Duplicate Decks

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

robcan0630
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Duplicate Decks

Unread post by robcan0630 »

To any P52 contributors, how often do you find you are marking newly added decks as a duplicate?

I'm contemplating writing a migration script that will automatically replace the duplicate deck with the correct deck for anyone that has the duplicate deck in their Collection, Tradelist, or Wishlist. Automating this process will be difficult, but depending on the frequency this happens, I can manually run the script every so often until something more automated could be completed / integrated.

It looks like when a duplicate is flagged, the person is adding a note to the duplicate deck to indicate which deck should replace it. Is this correct?

It looks like the following deck was flagged as a duplicate, but the link entered in the notes is the link for the duplicate deck itself: https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/8437/view

Do you think this would be helpful / worthwhile? I was thinking it would allow the decks to be purged faster and it would keep everyone's lists more consistent if people don't have to manually update this. Please let me know your thoughts.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Duplicate Decks

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Sounds like a worthy effort to me; if duplicates come across very often. I don‘t see them often though, so it depends on how much effort it takes for you.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

I have quite a few duplicates in my collection and it has been bugging me senseless.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I have no idea how to mark a deck as a duplicate on P52 so here I am :D There are two copies of the Polka Dotted Back to School:

https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/8621/view
https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/8632/view
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J