[ecNate] My transformation/macabre focused collection

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: [ecNate] My transformation/macabre focused collection

Unread post by ecNate »

I suppose if I'm going to 'feature' a deck in my signature I should also do a mini post here too with more details. I was just updating details on P52 only, but may as well add here too. See end of first post in this thread for the full history, but up now is Vanity Fair No 41

This is by far my oldest original deck and one of my most prized. It's a USPCC deck from 1895 and a true transformation deck sold with 53 cards. Like the 1879 transformation deck 'Tiffany Harlequin', which likely prompted USPCC to finally make a true transformation deck (slightly earlier Hustling Joe wasn't a true transformation), it also has comical court figures. It came in a total of 4 variations with gold gilded edges (brown or red backed fanciful demon design) or non-gilded (blue or green asian faces with hats in a snowflake design center with comical masks in the corners).

If one were to look at the Hochman price guide you would see it could be worth up to $500 (often listed for more on ebay). However, mine is not complete (missing a few including the popular joker and aces) and it's got some condition issues, but I paid very little for it comparatively (less than the reproduction I recently picked up in fact) and has the full sliding tuck box intact. Still, as one of my collection specialties is transformation cards so I was so happy to find this deck as an original for less than the cost of reproductions, even though it's got issues. My version also features the brown back, the first image is one from wopc as mine is missing the joker/aces and they are sadly some of the best ones, but I wanted to share the deck and not just my representation.

More details - http://www.wopc.co.uk/usa/uspcc/vanity-fair
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

I finally got the Pipmen uncuts framed and up. These were more of a challenge because the width of them is wider than the frames I got to mount in the same portrait orientation. I didn't like the unbalanced look of just one info photo and none had way too much 'white space', so I just duplicated them on both sides. This also works well for tucking these into corners and being flexible on which is right/left since it's the same on both sides so not seeing the far one isn't a big deal, but it's still balanced.

With the Dorndorf hopefully arriving in the next few weeks and the Deviant Tarot Transformation hopefully available soon I will have to shuffle things around and demote a few. To fill the wall space for now I just mounted the USPCC Joker deck so that will go, but after that things get difficult. Hard choices...
Attachments
2018-01-09 11.19.02.jpg
2018-01-09 11.19.17.jpg
2018-01-09 11.19.43.jpg
lecardcollector
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 40

Re: [ecNate] My transformation/macabre focused collection (w

Unread post by lecardcollector »

Really nice gallery you have! I live in an apartment where I can basically can't modify anything because I'm just renting...
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Awesome. What are your top three transformation decks? I have a few and would love some suggestions. I have the Royal mischief of course. And the Murphy’s varnish and the philibert reprint of memories de Casanova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

TheGentlemanWake wrote:Awesome. What are your top three transformation decks? I have a few and would love some suggestions. I have the Royal mischief of course. And the Murphy’s varnish and the philibert reprint of memories de Casanova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have original Vanity Fair and for being my oldest deck as well, that's a clear top winner. I would say the others are Emmanuel Jose's Curator and now the Royal Mischief Transformation which I just framed the uncut so have both of these as framed uncuts.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

I have been away from cards and the forum since spring, due to work travel. However, glad to see a few nice decks I am interested in and I was able to get 3 more uncuts framed today. That brings it to 13 framed uncuts, plus and older matted USPCC Jokers uncut which got put in storage and re-used the frame. I am so out of room, but picking up 3 more so either I need to get a new job with huge office or move. Otherwise probably have to thin things out a bit.

I've also done custom mat/frame for another dozen or so photos/prints which by now has far exceeded the ROI for the bulk mat material and mat cutter I bought a few years ago.
Motley uncut (Medium).jpg
RMUncut (Large).jpg
2019-09-19 19.21.12 (Large).jpg
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Well we are moving to a smaller house so I have all my framed uncuts sitting in the same spot, figured it was a good time for a video of all of them. I won't have the same amount of display space at the new place, at least not right away. Considering rotating them in/out or moving some to office. Most of my space will be in heated/finished extra garage, but it's not humidity controlled so not ideal place for these. :cry:

Decks are:
Dondorf Hundertjahrkarte (unframed)
Joker (unframed)
Royal Mischief
Pipmen
Pipmen World
Federal Reserve Black
Curator
Sawdust
Clipped Wings
Delicious
Explore
A Motley Pack
Ye Witches Fortune
Vanity Fair
Dondorf Hundertjahrkarte
Hustling Joe
Arcana Dark
Ultimate Deck

joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Amazing. Sadly the need for space is a big consideration when collecting these.
saulriffel
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: STEVE MINTY Z
Decks Owned: 310

Unread post by saulriffel »

Really nice collection, what I like the most is the diversity, your collection looks so colorful and well mixed.
Also, nice uncut sheets, they look amazing in those displays (Personally I would use a blue background, but that's because I don't like red)
att. Saul Riffel Instsgram: baloocards
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Awesome collection & the video. All the best with the move.
Malthus1

Unread post by Malthus1 »

Awesome thread, a wonderful collection - one question: do you also collect semi-transformation decks? If so, can you recommend some favorites?

I have a particular interest in those.