P52 Debut Deck 'Odd Fellows' by Stockholm 17

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: P52 Debut Deck 'Odd Fellows' by Stockholm 17

Unread post by hsbc »

From Lorenzo on KS, shiny Jakko is shiny

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

A mighty mini for sure
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Cardamon

Unread post by Cardamon »

I didn’t manage to get a queens package and kings was to rich for my blood so I missed out on the plague doctor. Damn shame I wanted the full set :|
At least I’ll get the spider now that I’m in his patreon.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

I wish Lorenzo would do a standard print run of this deck…I think I like it the most of all the Odd Fellows decks
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I am going to prefer to keep this among Patrons. There are lots of other versions for non-patrons....
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Just found out that Odd Fellows Patronium / Dr. Crow is also UV reactive :uggrin:

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

hsbc wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:46 pm Just found out that Odd Fellows Patronium / Dr. Crow is also UV reactive :uggrin:

[...]
Can we be sure that it's not actually just radioactive? Because that would fit with the plague doctor aesthetic I feel. :D
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Oh how much I wanted that Patroneum Plague Doctor Odd Fellows, but it is only for Patreon pledgers. Oh well, such is life
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
balrog326

Unread post by balrog326 »

Someone on here has one for sale but for 320 Euros.
Cardamon

Unread post by Cardamon »

That’s a tad high for my liking 🤷🏼‍♂️
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

It might seem high, but the set of three Patron decks which is Odd Fellows Patronium (x/300), Notorious Gambling Frog Gilded (x/500) and Eye of the Ocean Intrepid (x/333) with the custom wood box recently sold on ebay for £800 which is around $1090.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Seeing the prices Quartermaster fetched, I was surprised to see someone letting a more limited/exclusive deck with more features (die-cut) go for that low honestly.
Not even considering that inflation is currently pretty high in Europe and the US.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
EvilDuncan
White Whale: Heretic Gran Riserva S + Sb
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by EvilDuncan »

I was actually a little surprised to see how much people loved the Quartermaster deck. Don't get me wrong, it's a great deck, but the other versions for the KS seemed more interesting to me. Same thing for Jackson's recent Legal Tender deck. I found it weird just how much attention it got for being basically another Fed 52 deck with holo foil. (Again, great deck, not bashing)
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

The Quartermaster deck was really a fairly large Prototype release. It was a low issue for Lorenzo with only 300 made. On the down side, it was a prototype print run, so the quality wasn't that great. It was nice in that it was available much earlier than the Kickstarter decks. Heck, even the Intrepid is out there before the Kickstarter decks. What I ilke about the Intrepid deck now that I have finally opened one is that I get a much better idea of how the look and feel will be for the soon to be released Kickstarter Eye of the Ocean decks. I am sure glad I went ahead and upgraded all my decks to gilded.

The popularity of Lorenzo's stuff just seems to just keep growing over time, which puts a lot of price pressure on the low issue items and older decks. We will not even mention the really tow special versions that might as well be made with unobtainium (I can't believe that they actually used that name in Avatar). I think any of those three Patron decks will be fairly pricy.

In looking at the rarity numbers, the Odd Fellows Patronium deck is quite a bit rarer at 300 decks as opposed the the tough to get El Sapo deck at 888 decks. For Eye of the Ocean, the tough deck to get was the Astra Polaris Signature at around 500 decks, but still a fair bit higher than the Gilded Intrepid deck at 333 issued. The Quartermaster decks edges the Astra Polaris Signature and the Gilded Intrepid deck in overall rarity at 300 decks issued.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Clearly there will have to be an Odd Fellow Unobtanium edition which consists of Lorenzo simply printing a single deck and then lighting it on fire while laughing manically.

The rarest Stockholm 17 production deck I have is the Heretic Noctis Gran Riserva Salt Class of which only 50 were made. I have never seen one for sale but pretty certain it would go for at least $1K. I shudder to think what the Mercury Class would go for with a mere 6 in total made.

Let's not forget the 1 of 1 Requiem Golden Backer Riserva. Talk about Unobtanium!
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I managed to get my mitts on Heretic Lux Salt Gran Reserva. Yeah, that is as close to unbtainium as I am likely to get in Lorenzo's stable. I too can't imagine these days what a Mercury class Heretic deck would to for or the hithertoo unknown and now mythical Requiem Golden Backer Riserva. I may not have a white whale, but maybe that would be my golden rainbow narwhale deck. I might even trade a few things for that one.
EvilDuncan
White Whale: Heretic Gran Riserva S + Sb
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by EvilDuncan »

Bradius wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:24 pm I managed to get my mitts on Heretic Lux Salt Gran Reserva. Yeah, that is as close to unbtainium as I am likely to get in Lorenzo's stable. I too can't imagine these days what a Mercury class Heretic deck would to for or the hithertoo unknown and now mythical Requiem Golden Backer Riserva. I may not have a white whale, but maybe that would be my golden rainbow narwhale deck. I might even trade a few things for that one.
Man, that would go perfectly with my Heretic Noctis Salt Gran Reserva! I had mine first, so obviously you should give it to me to complete the set! :ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance:

