Beginner collector here, just saying hello

Where are you from and what are your interests?
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Beginner collector here, just saying hello

Unread post by shaitani »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to collecting playing cards.

I've been a part time collector of lots of different things over the years. Tools, knives, posters, coins, cards, pretty much everything.
I recently got into collecting decks because of the crazy explosion of artists working in this area on some amazing looking pieces and I wanted in!

Most of my pieces tend to be "safe-queens" so I don't open maybe 98% of the decks I buy, even the extras I buy convincing myself I'll open and play with for once, I never do. Maybe that speaks to my ocd, but that's my thing. Any time I want to learn some basic cardistry move, I'll usually use a more standard bicycle deck.

Anyway, I'll probably explore the forum in due time, but in the mean time, anything I should know about this place? Popular threads/subforums? Any etiquette besides the basics I should familiarize myself with?
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: Beginner collector here, just saying hello

Unread post by shermjack »

Welcome Shaitani!

Great to have you on board! Best place to start is the New/Custom Deck section and Custom Drafting Board at that is where you will find the latest decks and the ones in development (not all of course, but many artists come here before launching a KS project).

If you are looking for decks, you can always check out the Personal BUY/SELL/TRADE/EBAY/ISO/COOP board...you usually can find some good deals from fellow members

Take your time and look around and don't be afraid to ask questions. Look forward to seeing you on the boards!
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations