Empty Box Scam and Other Ebay Scams

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
chicken_ql

Empty Box Scam and Other Ebay Scams

Unread post by chicken_ql »

Has anyone experienced the empty box or other ebay scams while selling playing cards? How do you deal with those?
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: Empty Box Scam and Other Ebay Scams

Unread post by shermjack »

No, but if you purchase anything off of eBay, you should have some sort of buyers protection, especially if you paid with PayPal.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

Chicken's question appears to be about getting scammed when acting as the seller, so I don't think buyer protections are what they're asking about. But I've never sold anything on eBay and I'm not exactly sure I understand the nature of the scam they're referring to.

Can you elaborate a little, Chicken? How's the scam go? Is it just the buyer claiming they only received an empty box and demanding a refund for goods you actually sent, or...?
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Merlebird wrote:Can you elaborate a little, Chicken? How's the scam go? Is it just the buyer claiming they only received an empty box and demanding a refund for goods you actually sent, or...?
Either way, doesn't matter if seller or buyer. But yah, the scam is either the seller sends you an empty box and you can't get a refund because seller proves with tracking no. that he has send you goods or you send goods and the buyer claims it was empty. Pretty sh**ty situation. As a seller you can try to prove with the packet slip (in Germany there is the weight noted as well) that the box wasn't empty.
As a buyer... dunno, luckily I never encountered this situation; knocking on wood.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Jocu
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Jocu »

Is this the old 'Brand New, Playstation 4 Box mint condition' scam again? Where you get an empty box because they worded the title of the post in a particular way that means they didn't technically lie?