False Idols by Joker and the Thief

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
KGthePrince
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Junkanoo Blue Seal

False Idols by Joker and the Thief

Unread post by KGthePrince »

At their best, Joker and the Thief court designs are creative, and unique with a flair that I love (see: Maidens, Pyschonauts, and Wayfarers). Personally, im not a fan of their standard courts which they've featured on their past few projects. When I saw this sneak peak on their IG, I got excited.

This Mezo American inspired art is something I'd back 10/10. Here's to hoping the rest of the deck looks as cool as this card does!
Attachments
IMG_7372.jpeg
IMG_7372.jpeg
"O you who are unaware of what burns and what does not; Love comes suddenly, it cannot be learned" - Abu Sa'id
STLBluesNut

Re: New Joker and Thief Deck Preview

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

in isolation from the rest of the deck design, this court snippet doesn't really tickle my fancy but i am glad to see JT doing custom courts again. i maintain that even custom courts made to look like standard courts just count as standard courts for me. that along with JT having pretty bland, simple tucks and backs recently i have not been purchasing them. lets see if this gets them back on the rails.
KGthePrince

I feel you. Their past few projects havent been for me. Im hoping this one is a return to form
"O you who are unaware of what burns and what does not; Love comes suddenly, it cannot be learned" - Abu Sa'id
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

They never left the fully custom path. Psychonauts release wasn't that long ago imho. Between their fully custom decks they've always sprinkled in less complex projects like recolours or cardistry focused decks.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
KGthePrince

New Joker and the Thief - False Idols

Looks like this deck finally has a name - "False Idols". I'm definitely backing this when it comes out πŸ”₯
Attachments
IMG_7623.jpeg
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: New Joker and the Thief - False Idols

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I'm happy to see James and Pedro going for another fully custom project but these most likely won't be for me. I'm still curios to see the tuck box for these; I can imagine it'll be a great one.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
KGthePrince

Re: New Joker and the Thief - False Idols

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:43 am I'm happy to see James and Pedro going for another fully custom project but these most likely won't be for me. I'm still curios to see the tuck box for these; I can imagine it'll be a great one.
Fair enough. This design style is right up my alley πŸ˜‚ but like you, I'm glad they are working on another fully custom deck. I'm hoping the tuck pops in color the Pyschonauts AOP edition. We'll have to wait and see.