Magic Review: Error 404 by Les French Twins

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Error 404 by Les French Twins

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mSPXSms50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Title: Error 404
Creator: Les French Twins
Publisher:
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 26 minutes

Type of effect: Card transposition.

Manufacturer's Write Up: The French TWINS ARE BACK!!!! The French TWINS are known for creating powerful and innovative magic tricks! Visually transform, one by one, 4 torn pieces into the chosen card -- and then restore it in the spectator's hand! Have this superhero power in your pocket ready to perform ANYTIME and ANYWHERE.

You don't have to do use cards. You can perform this with: predictions, business cards, papers, pictures... you name it!

How accurate is the ad copy? You don’t have to use cards, IF you are willing to build new gimmicks

What's in the box? 4 tiny gimmicks already made (but they need a little distressing) and materials and instructions to make your own.

Key points:

READY TO PERFORM
NO MAGNETS
VERY EASY TO DO
5 second RESET

How are the production values: Opening shot, two guys talking with French accents outside with techno music in the background – very jumbly hard to understand.

Is it well made: Yes it is well made.

Is it well taught: The explanation and performance are shown at the same time. I don’t think between the commercial and the explanations you ever see the full routine from beginning to end for a real audience. Which… that’s how I learn best. So when I don’t ever get a full uncut performance I feel cheated.

Your gimmick will come as 2 cards – the force card AND the miscalled card. To do the effect you will need a new copy of the miscalled card every time.

The twins offer you a few different trick ideas and transposition ideas, but … it all felt faced paced. They either talk too fast, or I listen to slow. A lot of the filming was done outside for good lighting, but the audio quality suffers for it.
There is even one part in the video where the phone rings and the performer runs off camera to answer the phone and they left all that in…. with dead space… the props lying on the floor….

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It’s 4 tiny cards.

Does it "play big?" I suppose the way the trick is presented you can pick how best to present this. Personally, I would not do the “in the spectator’s hands” transpo as I don’t trust spectators – especially with my $30 fragile card prop.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Practically self working, although you will need to know how to force a card and switch out 4 card pieces.

How much arts and crafts are involved? Only a small smidge unless you want to build your own.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) I would do this as street magic – where I could throw my cards on the ground or maybe into a spectator’s stretched out jacket or shirt. Restaurant magic I would be worried about my gaff cards falling in someone’s drink or food.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
___X__ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts It’s highly visual – I think it looks great on camera. I think the challenge is to create an effect that plays THAT good in real life.
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/