Wild West playing cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Wild West playing cards

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Wanderer wrote:And so ... Decks of the Wild West were created in honor of the pioneers of the Wild West. We are not trying to replicate or improve the work of other people. This project is our vision of a historical moment. We created a project in the style of old decks. These decks are planned mainly for collectors, and not for active users. For active players, we are working on the next project, but more on this later ...
Hey, if you love the historical significance of the Old West and are inspired to produce a deck with that theme, then good for you. Obviously the comment claiming your deck was a "carbon copy" of a previous deck was a gross exaggeration, but I think the rest of the comments and criticisms were valid. We don't represent all card collectors here at UC, but I think you can get a fairly good pulse of where the community stands here, so you can take these comments to heart. . .or not, totally up to you.

By what measure are you referring to when you say "super decks"? If you are talking about artistic merit, then there have been many extraordinarily beautiful decks produced in the past couple of years. If you're talking about raising a lot of money on Kickstarter, as TwoPieceFeed already mentioned, the 3rd highest playing card project in Kickstarter's history just closed a few days ago, plus there have been many other financially successful projects in the past couple of years. If you're talking about technological advancements, then you're not paying attention to the creative things other designers are doing with tucks or the breakthroughs with foiling on the cards. Do you consider this Wild West deck a super deck?

I'm almost wondering if something's being lost in translation. . .
Wanderer

Unread post by Wanderer »

It's great, the process is gone ... Now answer the respected critics, are there any professional artists among you? If so, can you show your work?
This is a work of art by Kazimir Malevich. The picture is expensive and discussed by critics. This became popular because of the stupidity of critics who were looking for some sense on an ordinary black square. What is your opinion?

Wanderer

What criteria are necessary to become a critic? I believe that, first of all, professionalism ... Is it possible to call a professional, a person collecting cars, if he can ride them, but does not know how they are arranged? I also want to be a critic ... Let's start with the projects you mentioned.

This project is taken from Arcana Playing Cards

It's my opinion. Do you have these decks? Wonderful, this is your choice, and it should live.

These decks vary from project to project in small things. I do not even pay attention to these changes. For me, the value of this deck in its first release. Further changes simply make money. Will you buy the same car in different colors?

With this deck, the same story. Do not give in to someone else's opinion, open your eyes.
Wanderer

Thank you very much for your comments and your desire to help. Our first project was broken on this forum. But we did it and got a lot of good feedback from supporters. The second we did not show here, and he collected enough fans))) Wild West - the third project, but we are ready for the fourth and fifth)))

"And yet it moves"
Galileo Galilei
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Wanderer wrote:It's great, the process is gone ... Now answer the respected critics, are there any professional artists among you? If so, can you show your work?
This is a work of art by Kazimir Malevich. The picture is expensive and discussed by critics. This became popular because of the stupidity of critics who were looking for some sense on an ordinary black square. What is your opinion?

Professional artists represent a small group of playing card collectors. If they're the only people you wish to cater to, then make that apparent. I couldn't care less.

I consider myself a 'professional playing card collector', if you will. I take pride in collecting nothing short of what I consider artwork. This project, while certainly not the worst I've seen, just doesn't add and value to what I own. That doesn't even include the previously mentioned Jamm Pakd Cards deck, either.

If a collector owns a 15th century painting, they don't tend to purchase another that has a similar theme. Some may, but by virtue of personal experience, most don't.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

Wanderer wrote:What criteria are necessary to become a critic? I believe that, first of all, professionalism ... Is it possible to call a professional, a person collecting cars, if he can ride them, but does not know how they are arranged? I also want to be a critic ... Let's start with the projects you mentioned.

This project is taken from Arcana Playing Cards

It's my opinion. Do you have these decks? Wonderful, this is your choice, and it should live.

These decks vary from project to project in small things. I do not even pay attention to these changes. For me, the value of this deck in its first release. Further changes simply make money. Will you buy the same car in different colors?

With this deck, the same story. Do not give in to someone else's opinion, open your eyes.
You don't pay attention to details..?

Variants are good for everyone. Some colors attract some collectors. Entire series are attractive to many collectors. Most of them aren't just color changes. Most campaigns with multiple decks have different back designs to further contrast the color (and/or thematic) differences. If you're glossing over these details then you're not paying any close attention.

It's not "owning the same car in different colors". It's owning a yellow 2000 Lamborghini Diablo and a gunmetal gray 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Wanderer

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:It's great, the process is gone ... Now answer the respected critics, are there any professional artists among you? If so, can you show your work?

Professional artists represent a small group of playing card collectors. If they're the only people you wish to cater to, then make that apparent. I couldn't care less.

I consider myself a 'professional playing card collector', if you will. I take pride in collecting nothing short of what I consider artwork. This project, while certainly not the worst I've seen, just doesn't add and value to what I own. That doesn't even include the previously mentioned Jamm Pakd Cards deck, either.

If a collector owns a 15th century painting, they don't tend to purchase another that has a similar theme. Some may, but by virtue of personal experience, most don't.
Thanks for the answer. In fact, collectors are different. I will never buy a thing with slight changes in color and design, because I think they make money on me. And the author was simply exhausted as a creator. This is my subjective opinion. There are people who gladly collect the same things. This is their right. I would have bought similar paintings from different authors. The technique of painting is important. I looked at the portfolio of your collection, and I understand your preferences. I have most of the decks you showed. Not in the collection, but as a working material. We check them for strength, water resistance, etc. But this should not be interesting to you. The key word in your messages is: "I consider myself". You have the right to consider yourself to be anything. I saw a man who considers himself to be Napoleon. And nothing, lives on the sly. For collectors, you have very few exhibits. I think so.
theCapraAegagrus

Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:

Thanks for the answer. In fact, collectors are different. I will never buy a thing with slight changes in color and design, because I think they make money on me. And the author was simply exhausted as a creator. This is my subjective opinion. There are people who gladly collect the same things. This is their right. I would have bought similar paintings from different authors. The technique of painting is important. I looked at the portfolio of your collection, and I understand your preferences. I have most of the decks you showed. Not in the collection, but as a working material. We check them for strength, water resistance, etc. But this should not be interesting to you. The key word in your messages is: "I consider myself". You have the right to consider yourself to be anything. I saw a man who considers himself to be Napoleon. And nothing, lives on the sly. For collectors, you have very few exhibits. I think so.
I may not be a playing card artist, but don't underestimate my own, or anyone else's, abilities to judge artwork. I was a comic book artist in high school and at the college level. I am a Designer by trade, in drawing, and computer application. I engineer the piece of equipment that you drive in to and fro, and that has many more pieces than you can visually comprehend put together, more so than a tuck case and some playing cards. I know what real art is.

I consider myself a professional playing card collector, because I take it just as seriously as I do at my career, that enables me to be a collector. And, professionally speaking, this deck doesn't live up to the current market's standards. The playing card market and the automotive market are following similar trends right now. They're both getting smaller, the customers are more quality-demanding, and they're paying closer attention to details. If you don't take notes then you're going to follow some OEMs and start closing up shop.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Randomly Here

Unread post by Randomly Here »

I'm not a critic and I can not appreciate this picture of Malevich, although I'm a reasonable person.
These pips look quite interesting and attractive. I did not see the such decks.
When will your project be launched?
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Wasn’t necessarily talking about the faces, but the theme in general and more so the back which is the same idea as his.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Wanderer

jerichoholic wrote:Wasn’t necessarily talking about the faces, but the theme in general and more so the back which is the same idea as his.
Homer wrote "Iliad", the movie "Troy" did not have to be created? Homer's idea? How many works of art, films and books have been rewritten? And everyone had their own taste. Now about the project. I wrote above that we posted the working material Wild West about a year ago on this forum and other resources. It was our mistake. Several months later, several projects came up with the idea of ​​the Wild West from different creators. Among them were wonderful works and some were made in a hurry and copied our elements. We finished the project by changing a bit of the graphics solution. But started another topic, giving the time for the backers to forget about the Wild West. Now it's time for our decks. We have several more projects in work, but we will not show the working material any more.
Wanderer

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:

I may not be a playing card artist, but don't underestimate my own, or anyone else's, abilities to judge artwork. I was a comic book artist in high school and at the college level. I am a Designer by trade, in drawing, and computer application. I engineer the piece of equipment that you drive in to and fro, and that has many more pieces than you can visually comprehend put together, more so than a tuck case and some playing cards. I know what real art is.

I consider myself a professional playing card collector, because I take it just as seriously as I do at my career, that enables me to be a collector. And, professionally speaking, this deck doesn't live up to the current market's standards. The playing card market and the automotive market are following similar trends right now. They're both getting smaller, the customers are more quality-demanding, and they're paying closer attention to details. If you don't take notes then you're going to follow some OEMs and start closing up shop.

Comics? Great!? We also suffered comics in a deep childhood))) So, about exaggeration of the possibilities, this is not for us ... The team is working not only professional artists, but also engineers, technicians, designers. But your opinion has the right to life. And we respect him. Some early works of our comics))) Can you show your own for comparison? Our first deck was based on our comics)))

Wanderer

"TwoPieceFeed"

It's nice talking with you. Leave the address I will send you the decks for free. If you want, throw it in the garbage, you can throw it into the water or check for slipping. At the same time, evaluate the quality of the printer and compare the paper on which our decks are printed and those that you have. We only use Casino Imperial at work.
theCapraAegagrus

Comics? Great!? We also suffered comics in a deep childhood))) So, about exaggeration of the possibilities, this is not for us ... The team is working not only professional artists, but also engineers, technicians, designers. But your opinion has the right to life. And we respect him. Some early works of our comics))) Can you show your own for comparison? Our first deck was based on our comics)))

Is this a dong size competition or something..?
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

Wanderer wrote:"TwoPieceFeed"

It's nice talking with you. Leave the address I will send you the decks for free. If you want, throw it in the garbage, you can throw it into the water or check for slipping. At the same time, evaluate the quality of the printer and compare the paper on which our decks are printed and those that you have. We only use Casino Imperial at work.
I have no interest in receiving this deck. It's hard to wipe your butt with playing cards, but thank you for the offer (joking).
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Wanderer

TwoPieceFeed wrote:

I have no interest in receiving this deck. It's hard to wipe your butt with playing cards, but thank you for the offer (joking).
No, this is not a competition. There are certain psychotypes of man. For example, if a person self-fulfills, he does not try to enter history, illuminates, expresses his opinion. He understands that his opinion will not affect anything. A person simply observes his business. If he does not like something, he does not shout to the whole world, paying attention. If you like it, it does not scream. What's the point? In the East they say: "Do not help, if you are not asked to help, I do not advise, if you do not ask for advice." Very wise people, I want to tell you. So this is not a competition. You said that you drew, I showed the work, I'll show my own. The level of knowledge and skills is determined by your work. Otherwise, there is nothing to talk about. I'm used to communicating with professionals, not with people who are guided by emotions. You do not like the deck, it's great. It's your problems. Most of the decks you showed are not interesting to me. And these are my problems. I did not ask for your opinion and advice, just showed the deck, it's not forbidden by the rules of the forum. You expressed your opinion, for this thank you. I believe that the conversation is meaningless. You have a pretty avatar. Psychologist, can talk a lot about his master))) Joke)))
theCapraAegagrus

Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:

No, this is not a competition. There are certain psychotypes of man. For example, if a person self-fulfills, he does not try to enter history, illuminates, expresses his opinion. He understands that his opinion will not affect anything. A person simply observes his business. If he does not like something, he does not shout to the whole world, paying attention. If you like it, it does not scream. What's the point? In the East they say: "Do not help, if you are not asked to help, I do not advise, if you do not ask for advice." Very wise people, I want to tell you. So this is not a competition. You said that you drew, I showed the work, I'll show my own. The level of knowledge and skills is determined by your work. Otherwise, there is nothing to talk about. I'm used to communicating with professionals, not with people who are guided by emotions. You do not like the deck, it's great. It's your problems. Most of the decks you showed are not interesting to me. And these are my problems. I did not ask for your opinion and advice, just showed the deck, it's not forbidden by the rules of the forum. You expressed your opinion, for this thank you. I believe that the conversation is meaningless. You have a pretty avatar. Psychologist, can talk a lot about his master))) Joke)))
This is highly self-contradicting. You're asking the public to fund a deck of cards that you designed. You are, in fact, asking for our help and our opinions by launching a crowdfunding campaign. If you were like Paul Carpenter and funded it yourself, and then released the deck, some of your quibbles would have merit. You'd be asking for customers and not investors. I'm not asking for your opinion of my past artwork. I couldn't care less whether or not you appreciate my talents.

You don't seem to take any of our criticisms seriously, and that doesn't bid well, considering that most of this community that has been bit by poor fulfillment before (by artwork or product delivery).
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Wanderer

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:

This is highly self-contradicting. You're asking the public to fund a deck of cards that you designed. You are, in fact, asking for our help and our opinions by launching a crowdfunding campaign. If you were like Paul Carpenter and funded it yourself, and then released the deck, some of your quibbles would have merit. You'd be asking for customers and not investors. I'm not asking for your opinion of my past artwork. I couldn't care less whether or not you appreciate my talents.

