from my USPS account as opposed to the one or two directly paid for in PayPal, which I assume already sent one? (I'll double-check!)

As dumb as that sounds, using this allows me to ship 10 sets of decks and save about $7 or so, which makes me about break even overall.

The ones going overseas are shipped inside two bubble wrap tyvek sleeves inside a Flat Rate Envelope with $5 declared value so you don't end up paying yet again for customs / taxes before you get to unwrap your deck (and unwrap your deck, and unwrap your deck)... I have never had a problem using this method to get them overseas without damage, but your mileage may vary, as always. Lemme know if otherwise.

Obviously, if I don't have an updated mailing address, your deck is packed, double wrapped and triple wrapped - waiting for the info.

If you want one (or perhaps one of the 5 that is waiting a valid shipping address wants a 2nd deck), let me know as I can easily add a 2nd deck to your order for just $32 which includes the shipping to me from California (I think they are using D&D?) but no additional postage to you - even if overseas. I don't want to have to order more, so please let me know by email to FriendOfUC@gmail.com instead of a PM/DM here, as I still have not been able to catch up my inbox here - sorry! It's been a helluva couple of weeks, folks!
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Mike, is the club deck an extra little money stream for the club? If so, I think this year was great with so many printed and sold. I am sure they will all sell out eventually.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

UUSI is on my deck designer hit list... TGW x UUSI would make me very happy.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 am UUSI is on my deck designer hit list... TGW x UUSI would make me very happy.
YES!!!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, all of them except those with address missing problems went out today in time to be delivered Friday (except overseas, of course).

The 5 problem child ones all go out tomorrow, again - in time for Saturday delivery, with the exception of the one going to Glasgow. That might take a few more days (weeks?), even with Priority Mail International. The one I thought was going overseas but only paid domestic shipping actually goes to a domestic drop-box.

I have 2 spares, actually - not just one, and I am going to start wading through the Private Messages in just a few minutes - sorry for the slack-arse slow response! I bet I will find buyers for those two there!

Bradius wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:41 pm Mike, is the club deck an extra little money stream for the club? If so, I think this year was great with so many printed and sold. I am sure they will all sell out eventually.
Sure, thats the intent. I feel certain that they will sell soon enough. The last 7 of those by Mark Stutzman (2016, I think?) are going to be gone soon, so that means 2015 and 2019 are already sold out (Jackson & Lotrek) and 2020 likely will be soon, as well as 2016 as soon as those last 7 decks sell. That only leaves a few of Paul Carpenter's 2017 and Randy Butterfield's 2018 decks available.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good grief! I obviously can sell another brick of those - give me a day to catch up - I am still almost 3 weeks behind Private Messages here.

I got about 1/2-way through those messages, but there are still 17 - I think. Sorry for the delay, I've got a lot going on and not exactly fleet of foot ATM.

Those two decks I mentioned above are already spoken for at this point, but I will figure out what we need to do to put together another order soon.

Somebody P&M'd about the cost for overseas shipping, comparing it to shared shipping for multiple decks. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that, as previously described. There's no other way to ship overseas with tracking and delivery confirmation, and I won't do it without. Sure, if five people each order one deck each, the cost is the same (I can ship up to 8 decks for the same price it costs to ship one deck - both domestic and overseas)...
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Thanks, Mike! I received my deck today at the center of a Russian doll-like stack of Priority Mail packaging. I appreciate all you did and I hope you and your family get better soon!
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I'd like to review this deck. How do I get my hands on one of these?
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

If you are a member of the 52 Plus Joker club, you can order them through the club website.

If you are not a member, PM me and I can get one to you.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

uusi on IG wrote:For those collectors interested we have a single hand gilded "52+ Joker" Uusi playing card deck ... Please send a DM here on IG if your interested :) [SOLD OUT] ... Our 52+Joker Gilded edition will be a total of ten decks. This deck was a one-time printing and design for the playing card club 52+Joker. As I produce more of the gilded versions of this deck and of Pagan Playing cards we will announce their availability here on IG.

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes

Unread post by kevork »

Congratulations to the buyer. You know who you are 👏🏽😏
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks