Anything and everything playing cards!
rfogle17
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Skateboards V1
Decks Owned: 85

Theory11 Gold Artisans

Unread post by rfogle17 »

Was curious if anyone was able to snag any from their local Targets? Don't know if there is any truth to it but I read somewhere they only released one deck per Target. I have hit two of the four Targets in my area and was lucky enough to find one deck at each one I went to. If anyone has gotten their hands on any what do you think?
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19637/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
STLBluesNut

Re: Theory11 Gold Artisans

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I checked earlier and they just had the old display with 2 decks left. Guy checked, said none in the back to stock. Will probably check back in a couple days.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
rfogle17

Good luck. I'll see if I can snag some from the other two Targets around here tonight. Maybe I'll have a couple extras to share if they have them
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19637/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

I happened to be right next to one tonight so I looked. Only cards in stock were standard Bikes (that 4-pack with blacks that you see everywhere) and non-poker card games like Uno. No custom cards, nothing indicating they might ever have had any.

Was in a rush, possible they were on another display. I looked in the toys, cards were mostly on an end cap.
cardcollector70

Unread post by cardcollector70 »

Frankly, I detest this kind of ploy of making a deck look like rare by selling a few out there, and then making it a further ploy to boost sales by offering it as a "free gift" for huge purchases. I'd rather a deck be completely sold out to become rare, rather than this kind of greedy marketing tactic.

I love the Artisans, but this ...
caniveski
Player: Yes
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

Would this mean the gold monarchs are now retired/exgausted
rfogle17

Outsider wrote:I happened to be right next to one tonight so I looked. Only cards in stock were standard Bikes (that 4-pack with blacks that you see everywhere) and non-poker card games like Uno. No custom cards, nothing indicating they might ever have had any.

Was in a rush, possible they were on another display. I looked in the toys, cards were mostly on an end cap.

at the targets around me the cards are in the toys on an end cap with all the bikes in a setup on the side of the end cap.
rfogle17

cardcollector70 wrote:Frankly, I detest this kind of ploy of making a deck look like rare by selling a few out there, and then making it a further ploy to boost sales by offering it as a "free gift" for huge purchases. I'd rather a deck be completely sold out to become rare, rather than this kind of greedy marketing tactic.

I love the Artisans, but this ...
i dont disagree with how you feel one bit. all i knew is if i wanted any i had to fall prey to the idea. i definitely wasnt up for spending $150 just to get one when i had the chance to get up to 4 for $40
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I guess White and Black Artisan will stay my only Artisans... :?

I would even quit my favorite brands if they came up with such s... .
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thatโ€™s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: ๐”—๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”„๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ซ๐” ๐”ข๐”ฏ by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Ragzzz

Theory11 Gold Artisans

Unread post by Ragzzz »

This is a really crappy thing this year from T11

Theyโ€™ve barely released anything around this time so if youโ€™ve already purchased effects and plenty of cards from them already - youโ€™re effectively blocked from purchasing one of the best decks theyโ€™ve actually had for a while

Regarding the โ€œone per Targetโ€ bs - effectively saying get stuffed to their international custom - I got told on Reddit by one guy he came across multiple GA in the back store room on enquiring

Another redditor also picked up two decks from a single Target

I wonโ€™t be buying anything from T11 until basically they run a BF again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harvonsgard

People are trying to flip these for $100... seems like we'll see some listings in the crack thread. Congrats on getting there T11. Let's me seriously rethink if I'm going to pick up some of the Derren Brown decks, which I intended to do, but I guess I shift these funds towards more honarable brands like e.g. Oath.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thatโ€™s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: ๐”—๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”„๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ซ๐” ๐”ข๐”ฏ by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Ragzzz

Theory11 Gold Artisans

Unread post by Ragzzz »

Harvonsgard wrote:People are trying to flip these for $100... seems like we'll see some listings in the crack thread. Congrats on getting there T11. Let's me seriously rethink if I'm going to pick up some of the Derren Brown decks, which I intended to do, but I guess I shift these funds towards more honarable brands like e.g. Oath.
I threw my money towards Lotreks Chronos Players.

First time Iโ€™ve been able to buy something from his site I really wanted without selling out

I wasnโ€™t gonna spend $150 on JUST purple Monarchs and DB decks

Also - sorry mods about the swearing. T11 just really annoyed me doing what they did

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Ragzzz wrote:Also - sorry mods about the swearing. T11 just really annoyed me doing what they did
Just as an aside: We're not very averse to swearing, we just have a filter in place to mitigate the occasional french-filled rant. But the community here is generally quite mature, so the odd shite and feck here and there happens just like in normal conversation and doesn't seem to bother anyone.

I also think fondly of the time the autofilter substituted most of the bad words with "smurf". Good times :D
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Stopped by my local smurfing Target on the smurfing way home. Turns out they don't even smurfing carry ANY T11 decks any more! (Should have checked that first, I guess.)
(Brickseek doesn't have any smurfing T11 products within 35 smurfing miles.....)

These will go the same way as the Gold Monarchs - available as incentives, then into the "Archive" with the 5th and Laurel, Midnight NOCs, Gold Rarebits and Tavern on the Greens.....

