POST-1,000 HOCKEY THREAD

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
theCapraAegagrus

Re: POST-1,000 HOCKEY THREAD

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Oliwer Kaski signing became official yesterday. Not sure how he fits into the organization.

Bowey, Cholowski, Daley, DeKeyser, Ericsson, Green, Hronek, and Kronwall are all in the mix already, but:

- I wouldn't be surprised to see Cholowski start 2019-20 in the AHL.
- Daley and Ericsson could both/either be buyout targets.
- Kronwall would need to sign new contract since his expired.

Now, Kaski's contract is only for 1 year, so do they plan on playing him in the AHL to see if he can properly adjust to NA first? Personally, I'd like to see both Daley and Ericsson bought out, and begin the season here:

DeKeyser - Hronek
Kronwall - Green
Cholowski - Bowey
Kaski

Fairly youthful, but they're all NHL-caliber players IMO.

Hicketts and Sulak can compete with Kaski for the 7th defenseman position and rotate with Kronwall.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

CALLING GLORIAAAAAAAAAAA
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

They did it! They did it! My Blues won won the Stanley f#$king Cup!

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Congrats, Blues fans! Well done!

The Sabres still haven't taken home the cup (although, they did make it to the finals twice), so hopefully they won't be too far behind....
This space intentionally left blank.
theCapraAegagrus

I called it. Blues in 7.

I also called the Conn Smythe winner. I was afraid they'd consider Binnington for it, and IMO he didn't really earn much consideration, though he was absolutely on fire last night. Pietrangelo was definitely a runner-up for it.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Went to the parade today! It was crazy! So many people. This is just a very small portion of the route and there were tons of people at the Arch grounds for the ceremony as well. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Wow. Lots of folks. It is like you all won a cricket or something.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
theCapraAegagrus

Bradius wrote:Wow. Lots of folks. It is like you all won a cricket or something.
Who the f&*k cares about cricket!?
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

TwoPiece wrote:Who the f&*k cares about cricket!?
Mostly Aussies, Indians and Brits. But I heard it is just an excuse to get hammered for days.
Some like with Baseball in America, you have a long boring game only to get s**t-faced.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
theCapraAegagrus

shiroo56 wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:Who the f&*k cares about cricket!?
Mostly Aussies, Indians and Brits. But I heard it is just an excuse to get hammered for days.
Some like with Baseball in America, you have a long boring game only to get s**t-faced.
You got that right.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

TwoPiece wrote:
Bradius wrote:Wow. Lots of folks. It is like you all won a cricket or something.
Who the f&*k cares about cricket!?
I am not a fan of cricket but population-wise, you have more people playing cricket than baseball or ice hockey.
Räpylätassu

PHIL KESSEL HAS BEEN TRADED, I REPEAT THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ARE SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT.

To Arizona. Let's see what they get in return.

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:PHIL KESSEL HAS BEEN TRADED, I REPEAT THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ARE SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT.

To Arizona. Let's see what they get in return.
Pittsburgh won that trade.

They received a 2nd line center/Top-6 winger and a good D prospect. While Kessel is still elite, and durable, he's a fit for a contender. Not a team in perpetual limbo... And the "prospect" Arizona received is literally worthless...
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

Apparently Kekalainen offered Panarin an 8-year, $100 million contract, late last evening prior to their 8-year offer window ended. Turning down that contract means that he really wants to win a Cup.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

Yzerman traded our 2020 4th Round Pick for Adam Erne. Aside from just being a good trade, it gives us the opportunity to play Bert and Erne together...
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

:lol:
This space intentionally left blank.
Räpylätassu

Hey me and my brother + his friends have an annual ESPN fantasy hockey league. We are currently looking for more players, we might have 2 or 3 opening slots in our league for the upcoming season. Is anyone interested?

We have a draft at some point before the season starts, each team drafts at least 9 F, 6 D, 2-3 G and 6 extra (5 extra if you draft 3 goalies). You can drop players anytime and take replacements from the Free agents after the draft, only certain ammount of substitutes each week however. You can also trade your players with other teams. The system in the season is as follows:
Head to head games that each last one week. Point system is also in head to head points categories, which are Goals, Assists, +/-, Hits, Shots, Blocks, Points by Defenceman, Special Team Points, Penalty Minutes and SV %, GAA and Wins (For the goalies)

The fantasy leagues regular season ends slightly before the real life regular season. After that we play the playoffs until one team is crowned champion, playoffs end when the NHL's regular season ends.

