eBay: swiftseller520

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
hikeeba

eBay: swiftseller520

Unread post by hikeeba »

Otherwise known as Stacey Ciarlo.

Bought a bunch of bricks of older smooth Bees. Arrived reeking with mothballs. Seller won't accept return.
eBay decided against me and I'm on round 2 review with PayPal. (Both contend they're "As described" not considering omission an issue.)
I used the analogy that if they arrived covered with the smell of sh*t then that would be okay too?? (Originally used "fecal matter" a couple of weeks ago, but thought I needed to be more direct.)

Brings up the question of how to contest the "No they don't" response. I have offered to ship them to any eBay/PP rep and let them take in the aroma, but no takers so far.

So, if anyone's looking for a whole bunch of decks, guaranteed to keep moths away - they may be available soon.
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Re: eBay: swiftseller520

Unread post by shaitani »

I'm honestly very surprised that you'd lose that decision, but maybe they have a specific policy siding against buyers for smells because of how easy it would be for people to abuse it.

If only there were some way to take a picture of the smell (or at least a representation of it)...

Do you think you can leave out the decks in a place with a lot of ventilation and maybe the smell will weaken over time?
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Two of the decks that were supposed to be sealed arrived opened. Those stank to high heaven. The odor is in the cards. I don't see any way to fix a sealed deck of cards, and even airing the opened decks will be probably result in warping. They were just poorly stored. Worse than coming from a smoke-full home.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I once bought a brick of really cheap knock-off "The Simpsons" playing cards. I figured they would be cheap-ass print jobs (and they were; the registration is so bad it's truly laughable), but holy cow, they stank of cigarettes. The brick box stank of it. And, even though each deck was sealed in plastic, removing the wrapper didn't really help. The smell just got in, somehow.

I haven't thrown them away, yet. I keep them stored in a plastic shopping back, high up on a shelf far away from sensitive noses.

>shudder<
This space intentionally left blank.
shaitani

Having lived around cigarette smokers my whole life... they can't smell it anymore.
It's like when you can't smell your own breath. For us, the smell might make our eyes bleed, for them, it's a "there's no smell, what are you complaining about?".
shaitani

I feel like everyone needs a friend to come over every once in awhile and warn us when our house is starting to smell like something.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

So today both PayPal and eBay said "case closed". Smell is not covered.
So I said - what about the fact that two of the decks were opened? And they said it wasn't in my original complaint. But I stated it was clearly mentioned in my PMs to the seller.
"Too late."
So I have filed with the BBB on eBay. (not sure if it will work here but it was extremely effective with ellusionist - I got shipping refunds and price adjustments through the BBB - they care about their rating, I doubt eBay does.)

I did mention that they have now put me in the position of putting these back up on eBay continuing the Circle of Anger. They don't care.
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

The Better Business Bureau doesn't care about "their ratings" lol. They're there to enforce business ethics, practices and have no problem fining companies that don't follow state & government laws.

Their great for all kinds of situations.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

ellusionist seemingly cares about its rating with the BBB. You can complain to e and they won't do anything, but they will respond once you file with the BBB.
From their site: "BBB cannot issue fines, seek monetary penalty, or shut down a business."
shaitani

As far as I can tell, the BBB does nothing tangible.
Some smaller businesses care about their rating or that little sticker they can put on their site (http://www.ellusionist.com/bbb-approved" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but that's about it.