Magic Review: Mr. Lifto by Ryan Schlutz and Big Blind Media

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Mr. Lifto by Ryan Schlutz and Big Blind Media

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Mr. Lifto
Creator: Ryan Schlutz
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 22
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 19:06

Type of effect: Levitating card effect

Manufacturer's Write Up: MR LIFTO is a self-working slab of uber visual magic. A card is selected and lost in the deck. A heap of random cards are taken from the deck and piled up on the table. You gently rub your hands together to 'generate some static charge'!

Then you place your hand on top of the stack of cards, and slowly, incredibly as you lift your hand upwards, THE CARDS ARE STUCK TO YOUR HAND!

There is no visible means of support - yet the cards are stuck.
Suddenly the cards drop to the table. All except one. Their selection.
Powerful, visual magic that is super easy to perform.

How accurate is the ad copy? Spot on

What's in the box? DVD, gimmick needed (red or blue bike) and rig​

Key points: Comes with special gimmicks included. Just a grab a deck and you're ready to go! Simple setup that can remain in place all day, waiting for a chance to perform
No I.T. or complex setup Super easy to perform

How are the production values: Good quality DVD from BBM. Filmed at the BBM barn with Liam Montier as the assistant.

Is it well made: All made from Bicycle stock – you get everything you need.

Is it well taught: Eight vignettes that walk you through materials, set up, handling and some extra thoughts. Virtually no skill is needed to pull of this miracle, the gimmicks do all of the work for you. Ryan and Liam are fun to watch together, although Ryan does seem to be “rushing” through the effect quickly, each video segment is only a few minutes long, at one point Ryan drops a card on the ground and at another point, he miscalls Liam’s selection – would have appreciated a s-l-o-w-e-r pace.

Also - at one point Ryan calls the effect, “Levo-Card” so perhaps they changed the name of the effect later?

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Gimmick fits easily into your standard back of cards.

Does it "play big?" Can be played as comedy or mystery – great diversity.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Zero, might play stronger if you can force a card and false shuffle an entire deck – but it’s not needed.

How much arts and crafts are involved? You need an advanced “rig” that has to be done “off camera” and could impede your performance of other effects. But if you started with this effect – you could easily ditch.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, it’s a fun effect.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

___X__ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: I remember doing a crude version of this when I was a teen (although I can’t remember what I used) this is certainly a vast improvement with no visible means of support! Your spectator’s will be amazed!

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92QohSXzOjM
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/