Lux Runa Metal playing cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Lux Runa Metal playing cards

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Here's an interesting one. Playing cards made of metal. 2 different types: Aluminium and Stainless steel. Great for card throwing (but not at people, not with these!) USD42 for Aluminium and USD63 for Steel.

Only other metal decks I'm aware of were made by Home Run Games. (Check them out at their website and sign up if you're interested. They have great Black Friday sales) Not as nice compared to the HR decks though, but not bad for the price, as you're paying a whole lot less.

Attachments
cards.jpg
cards.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 544 times
courts and aces.jpg
courts and aces.jpg (25.24 KiB) Viewed 544 times
backs and aces.jpg
backs and aces.jpg (39.09 KiB) Viewed 544 times
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Re: Lux Runa Metal playing cards

Unread post by BaconWise »

These caught my eye right away but lost me in the lack of details. We don't get to see the card backs except for an illustration. The pictures are incredibly dark so detail is lost - they should be high quality and show off the detail! Also, I'm confused about the court card/faces illustration. We see KQJ of hearts then the other suits show one large pip in the middle. Artwork TBD? If so, there should be a caption saying so.
The design still looks great but the main issue that kept me from backing is that they have not secured a manufacturer. The campaigns I have backed in the past that had delays usually boiled down to manufacturing surprises that seemed avoidable had the creator coordinated before launching the campaign. Now, I have never launched a campaign myself, so I know it's not that easy but it's still a big red flag for me.
I will watch for more details but it will take more to get me to back. Thanks for sharing this launch!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Metal cards have been done before. These aren't special.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

TwoPiece wrote:Metal cards have been done before. These aren't special.
I did mention as much. But I'm curious to know which other metal decks were made besides those by HRG? Only factor here would be the $ though. Any of those in this price range?
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Eric Lee wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:Metal cards have been done before. These aren't special.
I did mention as much. But I'm curious to know which other metal decks were made besides those by HRG? Only factor here would be the $ though. Any of those in this price range?
HomeRunGames? Yeah, "Jeff" on Kickstarter has made many. His EB prices, and the deck designs, are infinitely better than this whoop-diddy-scoop poop.

Edit: Nevermind. "Jeff" does his with HRG. Lol.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

I have one of Jeff's decks, it's fantastic, though to be fair I don't think you can use those cards as makeshift throwing knives lol. I've eaten a cake before too, that doesn't mean the next one I eat won't be special or I should never eat one again. This whole campaign sets off my alarm bells though, I wouldn't put my money into it even if the designs were better, and I'll be surprised if anyone actually receives a deck.
Jocu
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Jocu »

Regarding these, do none of the backers find it the least big concerning that the first-time creator has yet to announce finding a supplier to even make his cards (his ‘risks and challenges section merely states that he’s looking for one) and he has a delivery estimate of April?

How is this so funded with so little information? How did he even price the cards without a supplier?

Apart from the ethical point that KS should not be allowing this campaign to continue, I almost feel like backers are going to have no one to blame but themselves here when it all goes wrong...
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Jocu wrote:Regarding these, do none of the backers find it the least big concerning that the first-time creator has yet to announce finding a supplier to even make his cards (his ‘risks and challenges section merely states that he’s looking for one) and he has a delivery estimate of April?

How is this so funded with so little information? How did he even price the cards without a supplier?

Apart from the ethical point that KS should not be allowing this campaign to continue, I almost feel like backers are going to have no one to blame but themselves here when it all goes wrong...
#1 Reason I am not backing the project. IF the project delivers, I am guessing it will be late fall due to delays and it will be another month until a supplier is even found. I don't want that kind of headache. Maybe that's not fair, but I don't see this going well...
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards