[SELLER] luxurycollector11

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
onlyonenation95
Collector: Yes
White Whale: IAOCP V1
Decks Owned: 5000

[SELLER] luxurycollector11

Unread post by onlyonenation95 »

hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick post about this seller(luxurycollector11). I made a post looking for V1 and V2 IAOCP he reached out to me and originally sent me pics of both decks he supposedly had they looked good we negotiate back and forth. when we were getting close to a deal I asked for more recent pics and then he said there was a small ding on V1 and sent the pictures. so this ding was not on the original photo he sent me when he reached out but regardless I still wanted it just got it at a better rate then. so we finally agreed on a price I paid he was supposed to ship next day heard nothing all day and no tracking number. I reached out asking if he had been able to do so and nothing. good thing I paid with PayPal G&S or I would have been screwed. so PayPal ended up getting me a refund and I reached out several times after and got no response for luxurycollector11 I see he's active on here still just not replying. so just a heads up for you and everyone when dealing with this guy

thanks,
james001a
Player: Yes
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Re: [SELLER] luxurycollector11

Unread post by james001a »

Thank you. I was just considering a trade with him.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

yes thank you, luxurycollector reached out to me as well !! picture was sent to me of a deck i was interested in, i didnt get around to proceeding and wont now.....
Jykwei

Unread post by Jykwei »

Hi all, do NOT buy/trade/sell with this person. This person is a scammer.

I currently filed a case with PayPal - after talking with someone in another social media, I was able to speak with the person who owns that PayPal account.

The scammer's name is Lim Morgan (or Morgan Lim) with an Oregon address. He pulled a scam on 2 people at the same time. He came to me through UC as luxurycollector11 and sold me a deck. He gave me the OTHER person's PayPal account for me to pay. At the same time he was buying some cards from that other person - the person whose PayPal account I paid - then told that person that I was his friend, and his PayPal wasn't working or something so I would send the money for the cards he was buying. Essentially he found someone (me) to pay for the cards he's getting from the other person, neither I nor the other person knew what was happening until now. There is also little that could be done to go after the scammer.

While I don't deny there are precautions we should all be looking out for, let's just say I feel sorry for people who feel the need to scam people for money and products.
yunzhongjun0912

Unread post by yunzhongjun0912 »

Hi all,He is absolutely a scammer.

I bought one unbroken deck from him, but he shipped it to a non-existence address and blamed on USPS!
Jykwei

Unread post by Jykwei »

yunzhongjun0912 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:32 pm Hi all,He is absolutely a scammer.

I bought one unbroken deck from him, but he shipped it to a non-existence address and blamed on USPS!
Hi, did you pay with PayPal G&S? If you do, chances are you can show proof that the package did not get shipped to your address recorded on PayPal, you will get your money back. The worry is he pulled the same trick as he did on me, which meant you also had a seller getting scammed in the process, who really got screwed.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Thank you all for engaging in this topic. In addition to this topic, another UC member reported one of luxurycollector11's posts with further information. It turns out that luxurycollector11 has also created another account at about the same time (littlekid234). One account posted having an "Unbroken" while another account posted *wanting* an "Unbroken." Yeah, we've seen that scam before.

Both accounts have been banned from UC and the IP address used by both accounts is temporarily blocked. Don't be shocked if they pop up again at some point using another name. Look sharp.
This space intentionally left blank.
Jykwei

Unread post by Jykwei »

Hi all, I will give a (hopefully final) update to the matter I am involved in.

I called PayPal (there is a number to call and the wait is actually pretty short. You just have to wait for the right moment to say 'speak with agent', then someone is available shortly). The person I spoke with was very nice and it didn't sound like an oversea center. I explained the whole situation to him, and he immediately ruled in favor of me based on the simple fact that the seller (who was scammed too) shipped the item to an address different from the my address listed under my PayPal account. I asked what about the seller, and he told me the seller had to call them so they could help him. I informed the seller, and he called PayPal, but they told him no, again, based on the same fact why they refunded me.

I felt bad for the seller and I helped him recover part of the money he lost.

In summary, while trust is a great thing, please do not be overly trusting. If you are a seller, you should always use the payer's address provided by PayPal, even if you trust the buyer - it is for your own protection in case the item is indeed lost (Shipping company's can affirm if the item is shipped to the right address. If it was delivered to the correct address, even if the seller claims it didn't show up, PayPal will rule it's not your fault. Otherwise, you lose.) Always check the buyer/seller's track record. If the person only joins the forum recently and has very few posts, be on high alert - even if you feel that PayPal will protect you - which is in fact why I didn't do my due diligence. Also I didn't know you don't need to provide your real name under the UC forum). Ask for as many pictures as you want for the item(s), as the scammer may not even have the deck he's "selling". Lastly, please don't trust anyone that someone else is going to pay for his/her purchase without verifying. Especially when the payer specifically made a note for an item that didn't match what the seller was selling.

Lastly, I encourage people to file reports against any scammers, like https://www.uspis.gov/report. You may not get your money back, but don't make it easy for the scammers. The address where the item is shipped to, or the person's social media presence, could all potentially lead to finding the person in question and getting him punished.

Stay safe everyone.
onlyonenation95
White Whale: IAOCP V1
Decks Owned: 5000

Unread post by onlyonenation95 »

Hi All,

I'm glad that we were atleast able to get this guy off of here for awhile I will definitely have my eyes peeled more a look out for certain thing they say or want more carefully. hope all goes well for those still working on their cases.
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

You can also report scams on the Federal Trade Commission website, https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg