King Star Cthulhu V2: The King in Yellow (Hastur)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ZeYang01

King Star Cthulhu V2: The King in Yellow (Hastur)

Unread post by ZeYang01 »

The design has been completed and will be opened in kickstarter soon.
Attachments
IMG_4141.jpeg
IMG_4140.jpeg
IMG_4138.jpeg
IMG_4072.jpeg
IMG_4069.jpeg
Operation of King Star Playing Cards
STLBluesNut

Re: King Star Cthulhu V2

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

based in your avatar and wording i am assuming you are affiliated with kingstar somehow. i have been a fan of many kingstar decks and i appreciate your appearance and time here. Welcome! it is always great to be able to talk to and ask designers questions. Cthulu is less my style but the triptych above looks pretty neat.

if i could make a couple of statements about kingstar in general? on the decks i have purchased, 3 box sets and about 6 singles so far, Kingstar employs a bottom of the tuck seal. i love this for various reasons and hope you guys keep doing this. i also like the decks that have an outer tuck without the flap and you pull out the inner tuck which is a side loading tuck without the flap as well, such as the monkey king box set decks. you guys really nail the inner and outer tuck designs. it appears that the more recent decks have been less likely to use this 2 tuck design and have used the traditional one tuck with flap. i hope we see more inner and outer tuck format in the future.
ZeYang01

STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:27 am based in your avatar and wording i am assuming you are affiliated with kingstar somehow. i have been a fan of many kingstar decks and i appreciate your appearance and time here. Welcome! it is always great to be able to talk to and ask designers questions. Cthulu is less my style but the triptych above looks pretty neat.

if i could make a couple of statements about kingstar in general? on the decks i have purchased, 3 box sets and about 6 singles so far, Kingstar employs a bottom of the tuck seal. i love this for various reasons and hope you guys keep doing this. i also like the decks that have an outer tuck without the flap and you pull out the inner tuck which is a side loading tuck without the flap as well, such as the monkey king box set decks. you guys really nail the inner and outer tuck designs. it appears that the more recent decks have been less likely to use this 2 tuck design and have used the traditional one tuck with flap. i hope we see more inner and outer tuck format in the future.
Thank you,I am King Star operator.Most of our cards use 2 tuck design(Except for hidden light cards).There will be a tuck like Monkey King in Cthulhu V2, but it will be better.which should meet your requirements (my english is not good, these contents are carried out by translation software, I hope you can forgive me if there is any deviation, thank you)
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Kingstar decks are designwise a bit allover the place. Meaning I fail to see consistency throughout the decks itself and have a hard time to understand the theme. This one is no exception. I'd love to hear a bit more about the thoughts behind the designs.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
GandalfPC
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

That was actually what drove me to ask about the V3 of silence - the art has changed but I imagine the story remains the same - wondering what the methodology is for a series and where they expect to go in the future

I don’t mind if they don’t have the same artistic style - I think I even prefer it with King Star decks. I don’t like them all, but the ones I like I really like.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
ZeYang01

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:16 am Kingstar decks are designwise a bit allover the place. Meaning I fail to see consistency throughout the decks itself and have a hard time to understand the theme. This one is no exception. I'd love to hear a bit more about the thoughts behind the designs.
Because of my poor English, it is difficult for me to explain it clearly in English.But all design elements are closely related to patterns.Each work has a corresponding story introduction.These are on our WeChat official account.
ZeYang01

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:16 am Kingstar decks are designwise a bit allover the place. Meaning I fail to see consistency throughout the decks itself and have a hard time to understand the theme. This one is no exception. I'd love to hear a bit more about the thoughts behind the designs.
For example, five decks of cards in “DREAM WORLD ”I noticed that outside China, their stories and real meanings and names were distorted and ignored.But in fact, they have a coherent story background and are the outline of a complete short story.There are many examples like this, because we don't have members who are proficient in English to translate.
Revelation Workshop

Unread post by Revelation Workshop »

too many Cthulhu deck in the market. 😶🌫️
ZeYang01

Revelation Workshop wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:33 am too many Cthulhu deck in the market. 😶🌫️
I believe that lemonKT content and design style will be unique and excellent.More content and ideas will be updated one after another. ;)
ZeYang01

Re: King Star Cthulhu V2:Hastur

Updated some real shots, hope everyone will like it!
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

The King in Yellow Playing Cards, our greatest creation yet. Get excited for the descend of Hastur…

[Kickstarter campaign link]
ZeYang01 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:21 pm Updated some real shots, hope everyone will like it!
Who is the artist? What is the name in Chinese? Thanks! :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
ZeYang01

hsbc wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm
The King in Yellow Playing Cards, our greatest creation yet. Get excited for the descend of Hastur…

[Kickstarter campaign link]
ZeYang01 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:21 pm Updated some real shots, hope everyone will like it!
Who is the artist? What is the name in Chinese? Thanks! :D
artist is LeomonKT.
标准版《无尽终焉》
特典赠品《无尽梦境》
三副装礼盒中的三款:
《昴宿辉光》《翡翠幻喻》《远星之噬》
皮质礼盒 最后的盛宴:《殒殁戏剧》
木质礼盒 迷雾之印:《死寂碑文》
Evilgamer

Re: King Star Cthulhu V2: The King in Yellow (Hastur)

Unread post by Evilgamer »

oh boy this campaign...5? deck variants super underwhelming courts. and the best variant is $96 with a wood box and $32 to ship to the US. (which itself isn't consistent, its $16 to ship the same box as an add-on, you can actually get the box+the base deck for $1 more)

Straight out of the ARK playbook.
balrog326

Unread post by balrog326 »

This has got to be one of the most confusing campaigns I have seen. I tried to see how many variants there were but got completely lost. There's how many box sets? And how many individual deck variants? Def seems like Ark as their campaigns confuse the hell outta me too haha
ZeYang01

balrog326 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:14 am This has got to be one of the most confusing campaigns I have seen. I tried to see how many variants there were but got completely lost. There's how many box sets? And how many individual deck variants? Def seems like Ark as their campaigns confuse the hell outta me too haha
We will explain in detail in the update.Different from ark, our different deck designs are different.It won't be a simple color change.