Greetings!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
KGthePrince
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Junkanoo Blue Seal

Greetings!

Unread post by KGthePrince »

My name is Kevin. I'm a collector out in sunny Los Angeles. If you ever pass through, give me a shout!

I got into cards back in 2015 when I used to host 40 person poker tournaments overseas. Like many of you, Bicycle was my gateway point. Well, between 2016 and 2022, my hobby was sidelined, but rest assured, I'm back for good haha.

Some of my favorite modern designers are Stockholm 17, Uusi, Lotrek, Marianne Larsen and Nicolai Aaroe.

I'd love to learn more about antique collecting. If you have knowledge to share, I'm all ears.

✌🏽
"O you who are unaware of what burns and what does not; Love comes suddenly, it cannot be learned" - Abu Sa'id
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Re: Greetings!

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Welcome aboard - looking forward to some of that antique chatter myself ;)
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Those are some mighty fine designers to collect, Kevin.

Whatever you do, don't start paying attention to decks by Montenzi. Or Thirdway Industries. Or Kings Wild Project. Or Randy Butterfield. Or Sunish Chabba. Or Alex Chin, Rick Davidson, the Edgy Brothers, Jody Eklund, Elephant Playing Cards, Emmanuel Jose, Steve Minty, Chris Ovdiyenko, Kirk Slater, RJ Tomlinson....
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome aboard Kevin.

If you like to dabble into antique @Chuqii's and @acetofive's personal collection threads (Show us your cards-subforum) here and @pipnosher's instagram are a must go to place imho.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
KGthePrince

rousselle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:25 am Those are some mighty fine designers to collect, Kevin.

Whatever you do, don't start paying attention to decks by Montenzi. Or Thirdway Industries. Or Kings Wild Project. Or Randy Butterfield. Or Sunish Chabba. Or Alex Chin, Rick Davidson, the Edgy Brothers, Jody Eklund, Elephant Playing Cards, Emmanuel Jose, Steve Minty, Chris Ovdiyenko, Kirk Slater, RJ Tomlinson....
Haha too late 🤣🤣🤣
"O you who are unaware of what burns and what does not; Love comes suddenly, it cannot be learned" - Abu Sa'id
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Hey Kevin; welcome to the insanity!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome aboard. Those are some great designers. You also ought to check out Jocu and Jack Brutus Penny. Jack has a great Kickstarter just about to wrap up, so it would be an easy way to check him out.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
KGthePrince

rousselle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:25 am Those are some mighty fine designers to collect, Kevin.

I definitely own some decks from some of these artists and recently back Legendarium by Montenzi on Kickstarter and it's stunning. Thanks for recommending a few artists I hadn't heard of before :)