SINS - Thirdway Industries

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes

Re: SINS - Thirdway Industries Now live on KS

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Hello guys!

SINS will arrive to GW the 6 of september - this means that shipping to backers will happens in mid/late sept.

I've recieved 3 SINS decks in Italy and I'm publishing some pics - take a look to the full update > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... ts/1953986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for the delay, I'm really doing my best to minimize it.

Thank you very much!

Gio
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Huge Halloween Sale on Thirdway Industries Website! Eva & SINS finally available!
https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/prod ... order=desc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
halloween_mail.png
halloween_mail.png (343.51 KiB) Viewed 963 times
:twisted:
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

I would love to hear some feedback from people about how the cards in the SINS decks turned out, because that's something that I think many of us were eager to hear about.

Undoubtedly the printing and registration is excellent, as you'd expect from EPCC/LPCC decks. But how about the handling?

If I'm not mistaken, these were printed with the JN Finish, and in EPCC/LPCC's factory in China rather than in Taiwan. For Jackson Robinson's Legal Tender decks (also JN Finish, printed in the China factory), that combination produced a very unsatisfactory product.

But how about the SINS deck - how does their performance and handling compare with EPCC/LPCC decks produced in the Taiwan factory?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: SINS - Thirdway Industries

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I am currently playing with a sins corpus deck on my work desk. It handles nicely. It's a thicker/stiffer stock but fans, faros and springs are easy
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

As someone who owns all of Gios decks Sins is certainly the worst handling of the Thirdway industry decks which is a shame because it has some of my favorite artwork. It’s not unbearably bad or anything just not as good as the rest of the decks Gio has produced so it’s slightly lower quality stands out.
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

JuFiN wrote:As someone who owns all of Gios decks Sins is certainly the worst handling of the Thirdway industry decks which is a shame because it has some of my favorite artwork. It’s not unbearably bad or anything just not as good as the rest of the decks Gio has produced so it’s slightly lower quality stands out.
Thanks for the feedback so far. But is the handling of the SINS deck worse than the performance of a Diamond, Classic, or other finish deck produced by EPCC at their Taiwan factory?

Assuming you've seen/tried one of those, how would you compare it with that?

A EPCC produced deck will handle differently than a USPCC produced deck (and sometimes it's just a matter of getting used to), so I'm especially interested to figure out how an EPCC produced deck produced in China with the JN Finish compares with an EPCC produced deck in Taiwan.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

SINS is awesome :-)

Kidding apart, I am not a cardist so I can't give a professional opinion - I think that EPCC taiwan cards are better in terms of handling/durability, but Chinese inks (and above all, boxes) are better than Taiwan. A technical info: differently than most EPCC Chinese decks, SINS is printed with metallic Pantone colors instead CYMK - this affect the cards slippery and friction, because there is less (and different, since it's metallic) ink on the card surface - this is the reason because SINS handle different than most decks produced in the same factory. If it's a good or bad thing, I leave it to expert cardists - I'm not skilled to tell.

In future, I will prefer Taiwan cards over Chinese ones, but I am quite happy with the result.

Thanks to everyone left an opinion to SINS :)