[Buyer's Guide] Meadowlark Playing Cards

Comprehensive deck lists for selected artists, brands and companies.
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

[Buyer's Guide] Meadowlark Playing Cards

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

About Meadowlark Pharmacy
Meadowlark Pharmacy is a faimly-owned, independent pharmacy located in Hickman, Nebraska, USA. It is run by Jonathon Lamarque, a family man married to a beautiful woman and have two daughters [co-owned by Lindsay Bentley]. The pharmacy first opened it's business in May 2018, and has been providing good services with a cheerful smile for the residents of Hickman. In the summer of 2020, they have moved to a building that provides a drive-thru, a vast parking lot, and more spaces. The Meadowlark Pharmacy seeks to provide a good, healthy life through pharmacy services that are complete, affordable, and dependable. The pharmacy's mascot is a meadowlark bird, known for their small size feathered body with yellow underparts with intricately patterned brown, black, and buff underparts - also, there is the V shape pattern on the breast, main color is black - it turns grey in winter.

Meadowlark Playing Cards
During his workdays in the pharmacy, Jonathon likes to entertain his customers with bits of magic tricks. Starting from it, he likes the world of playing cards, magic, and cardistry. He had a converstation with a few of the celebrated playing card designers (Brendan Hong - The Hive and Dynasty Playing Cards; and Giovanni Meronni - Thirdway Industries Playing Cards), and that what sparks him with creating his own deck of playing cards dedicated for his pharmacy. He reached out to Russel Gray [Avengers, Harry Potter, Star Wars] to create the very first deck series for Meadowlark Playing Cards. The next series employs the works of Elettra Deganello [Pinnochio, Florentia, BOLD]. Ever since then, the series cycle its artist between Russ Gray and Elettra Deganello. Perhaps in the future, he might considers other artists. The series of decks by Meadowlark becomes a huge success, and people love it.

Meadowlark Deck Series
These are the current series made by Meadowlark Playing Cards. Most of the themes are about healthcare in roots of Jonathon's pharmacy business. Series are color coded based on the artists behind them - BLUE by Russell "Russ" Gray / PINK by Elettra Deganello
  • Meadowlark = This is the first initial series for the brand, created as the flagship decks for the pharmacy owned by Jonathon Lamarque in Hickman, Nebraska. The deck features many iconographies of meadowlark birds and medicine pills. The color scheme for the deck is yellow gold, copper brown, and white. It is a two-way back featuring the meadowlark bird. The courts are retro-stylized classic courts holding small bits of items related to the pharmacy.
  • Blue Jay Dentistry = The second series is picking up the world of dentistry. There are a lot of references to the dentalcare and sweets cravings. The back design is a two-way classical back featuring an icon of a teeth with a tootbrush and paste. Also, the bird prominently featured in this deck is a blue jay. The color scheme for the deck is blue, black, and white. Later, there is a secret edition named "Sugar Crave", a deck that acts like a prequel to the series, that talks bout all the savoury sweets - this deck featured the same artworks, yet in the pink and gold color scheme.
  • Pharmacy on Main = Back to the pharmacy time, the series traced the roots of the old times small phamacy stores on Main Street. The decks are made to looked like vintage decks altogether, and they come with fancy metal tin cans. The artworks for the decks are done to looked like wood engravings illustrations. You can notice the pharmacy items of mortal with pestle, the pharmacy symbols, and bottles of medicine. The courts fashioned to looked like phamacists and some are holding phamacy related items.
  • Rx Almanac = Inspired from vintage almanac, the deck series explores the time when pharmacies were not just only sell medicines, but other more items like milk to birdseeds. One of the editions featured a design where the deck is made like a very small version of an almanac - the cards with its tuckbox are the pages, and the deck's book box is the hardbound cover for the pages. The courts (and some of the numbered cards) featured advertisements of vintage products.
  • TBA Space Theme = Vintage Space Adventure Comic - more details to be provided soon. It was teased as a poster freebie for backing the previous project. The artworks are done in style of classic science fiction comics.
Total Decks: 17 (1)

Decks listed with double stars are exclusive and limited editions - hard to find in the aftermarket, but if they do, are highly priced.

Meadowlark Playing Cards
Meadowlark Standard
[*][*] Meadowlark Deluxe
[*][*] Meadowlark Luxury
[*][*] Meadowlark Luxe
Standard and Deluxe Edition cards are printed by USPCC with metallic copper ink. Deluxe Edition cards are gilded with metallic gold foil. Both Standard and Deluxe tuckbox is produced by Clove St. Press, and it has black/copper and white/copper seal respectively. Luxury Edition features cards printed by Cartamandi with yellow gold metallic cold foil, and its tuckbox is produced by Oath Playing Cards with a black/copper seal. Luxe Edition is a mixture of elements between the three editions: Standard Edition tuckbox, Deluxe Edition seal, and Luxury Edition cards.
Blue Jay Playing Cards
Blue Jay Dentistry Silver Frosting
[*][*] Blue Jay Dentistry Silver Frosting GILDED Silver
Blue Jay Dentistry Black Licorice
[*][*] Blue Jay Dentistry Black Licorice GILDED Blue/Pink Gradient
Sugar Crave
[*][*] Sugar Crave GILDED Gold
All cards are printed by Cartamundi on B9 Slimline Finish. Silver Frosting features Pantone Blue ink with metallic silver ink, while Black Licorice features holographic cold foil. Sugar Crave is the secret deck for the series, featuring Pantone Pink ink with metallic gold ink. The GILDED variants will have tuckbox with sneak peek holes to see the gilding without opening the decks. Both Standard and Gilded Editions of Blue Jay Dentistry can be obtained as a set housed in a 4-deck brick box laced with holographic foil - called "The Sweet Tooth Chronicles". Tuckboxes and 4-deck brick box are made with Boschiero and Newton.
Pharmacy on Main Playing Cards
Pharmacy on Main Classic
Pharmacy on Main Premium
[*][*] Pharmacy on Main Phamacist
[*][*] Pharmacy on Main Supreme
[*][*] Pharmacy on Main Supreme GILDED Emerald
All of the cards and tuckboxes (maybe with the tin cans) are produced by Legends Playing Cards. Classic Edition featured antique white background with copper metallic ink - Premium Edition featured vintage green background with copper hot foil. Pharmacist Edition features a different tuckbox design: front side shows the Phamacist as shown in the Joker - back side shows the Ace of Spades illustrations; the cards tucked in it is the Classic Edition cards. Supreme Edition features full green metallic hot foiling - both the non-gilded and gilded decks don't include the tin can.
Rx Almanac Playing Cards
Rx Almanac Volume I
Rx Almanac Volume II
All of the cards (along with the Book Box for Volume II) are produced by Legends Playing Cards. Volume I featured copper metallic ink - Volume II featured teal and gold metallic ink. Tuckboxes made by Boschiero and Newton. Volume II is fashioned to looked like the small version of the almanac: the Book Box is the hardbound cover, the tuckbox is fashioned to the main page of the almanac, the cards are the pages (complete with small details of page numbers that makes every backs of the cards are different and marked). The faces featured a small puzzle construction with connecting artworks.

TBA
Spacelark (???)

Russel "Russ" Gray
Elettra Deganello
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: [Buyer's Guide] Meadowlark Playing Cards

Unread post by hsbc »

(Moved to the Buyer's Guide section - let me know if you need anything else Laito :D )
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
laitostarr777

hsbc wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:51 pm (Moved to the Buyer's Guide section - let me know if you need anything else Laito :D )
Just everytime there is a Buyer’s Guide made in the General section, do help me move them straight here

Pleasure to do these lists
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Don’t forget the prototype decks :)

F60D9FA7-FB2A-4BD6-BBFF-3F9D964950DE.jpeg
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

GandalfPC wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:10 pm Don’t forget the prototype decks :)

Those are the only ones I'm missing, but now that I'm getting the Almanac prototype included as a gift, I may be tempted to seek the prototypes out. They look great together!

If you are unable to get a prototype for the Almanac campaign, I know who I could send mine to :)
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
GandalfPC

kevork wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:16 pm If you are unable to get a prototype for the Almanac campaign, I know who I could send mine to :)
I’ve got one of the Almanac Protos locked up, thanks (had two, but try as I might I couldn’t talk myself into keeping them both - I figured I would let someone else who desired them grab a copy - but as we enter the final hour of the campaign I am seeing one or two still available - so a decent chance I will grab a second copy in the last minute if no one else does…)

Picked up a second in the last few seconds of the campaign :)

laitostarr777

GandalfPC wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:10 pm Don’t forget the prototype decks :)

I don't really count Protos though, as they are Protos - just trial and error. If Protos are counted, then most people might be left with an incomplete collection imo.
GandalfPC

Indeed - they are a niche item - a footnote in history - not part of the standard set.

Swiski66
White Whale: Playing Arts Special Edition

Unread post by Swiski66 »

Where can I pick up the new Rx Pharmacy deck? It just was released so I'm surprised absolutely no online card stores have them for sale!! None on eBay either. So what is going on?? These should be out there in larger supply, not just a handful from Kickstarter funding!!