DEFECT - Logged Out When Adding New Deck

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Merlebird
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

DEFECT - Logged Out When Adding New Deck

Unread post by Merlebird »

I have the first edition of Korchma Taras Bulba and I've tried adding it at least four times tonight. I plug in the information I have and hit "Create," and it thinks for a minute, then dumps me back out to the login screen.

If these submissions are actually going through before they log me out, then my apologies to whoever has to delete three+ duplicate deck entries.

ADMIN EDIT - This is a valid defect and with the help of a Portfolio 52 user we were able to confirm one situation this bug appears - When a general user or Contributor attempts to create a deck and selects deck image(s) over 2mb this should result in an error. However, it currently allows Admin accounts to still upload and for general user and Contributor will log them out. This will be added as a defect for high consideration for a fix in a future update. Until then, if you run into this issue check your image size and reduce the file size.
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Logged Out When Adding New Deck?

Unread post by Bradius »

When I add a deck, it doesnt add the new deck for everyone (top row), but it will show up that I added that deck of cards (bottom row). I can see it in my brief card summary, but not when I look at each of my cards in my collection. The moderators (Alex) first has to accept the new deck before all that happens.
Spectre
Decks Owned: 3000

Unread post by Spectre »

Merlebird, I don't see the deck your trying to add, so no worries there about having to delete multiple submissions. On the other hand, I don't know why it's logging you out when you try to add a new deck.

Bradius, have you recently added some decks? I'm not seeing them either unless one of the other mods already accepted them...
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Spectre, mine have all been added. None are awaiting approval right now. Thanks for asking.
Merlebird

What's puzzling me is I've added multiple decks at this point without encountering this problem. Previously my experience has been exactly as Bradius describes - hit "Create," get sent to the new deck's full info page, click "Add to Collection," and it'll show up in my collection preview and on the main page under "Recently Collected."

I got too frustrated tonight but tomorrow I'll try with another deck and see if I encounter the same issue. I don't think I'm typing anything weird into the form that it would have a problem handling but one never knows, I suppose.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I just went in with my test account (general user) and was able to create a new deck for approval. It was created ok and with my other account I was able to see it.

I would look to browser settings or something. Maybe try another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc) and just see if that works OK. If not, respond with OS and browser (with versions) of what you tried and failed. Just do a test one while experimenting and we can delete it.
Merlebird

The weird thing is that it doesn't happen with every deck I try to add. I was able to add three the other day without issue, in between failed add attempts for two other decks (one of them this one again, the other a hanafuda deck not currently on P52 in any edition).

I'm thinking it's either something about the specific images or something I'm putting in the text fields for these decks, but again, I don't think there's anything special about any of it. I took all the pictures the same way, and I'm not plugging in any weird characters for these particular submissions. It's very strange.
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

Are you putting anything in for Production Run? If non-numeric, it will cause an error. It can't handle "n/a" or "unlimited".
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Yeah, this. Or something similar is probably the issue here. Do a screen cap of whatever is failing and provide a filename and attach the image of images if you get the error again and suggestion by flyers isn't it.

flyers3003 wrote:Are you putting anything in for Production Run? If non-numeric, it will cause an error. It can't handle "n/a" or "unlimited".
Merlebird

flyers3003 wrote:Are you putting anything in for Production Run? If non-numeric, it will cause an error. It can't handle "n/a" or "unlimited".
I was aware of that issue since I'd seen it mentioned in some other thread, so it isn't that specifically; I'm not putting anything non-numeric in that field. (The Korchma Taras Bulba I left blank and the hanafuda deck I put in 100 since that's what's on the tuck.)

Next time I try to add something and it boots me I'll screencap it and PM you or post it here, whichever you prefer.
Merlebird

Booted while trying to add one of these again, so I took a screencap of the entry form as I've been trying to submit it:
BOM-ts.png
The images being used for the front and back of the deck are as linked.
flyers3003

Hmmm...not sure what is kicking you out. I just added the deck to P52 with the images you supplied and selected/typed in the same values as your screencap. I don't mind adding decks for you if you supply the info, but I'm sure you'd rather be able to add them yourself.
Merlebird

I just finished successfully adding another deck and when I got out to the home page I saw this one had been added as well. :D Thanks for your help!

It is strange that it worked for you, but not for me... Flyers, what browser/OS are you using? I'm running Chrome version 65.0.3325.181 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

Like I said, it's not every deck I try to add, but it does happen every time I try to add particular decks - which makes it frustrating since I don't know which decks aren't going to work until I've already typed everything in. :? Hopefully ecNate is able to puzzle out a real fix, but until then I'll try to start keeping a record of which decks log me out and taking screencaps of the entry forms.
flyers3003

Chrome 66.0.3359.181 on Windows 10 Home
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

With the help of a Portfolio 52 user we were able to confirm one situation this bug appears - When a general user or Contributor attempts to create a deck and selects deck image(s) over 2mb this should result in an error. However, it currently allows Admin accounts to still upload and for general user and Contributor will log them out. This will be added as a defect for high consideration for a fix in a future update. Until then, if you run into this issue check your image size and reduce the file size.
HenryInolo

DEFECT Logged Out When Adding New Deck

Unread post by HenryInolo »

when Ive left the room for awhile and returned or have been inactive for a length of time.

How long am I logged-in for and is there anyway to change that?
https://rc-softtech.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: DEFECT - Logged Out When Adding New Deck

Unread post by kevork »

It looks like this is still a bug. Uploaded an image at 6.5 MB and it logged me out rather than throw an error flag.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks