Hey Everyone!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Cluefan
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 80

Hey Everyone!

Unread post by Cluefan »

Hey guys!

Joined a couple of weeks ago and have been lurking around since. Figured I'd make a formal introduction.

I'm JJ. I'm primarily a board gamer who fell into the rabbit hole of playing cards a month ago when I came across a deck of Federal 52 from King's Wild Project on Instagram. I then found myself browsing through decks for hours upon hours. I was absolutely hooked.

I then sold a bunch of games I wasn't playing and started to have a small collection going. I usually try to get one or two of a standard/players edition of a deck as I play a bunch of card games, then have one limited/gilded edition as a visual for my display case (at least when I get one eventually haha). I currently have a bunch of KWP decks with some Lotrek decks on the way. Still discovering many other designers but so far KWP, Lotrek, Uusi and Stockholm 17 have been standouts for me.

Discoved UC when I was trying to find decks at non eBay prices and so far have been very successful. The Knowledge Base was a big help finding decks from the same designers. Also was entertained by a few of the topics I came across. Looking forward to seeing what else this community has to offer!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Hey Everyone!

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome to UC.

Please browse the forums. The articles by EndersGame on card designers like you mentioned are great as he gives an excellent overview of them and their works. Also there are several good YouTube channels: TheGentlmanWake, The Card Guy, and Magic Orthodoxy are all recommended.

Don’t get overwhelmed at first. Take you time and figure out what you like. Most importantly, have fun.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome at UC.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Hellos and welcome to UC. :)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Welcome to UC, JJ.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Ice_Panda
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

welcome to the rabbit hole!
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Welcome! Yeah agreed with Bradius above. Best advice early on is to pace yourself. Takes some time to figure out your tastes, and you can easily get buried in 100 decks you don't care much for before you figure that out!
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
oddsmaker003
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by oddsmaker003 »

Welcome! It starts by going down a rabbit hole then next thing you know there goes your retirement.
House of Cardistry
White Whale: Virtuoso SS13 launch deck
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by House of Cardistry »

I’m brand new to this also, and am already spending a good bit of money on cards right now. I buy two packs at a time so I can put one sealed pack aside, as it seems like certain packs really have the potential to gain value. I’m not “investing” in playing cards or anything like that but as long as I’m buying, why not buy a spare... you never know.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEg-3EdlW_Y ... sy3zewoqvl

House__Of__Cardistry is now on Instagram.
Cluefan
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by Cluefan »

So I am about seven months into the rabbit hole and I am loving every minute of it. Even though I am rather quiet on these boards, I still managed to chat with a few friendly members. I should probably start being more active on the boards.

As for the collection, well it is definitely growing with no end in sight. After selling more than 75% of my board game collection (and still selling), I had a pretty comfortable deck budget. It's already to the point where I need more space, but I have some plans to turn a room that's not being used into a card themed man cave.

A good chunk of the collection was thanks to Michael (Dentyne) and John (Spectre). I was very lucky around the fall when a spot in the S17 Patreon opened up so I was able to get the most recent package. I then jumped on Lotrek's and TWI's Patreons as well as Jocu's Inner Circle and most of KWP's subscriptions. So many more decks to come via KS, NPCCD/Seasons and the subscriptions. Also will eventually grab a few Steve Minty decks as well as more Uusi an

By the way I'm terrible at posting to message boards so I'm not sure how to rotate the pics haha
Attachments
IMG_20210116_072637110.jpg
IMG_20210117_094614874.jpg
IMG_20210117_094729957.jpg
IMG_20210117_094934798.jpg
IMG_20210117_095041788.jpg
IMG_20210117_095057440.jpg
IMG_20210117_095302950.jpg
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I love the display. It is very well arranged and grouped. There is lots to like here. I hope you enjoy your framed S17 Frame and quartermaster deck. Lots of other goodies I see (too many to name).
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

You pulled all this together in seven months? Wowww.

Welcome to the club, JJ. Looks like you fit right in with the rest of us inmates.
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Super awesome 🤩.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.