Just smurfin' sad.....
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

Ran an errand this morning and it was next to Target, so I popped in. They had about 20 T11 decks, but no Artisans. I asked one of the stock checker guys to see if any T11 decks were in the back or due to come in. He was mostly clueless but said it didnt look like it. Oh well. That is as much effort as I am going to spend on it.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

caniveski wrote:Would this mean the gold monarchs are now retired/exgausted

So this deck is Metalluxe? Maybe that's why it's sought after. I see Artisans in Walgreens all the time. I'll start my Target hunt tomorrow.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Harvonsgard

Bikefanatic wrote:
caniveski wrote:Would this mean the gold monarchs are now retired/exgausted

So this deck is Metalluxe? Maybe that's why it's sought after. I see Artisans in Walgreens all the time. I'll start my Target hunt tomorrow.
From what I've seen, yah, MetalLuxe. The reason it is sought after though, is the typical oh, it is rare-craze.

Harvonsgard

By the way, does anyone know if TXI still gives them away for higher then $150 orders? Or was this solely limited to BF?

mthrush

Re: Theory11 Gold Artisans (wap)

Unread post by mthrush »

I've been looking at all local area targets, nothing. Only one of them showed 6 on hand, but then in the store none to be found. I think the real tricky issue is that target just receives a brick of random decks whenever they need more. You can see this because they will have like one artisan, one green Victorian and then like 30 blue monarchs. Kind of a mess really. Would be curious if your other t11 outlets will eventually get them (Barnes nobles, wall greens). I did find one of the newer Voyager decks at B&N the other day.
Collection: Portfolio52
Harvonsgard

Re: Theory11 Gold Artisans (wap)

mthrush wrote:Would be curious if your other t11 outlets will eventually get them (Barnes nobles, wall greens). I did find one of the newer Voyager decks at B&N the other day.
For now definetly only Targets but Red Victorians were Target exclusive for a while as well and now somebody saw them at Walgreens.

Pablo393

Fun story for today. There are three targets within 30 minutes of my house. The next closest one is over an hour. I have hit the one closest to me several times. Lots of T11 decks, but no golden ticket. Today I had a doctor's appt near the other Target. It was out of my way but I took a chance. On the way, a family with a sign walked by the car at a stop light and I felt bad for them, being Christmas and all, so I gave them all of my cash, which was only $5, as I never carry cash. I go to Target, find the T11 display. There are 30 decks. I rifle through all of them. Black Artisans, White Artisans, all the others. Then at the very back back, I find the Gold Artisan. Now I know it would have been there whether or not I was charitable to that family, but I like a good karma story as much as the next person.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Pablo393 wrote:Fun story for today. There are three targets within 30 minutes of my house. The next closest one is over an hour. I have hit the one closest to me several times. Lots of T11 decks, but no golden ticket. Today I had a doctor's appt near the other Target. It was out of my way but I took a chance. On the way, a family with a sign walked by the car at a stop light and I felt bad for them, being Christmas and all, so I gave them all of my cash, which was only $5, as I never carry cash. I go to Target, find the T11 display. There are 30 decks. I rifle through all of them. Black Artisans, White Artisans, all the others. Then at the very back back, I find the Gold Artisan. Now I know it would have been there whether or not I was charitable to that family, but I like a good karma story as much as the next person.
All-around noice.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Rรคpylรคtassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestรค sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
โ™ฅ โ™ฆ Portfolio 52 Pro โ™ฃ โ™ 
rfogle17

So I think the Target well has run dry here in Bakersfield. Of the 4 locally I was able to grab a deck from 3 of them. That forth one eludes me....
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

rfogle17 wrote:So I think the Target well has run dry here in Bakersfield. Of the 4 locally I was able to grab a deck from 3 of them. That forth one eludes me....
I've been to 4 targets here multiple times and they have not even restocked at all. The one target has only had one t11 deck, and it is opened, for about 3 weeks now. Just checked it again tonight while I was out.

On a chase item like this, in any forum, sounding semi like complaining that you have only found 3 is not a great look. Benefit of the doubt is that you didn't mean it that way, but, at least to me, it kind of reads that way.

Harvonsgard

STLBluesNut wrote:On a chase item like this, in any forum, sounding semi like complaining that you have only found 3 is not a great look.
Maybe it is because I'm not a native English speaker, but I don't see it in any form meant as complaining or bragging. Written text is always pretty interpretable without all the other communication (like tone or facial expression) missing.

rfogle17

STLBluesNut wrote:
rfogle17 wrote:So I think the Target well has run dry here in Bakersfield. Of the 4 locally I was able to grab a deck from 3 of them. That forth one eludes me....
I've been to 4 targets here multiple times and they have not even restocked at all. The one target has only had one t11 deck, and it is opened, for about 3 weeks now. Just checked it again tonight while I was out.

On a chase item like this, in any forum, sounding semi like complaining that you have only found 3 is not a great look. Benefit of the doubt is that you didn't mean it that way, but, at least to me, it kind of reads that way.

Wasn't complaining at all actually. I've actually offered to share my luck (free of chagre to boot) with someone out of the country who doesn't have the option to check Targets. Can forward messages if that helps. Also that offer is still extended because he had another option to snag one. I understand it may have read bad but in no way shape or form am I ungrateful for my finds. More so the opposite. Sorry you took it that way. That's not my person at all.
Harvonsgard

Wait a sec... Does it mean you're willing to part with one for a somewhat reasonable price?

rfogle17

Harvonsgard wrote:Wait a sec... Does it mean you're willing to part with one for a somewhat reasonable price?
Sent you a pm
Ragzzz

Unread post by Ragzzz »

According to a few posts on Reddit - one poster has come across 3 GA in one Target...

He thinks Target likely purchased a few thousand for their stores but has been distributing to mainly the stores likely to sell the deck as opposed to their lower turnover stores

Pablo393

The prices are getting cheaper and cheaper on ebay now that there are so many listed as people are finding them in stores. What I don't understand is why someone just bought a deck for $100 today when there are many many decks out there for under $50. I do not understand that kind of mentality.