You don't seem to take any of our criticisms seriously, and that doesn't bid well, considering that most of this community that has been bit by poor fulfillment before (by artwork or product delivery).
I do not understand who told you that we are asking someone to finance something? Our decks are usually prepared before the company starts working in Kickstarter. First you collect information about the company or carefully read the messages. Although my English wants to be better. The decks have already been sent to print, and no one will make any changes. I just exchange information. Someone likes, someone does not. It is the choice of every intelligent being. How can I ask for advice here if you yourself wrote that the forum of professional artists is only one? And designers ... In our country, every third has a design diploma and maybe every second diploma of a lawyer))) This is our education))) If a professional wants to help, he paints everything by paragraphs, explaining the reason for the mistake. He does not create demagoguery and does not even refer to his ambitions. The professional is not guided by his impulses. Only a clear rationale. We use Kickstarter not to raise funds, but to monitor the market. And, probably, your opinion will not be completely understandable to those collectors who previously bought our decks and saw their quality. There are people who supported more than 1000 projects. How many decks do they have in the collection? And why do you speak on behalf of the whole forum? You initially manipulate your opinion, trying to impose it on others ... I would be very uncomfortable if someone had imposed on me his opinion. I hope there are decent people on the forum who have their own opinion.
theCapraAegagrus

Wanderer wrote: I do not understand who told you that we are asking someone to finance something? Our decks are usually prepared before the company starts working in Kickstarter. First you collect information about the company or carefully read the messages. Although my English wants to be better. The decks have already been sent to print, and no one will make any changes. I just exchange information. Someone likes, someone does not. It is the choice of every intelligent being. How can I ask for advice here if you yourself wrote that the forum of professional artists is only one? And designers ... In our country, every third has a design diploma and maybe every second diploma of a lawyer))) This is our education))) If a professional wants to help, he paints everything by paragraphs, explaining the reason for the mistake. He does not create demagoguery and does not even refer to his ambitions. The professional is not guided by his impulses. Only a clear rationale. We use Kickstarter not to raise funds, but to monitor the market. And, probably, your opinion will not be completely understandable to those collectors who previously bought our decks and saw their quality. There are people who supported more than 1000 projects. How many decks do they have in the collection? And why do you speak on behalf of the whole forum? You initially manipulate your opinion, trying to impose it on others ... I would be very uncomfortable if someone had imposed on me his opinion. I hope there are decent people on the forum who have their own opinion.
Post #1: "A new project from the SPCC. A nice gift for collectors of playing cards. At the end of February on Kickstarter. In honor Wild West pioneers.https://youtu.be/xDnvaZQ2mus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Kickstarter is a forum for crowdfunding aka public financing. The backers are your investors, and all potential backers will be your critics.

I don't speak for this entire community. All I said was that it appears the playing card market isn't really demanding for a Wild West theme deck of playing cards, especially since a good one was recently funded. My opinion is mine alone. If a majority of readers disagree then they're 100% free to do so.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Wanderer

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Kickstarter is a forum for crowdfunding aka public financing. The backers are your investors, and all potential backers will be your critics.

I don't speak for this entire community. All I said was that it appears the playing card market isn't really demanding for a Wild West theme deck of playing cards, especially since a good one was recently funded. My opinion is mine alone. If a majority of readers disagree then they're 100% free to do so.
Unfortunately, you know Kitskstarter on the one hand))) Kickstarter is not only a platform for raising funds, many use Kikstarter as a marketing platform to promote the product to the consumer market. For bekers it is important to know that by paying money, they will receive the goods. We can guarantee this, unlike many other creators. Do you know how many supporters write stories about, how they lost money on other projects? Do you know that by collecting 5000-7000 dollars, it is practically the failure of the deck, if you do not have additional financing? The prices for printing in the USPCC and other printers are just cosmic. And the quality is deteriorating. There is no competition. We work with our money and printer, which is not inferior to the known. Two projects came out, and supporters saw the quality of our decks. Now we have nothing to explain, we just work. I do not think the deck you are talking about is good. My opinion is shared by our artists and technologists. The project does not have its own note, it is drawn as many other mediocre projects and looks weak as a graphic solution. I can give examples and comparisons, as before. But he found his supporters, and it pleases. Life does not stand still, it moves on. Just need to open your eyes and look, and not succumb to the herd instinct. Sincerely.
theCapraAegagrus

Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Unfortunately, you know Kitskstarter on the one hand))) Kickstarter is not only a platform for raising funds, many use Kikstarter as a marketing platform to promote the product to the consumer market. For bekers it is important to know that by paying money, they will receive the goods. We can guarantee this, unlike many other creators. Do you know how many supporters write stories about, how they lost money on other projects? Do you know that by collecting 5000-7000 dollars, it is practically the failure of the deck, if you do not have additional financing? The prices for printing in the USPCC and other printers are just cosmic. And the quality is deteriorating. There is no competition. We work with our money and printer, which is not inferior to the known. Two projects came out, and supporters saw the quality of our decks. Now we have nothing to explain, we just work. I do not think the deck you are talking about is good. My opinion is shared by our artists and technologists. The project does not have its own note, it is drawn as many other mediocre projects and looks weak as a graphic solution. I can give examples and comparisons, as before. But he found his supporters, and it pleases. Life does not stand still, it moves on. Just need to open your eyes and look, and not succumb to the herd instinct. Sincerely.
Can anyone corroborate the allegation that SPCC is better than the USPCC or EPCC..?

I'm so surprised that you think your own Wild West design is better than someone else's... :lol:

Start the campaign and let the $$$ do the talking.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Can anyone corroborate the allegation that SPCC is better than the USPCC or EPCC..?

I'm so surprised that you think your own Wild West design is better than someone else's... :lol:

Let's take a chill pill.

Art is somewhat subjective and cannot be compared like this IMO.

Printer quality is also somewhat subjective, there was a discussion around NPCC a while ago I remember. You'll have die hard fans of USPCC, fans of EPCC, LPCC, etc. It's all personal preference.
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
theCapraAegagrus

4.of.Clubs wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote: Let's take a chill pill.

Printer quality is also somewhat subjective, there was a discussion around NPCC a while ago I remember. You'll have die hard fans of USPCC, fans of EPCC, LPCC, etc. It's all personal preference.
..?

I'm just trying to get the designer/producer here to understand the market, as s/he is reluctant to accept feedback. I've already ignored the implications that my opinion is irrelevant since they're unable to see my personal art portfolio.

I also think that the majority of us will agree that there aren't any producers on the level of USPCC, EPCC, or Lotrek. We may all prefer a different stock/finish, etc, but even with how 'not bad' NPCC is I would be very surprised if someone prefers their manufacturing methods.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

Just wanna add that the new cartimundi card stock is amazing as well and deserves a spot on that list. Ravn purple and pike and clover (and the burger deck) are the three I own so far and they are all amazing handling wise.

I’m a big bicycle collector so uspcc will always be my favorite but cartimundi is gunna be keeping them honest I feel.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Ok, so I'm one of the backers from their first successful project "Star Kings". I'm being candid here that it was not the art that drew me into backing it but it was, in principle, supporting another creator considering how tough KS is for new creators with a deluge of playing card decks being launched every now & then. SPCC (or SVI Group as they used to refer earlier) is using the same printer "Deluxe" in Ukraine as is used by NPCC. In fact, SVI initially started their innings on Kickstarter with the same deck as above but was to be printed by NPCC.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sv ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sv ... ng-cards-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coming back to Star Kings deck, it is okay. Handling is underwhelming & Project page mentioned a thick sturdy tuck stock with matte finish but I didn't find it to be true. Casino Imperial hmm.....it is a 300 GSM stock and they never came back on the following question that was asked by Don Boyer to the person operating the account on PCF then.

"their letter on the updates page for Star Kings states that they're printing on "Casino Imperial" paper with a weight of 300 grams per square meter. Bicycle playing cards were that weight before USPC stopped offering paper by weight and switched to using a range of caliper thickness. 300 gsm is not "casino" grade and certainly isn't "imperial" in my book.

And why on God's green Earth would Papierfabrik August Koehler, a German paper company, produce an invoice IN ENGLISH?? German, sure; Russian, perhaps; Ukrainian, sure - but English??? The SVI Group, both on this forum and their own KS account, write like they barely understand English - there's no way they would have REQUESTED invoicing in English from a German paper company. I even looked for their address on Google Maps, posted on the invoice as ""Publishing center LTD," and found not much, aside from the fact that they're using an outdated name for the town (it's now called Chornomorsk) and that it's in Odessa Oblast, Ukraine.
"
The letter in reference to above is here which was shared by them through a Kickstarter update.

@Wanderer - This is a passionate community of Playing Card Collectors, Artists & producers. I've personally seen creators taking the feedback, improving the design & coming back with a vengeance achieving great results on Kickstarter along with making a few friends in this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in the end, and so I wish you best of luck with Wild West.
Wanderer

Who says it's SPCC better? We say that we are competitive and strive to improve the quality of our decks. That's right, we are working on a printer that once used the NPCC, now NPCC is running on another printer. The printer Deluxe was a separate structure accepting orders from all comers. SVI started the first project as a customer. The next project merged the Deluxe Company with SVI and a decision was made to register a new joint venture of the SPCC. With all the outgoing consequences. Modernization of equipment, improvement of the technological process. Our second project was completed very recently and it attracted new fans who had an opportunity to get acquainted with the quality of our decks. Project Wild West is the third and we hope that it will be even better. We have a few more ready-made projects and launch them after the Wild West, after listening to comments and assessments of our backers to improve the deck.
Wanderer

guru wrote:Ok, so I'm one of the backers from their first successful project "Star Kings". I'm being candid here that it was not the art that drew me into backing it but it was, in principle, supporting another creator considering how tough KS is for new creators with a deluge of playing card decks being launched every now & then. SPCC (or SVI Group as they used to refer earlier) is using the same printer "Deluxe" in Ukraine as is used by NPCC. In fact, SVI initially started their innings on Kickstarter with the same deck as above but was to be printed by NPCC.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sv ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sv ... ng-cards-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..

Coming back to Star Kings deck, it is okay. Handling is underwhelming & Project page mentioned a thick sturdy tuck stock with matte finish but I didn't find it to be true. Casino Imperial hmm.....it is a 300 GSM stock and they never came back on the following question that was asked by Don Boyer to the person operating the account on PCF then.

"their letter on the updates page for Star Kings states that they're printing on "Casino Imperial" paper with a weight of 300 grams per square meter. Bicycle playing cards were that weight before USPC stopped offering paper by weight and switched to using a range of caliper thickness. 300 gsm is not "casino" grade and certainly isn't "imperial" in my book.

And why on God's green Earth would Papierfabrik August Koehler, a German paper company, produce an invoice IN ENGLISH?? German, sure; Russian, perhaps; Ukrainian, sure - but English??? The SVI Group, both on this forum and their own KS account, write like they barely understand English - there's no way they would have REQUESTED invoicing in English from a German paper company. I even looked for their address on Google Maps, posted on the invoice as ""Publishing center LTD," and found not much, aside from the fact that they're using an outdated name for the town (it's now called Chornomorsk) and that it's in Odessa Oblast, Ukraine.
"
The letter in reference to above is here which was shared by them through a Kickstarter update.

@Wanderer - This is a passionate community of Playing Card Collectors, Artists & producers. I've personally seen creators taking the feedback, improving the design & coming back with a vengeance achieving great results on Kickstarter along with making a few friends in this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in the end, and so I wish you best of luck with Wild West.

Thanks for the feedback, we are glad that the forum has one member with our decks. I will answer the question of coverage. In the first project, we announced a new lacquer coating. Naturally, the varnish coating can not visually differ from the similar ones, since this will be a mistake in the technology. But! Our cover increased the sliding of the decks into regular frames (the deck angle is not more than 25 degrees). Our decks slip by 15-20 degrees. A deck of the best, to date, manufacturers, glides at 10-15 degrees. But! We continued to pursue the goal of further protecting the decks from moisture. And we demonstrated this advantage in the video by immersing our decks in liquid. For comparison, we plunged into the liquid and the decks of other manufacturers. We downloaded the video of our decks according to the project. We did not give out the video on someone else's decks, because they thought it was wrong for other manufacturers. But you can conduct this experiment yourself. Then about cardboard. Yes, we use Casino Imperial from the European manufacturer, everything is indicated in the invoice. Why do we have to explain something to someone, there are phones, let them call and find out. Moreover, we will not explain who and when from our side receives the material. SPСС is not a company with one person, it is a group of legal entities and private entrepreneurs participating in the production process and the process of product realization. Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day.
Wanderer

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

I am sure about that!

I see for you, the dollars decide everything? No wonder ... Materialism leads to rapid spiritual death. Is it suspicious that you are protecting this deck so much? What are your personal interests? I was told that some people on this forum receive money from companies and individual producers. This is normal. The marketing war. In the East says: "The dog barks, the caravan goes."
Randomly Here

4.of.Clubs wrote:
Let's take a chill pill.

Well said!
A chill pill would be welcome.

I do not understand TwoPieceFeed, the story is that I do not like why blowing a fly to an elephant.
Randomly Here

If someone likes a black Square, he can enjoy it.
It is not necessary that everyone else has the same opinion, there are other people in the society.
If everyone had the same opinion, the world would be like the black square of Malevich.