If you are interested, let me know! ONLY FOR THE SERIOUS PLAYERS THAT ARE WILLING TO PLAY FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:Hey me and my brother + his friends have an annual ESPN fantasy hockey league. We are currently looking for more players, we might have 2 or 3 opening slots in our league for the upcoming season. Is anyone interested?

We have a draft at some point before the season starts, each team drafts at least 9 F, 6 D, 2-3 G and 6 extra (5 extra if you draft 3 goalies). You can drop players anytime and take replacements from the Free agents after the draft, only certain ammount of substitutes each week however. You can also trade your players with other teams. The system in the season is as follows:
Head to head games that each last one week. Point system is also in head to head points categories, which are Goals, Assists, +/-, Hits, Shots, Blocks, Points by Defenceman, Special Team Points, Penalty Minutes and SV %, GAA and Wins (For the goalies)

The fantasy leagues regular season ends slightly before the real life regular season. After that we play the playoffs until one team is crowned champion, playoffs end when the NHL's regular season ends.

If you are interested, let me know! ONLY FOR THE SERIOUS PLAYERS THAT ARE WILLING TO PLAY FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
Last time I played fantasy hockey, I had Datsyuk and Franzen, who missed a combined 80 games due to injury that season. :lol:

I also drafted Lidstrom, Rafalski, Chara, and Weber, thinking that real-life defense won. :lol:
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:Hey me and my brother + his friends have an annual ESPN fantasy hockey league. We are currently looking for more players, we might have 2 or 3 opening slots in our league for the upcoming season. Is anyone interested?

How do you like my fantasy team name? :lol:

I was gonna name them "You Won't, No Balls" but that's my EASHL club. Didn't feel like overlapping the two.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Räpylätassu

My fantasy hockey season is... not great so far. I honestly think that I might finish last.

DAMN!

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:My fantasy hockey season is... not great so far. I honestly think that I might finish last.

DAMN!
I'm 2-0. :D

I feel good about this week's match-up, too. IMO his defense is very weak. He does have 3 goalies, though.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

I'm getting my s&*t pushed in so far this week...
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Räpylätassu

I will NEVER AGAIN draft a goalie from the Florida Panthers. Go tuck yourself Bobrovsky!

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:I will NEVER AGAIN draft a goalie from the Florida Panthers. Go tuck yourself Bobrovsky!
I dropped Howard for Samsonov lol.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

How's 6th place treating you, Roope? :D

I don't understand why you either win all 3 goalie categories - or lose all 3 - in EPSN-F. Why do I lose in GAA/SV% if my goalies' numbers are both better?
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Räpylätassu

theCapraAegagrus wrote: I don't understand why you either win all 3 goalie categories - or lose all 3 - in EPSN-F. Why do I lose in GAA/SV% if my goalies' numbers are both better?
You need to have certain amount of games played each week by goalies to qualify for the GAA and SV%. Otherwise if a team happend to have a shotout by a one goalie on the first day, the owner could just bench the goalies for the remaining week as he would have a confirmed win in two categories.

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:
theCapraAegagrus wrote: I don't understand why you either win all 3 goalie categories - or lose all 3 - in EPSN-F. Why do I lose in GAA/SV% if my goalies' numbers are both better?
You need to have certain amount of games played each week by goalies to qualify for the GAA and SV%. Otherwise if a team happend to have a shotout by a one goalie on the first day, the owner could just bench the goalies for the remaining week as he would have a confirmed win in two categories.
That's gay. :evil:
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

I'm not sold on Quinton Byfield.

If DET doesn't win the #PrayForLafreniere lottery - I'm hoping they get Lucas Raymond.

How did Kaliyev drop to the 2nd round again!?
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Räpylätassu

Hey 2P!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Räpylätassu wrote:Hey 2P!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I got royally f^&*ed by injuries and MAF being on personal leave. Not enough goalie starts. :evil:

Stamkos, Mantha, RNH, Drouin, and Dahlin were all on IR with only 1 IR replacement slot. F^&*ing brutal.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