I actually do have a set of Mercury Heretic Lux and Noctis decks (No. 4 of 6!) that I bought off eBay in November 2020. I paid a pretty penny for them at the time. Had to jump on that purchase cause I knew they wouldn't last long. Haven't seen one since then. They will probably be the jewels of my collection for a looong time. I would not want to try to buy them now.
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

It's nice to see Lorenzo get recognized as one of the few true artists in this niche artform of playing cards, by the value of his art. His designs shows just how playing cards can become a real artform compared to many decks where it's just art/design on playing cards.

(I would define artform as where the tuck and deck (I would include theme) are taken as 1 whole part in the design vs just a tuckbox and deck; where the box is to show what's inside on deck of cards.)

Yes, slapping a clipart symbol or font is also art by definition. Whether it's good or bad art is another matter and makes for lively discussions here on this forum. We are, after all, in the post post-modernism era now where literal shit on a canvas is art . :lol:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris-of ... _n_7470692
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

I got my wife one of his mini Tarot decks which she immediately opened (OMG what???) and she was blown away by the art. He really is amazing!
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

We are, after all, in the post post-modernism era now where literal shit on a canvas is art .
I would say we are in the gilded era of playing cards. :lol: :roll:
Harvonsgard

I'd say multiple deck version era with gilding phase with (hopefully) the last days of the diffraction foil period.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Gilded/edge printing is still trending high and probably won't go anywhere. Cold foil has yet to reach maximum saturation unlike edge printing. Holo/diffraction is still new.

Currently it seems with the far east designers, the mega elaborate boxed sets are the trend now. Cardmafia, Ark, Artisans leading the way.

However, the current high production prices has probably forced the reduction the offerings for new designers and only more established ones will probably still offer it.

In 1 FB group, online stores have reported significant drops in online purchases in 2021. So we'll see just how the high costs, saturated deck offerings and fancy bells & whistles will play out for 2022. This year may see a big change in how the current trends play out.

What do you all think? Does look like unknowns and newbies will struggle to get their decks out due to the high costs and lower discretionary spending. This will leave only the established brands and designers being able to continue what they are doing due to their established brand. Or will social media still have more influencers being able to get their decks out due to their fanbase?
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

We have a vessel and a rough schedule.

The vessel full with odd fellows is this one, and it will hopefully dock on time on May 8 in Los Angeles.

After that the schedule is a mystery.

Consider they have to unload the container, "devan", and clear the customs. Once these operations are done, the odd fellows will be loaded on a truck and reach the fulfillment center in Texas.

It might take up to 2 weeks to do all this, maybe more, maybe less.

Being optimistic we can estimate fulfillment at the end of May.
The cards are on the Ever Front, current en route to LA :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Grizz
White Whale: Golden Oath

Unread post by Grizz »

hsbc wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:46 pm
We have a vessel and a rough schedule.

The vessel full with odd fellows is this one, and it will hopefully dock on time on May 8 in Los Angeles.

After that the schedule is a mystery.

Consider they have to unload the container, "devan", and clear the customs. Once these operations are done, the odd fellows will be loaded on a truck and reach the fulfillment center in Texas.

It might take up to 2 weeks to do all this, maybe more, maybe less.

Being optimistic we can estimate fulfillment at the end of May.
The cards are on the Ever Front, current en route to LA :ugthink:
It seems like the end of May. I haven't received a tracking number. Does anyone have updated information on fulfillment?
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Grizz wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 am It seems like the end of May. I haven't received a tracking number. Does anyone have updated information on fulfillment?
You mean like the post that was made on the actual Kickstarter Project page on the 17th of May? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/po ... ts/3508922
Grizz
White Whale: Golden Oath

Unread post by Grizz »

Strag wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:42 am
Grizz wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 am It seems like the end of May. I haven't received a tracking number. Does anyone have updated information on fulfillment?
You mean like the post that was made on the actual Kickstarter Project page on the 17th of May? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/po ... ts/3508922
I read the Kickstarter updates. It is possible I missed information that was posted somewhere other than Kickstarter that I cannot access. Thanks :)
Harvonsgard

Lorenzo is one of the best, if not the best, when it comes to updates, transparancy and campaign management so his update is the best info you'll have. He'll keep you updated via ks updates if anything moves further.

Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

The latest Kickstarter email mentioned these started shipping next week Monday June 13th. Backerkit shipping info hasn't updated since June 1st so check your tracking numbers.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
DestinationQ1
Decks Owned: 450

Unread post by DestinationQ1 »

Does anyone know if these decks will be available for retail or on their website anytime soon? I missed the boat on the KS campaign 😢