Faction Playing Cards, a deck design

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Re: Faction Playing Cards, a deck design

Unread post by shaitani »

I actually prefer the new name(s) much more than the older 'Faction' and definitely more than 'Fanatics'. I like both Royal Lines and Lineage as names.
Next, I don't have a problem with the Jokers as others do, just thought I'd throw out my opinion.
My only comment regarding the tuck is that the front might be a liiittle too fancy for its own good.
That is, the lower part appears a lot fancier than the remainder of the art in the deck but more importantly a lot fancier than the black on white text right in the center of it.

Lastly, just wanted to toss out an idea in case you fancied it: The front could have a white background and a large royal crest made up of all 4 styles associated with the 4 suits, but each style makes up 1 quadrant of the crest. That way if you keep the black on white 'Royal Lines', it can sit above or below the crest and not look out of place.

Anyway love the direction it's going, keep up the good work!
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

shaitani wrote:I actually prefer the new name(s) much more than the older 'Faction' and definitely more than 'Fanatics'. I like both Royal Lines and Lineage as names.

My only comment regarding the tuck is that the front might be a liiittle too fancy for its own good.
That is, the lower part appears a lot fancier than the remainder of the art in the deck but more importantly a lot fancier than the black on white text right in the center of it.

Lastly, just wanted to toss out an idea in case you fancied it: The front could have a white background and a large royal crest made up of all 4 styles associated with the 4 suits, but each style makes up 1 quadrant of the crest. That way if you keep the black on white 'Royal Lines', it can sit above or below the crest and not look out of place.

Anyway love the direction it's going, keep up the good work!
I agree with @shaitani about the tuck. The lower part is very fancy and intricate vs your courts. I like the idea of a shield/crest with the 4 corners representing each suit.
Move on, nothing to see here.
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Royal Lines or Lineage both work as names. Choose one and you can put the name issue to bed.

Still don't like the tuck case. The idea of a crest is good or if you don't want to create more artwork, what about reusing the court card faces in a collage or something?
Gwafio
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 6

Unread post by Gwafio »

It's been a little while since I put anything up on here, In the last few weeks I've been finalizing pricing, shipping, and choosing printer options while putting the last few touches on the design. Here is a preview link to the project while I get it completely ready for going live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... n=b9d42dc4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I intend to launch this project Friday of next week (2/10). Feedback is still welcome, but I believe the design is where I want it to be, at least for the launch. I'll be printing with Legends if we can hit my stretch goal of $6,500, otherwise my basic goal will be with MPC.

Thanks so much for everybody who contributed on this thread! This process has definitely pushed the design forward in my opinion. When the design does get launched please do me one more favor and share it as much as you can. I'll post a thread on the new deck board next week. :D
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

The one thing that sticks out to me almost immediately is the JoH shield, which is quite plain and to be honest, looks a little like a lop-sided pair of breasts...maybe adding a few lines or detail to the shield will help it a bit.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations