No longer on Sale: Carat Card Cases™ - UC Offers page

Every now and again Mike finds something a little special - keep an eye out here for those little gems - you just might be able to snag one!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

No longer on Sale: Carat Card Cases™ - UC Offers page

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Please see http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 161#p92161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for pricing updates!

I negotiated a "group rate" for everyone, including non-members - to buy those great crystal clear acrylic deck holders now rebranded as "Carat Card Cases". Pricing is the same as before - and will not go 'up' as previously announced. In order to simplify things, they are available in quantity 3, 6, 12 & 24 cases both shipped domestic / US and International. I am working to get the price down a little, and separate shipping from the cost, which makes people ordering more subsidize those ordering a few.

I will post the new pricing table before we go live with the offer page. It's not working yet (and for some reason ICONS trial print decks show up, but don't work. Lotrek has those, I don't.

10% of the profit from each sale goes towards the "Friends of UC" fund for hosting and promotions / prizes.

If you are in the Asia/Pacific area, you can contact Kai ("volantangel" here) as well, he will be shipping out from Singapore. His pricing is as follows:

1-2 cases : $8
3-11 cases: $7
12-23 cases: $6.80
24 & above : $6.70

Shipping is approximately $4 per case for asia pacific (not inclusive of japan), Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei are welcome to contact Kai directly for a shipping quote. 12 cases and above, contact Kai for separate shipping quote. Internationals are also welcome to ask for quotations for small number of cases (ie. 1-4 cases)

Here's a couple of decks in the Carat Card Cases:
UC2016 "Nouveau" prototype deck
UC2016 "Nouveau" prototype deck
Crown Edition No 17 - pix by VolantAngel
Crown Edition No 17 - pix by VolantAngel
There are more decks pictured by various members in the OG thread here: http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 62&p=91363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This "Global Announcement" will automatically become a non-sticky message in 30 days.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
schfifty5
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Re: Carat Card Cases now available exclusively from Offers p

Unread post by schfifty5 »

Awesome, so are these permanently for sale now? I thought the initial stock was quite low? Hoping to grab some of these soon :)

BTW, I don't see it updated on http://unitedcardists.com/ucoffers.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; yet.
My Collection - http://www.portfolio52.com/profile/235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

schfifty5 wrote:Awesome, so are these permanently for sale now? I thought the initial stock was quite low? Hoping to grab some of these soon :)

BTW, I don't see it updated on http://unitedcardists.com/ucoffers.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; yet.
Yep, I forgot that Joe (montecarlojoe) was on holiday. He does the site maintenance including the offers page. It should be working soon, I will post an update here. Please note that the offer for ICONS trial print decks shows up, but should not. I am pretty certain Lotrek still has some - I don't.

The initial stock of 100 will be here tomorrow or Monday, and that's it until about four or five weeks while more are shipped by ocean freight. I should have plenty around 10-October, at least another 500.

I'm working on price, trying to get it down and offer them at a 10% discount for 12 or more.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Offers page now up!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ready to go! Click on "Offers" near the top left of every page or http://UnitedCardists.com/ucoffers.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have unbundled shipping from the prices. Essentially for UC members, the prices don't change much - a few extra $$ for the 3-pack, and couple less $$ for the 24-pack. Basically, $1 per case was built into the price before. Now the price per unit is $7 for up to 10, $6.80 for 12 and $6.70 for 24 cases + actual shipping, always Priority, even for all International orders. Ordering 3 cases INTL just didn't make economic sense, so that option is gone. For INTL buyers, the cost for 12 is exactly double that for 6 cases, because if I use the Medium Flat Rate box for 12, the postage price is $66, but if I just ship two packages of 6, the postage price is $52 (2x$26 = small flat rate or flat rate legal envelope rate).

If you are not a member (i.e. visit without logging in), the old prices (add $1 / case) are in effect + actual shipping. Like I said, because the shipping is actual and not in the price, UC members don't see much of a price change, in fact none for 6 or 12 cases, except as mentioned for INTL orders, which are now ALL using Priority Mail International, so it's always trackable. I also figured it was likely people overseas might like to collaborate and put together orders for 42 cases, so that option is now available (remember, the 3-case option went away for INTL, so INTL orders are 6, 12, 24 & 42). Why 42 instead of 48? A Large Flat Rate box holds 42 Carat Card Cases - not one more. Going to weight based postage using my own box nearly doubles the price (48 cases weigh nearly 15# or 7kg.

Here's the UC member prices in a table:

3 or 6 cases - $7 + actual shipping - US = $6, INTL = $26
12 cases - $6.80 + actual shipping - US = $12, INTL = $52 (shipped as 2 x 6-packs)
24 cases - $6.70 + actual shipping - US = $12, INTL = $66

Orders of 24 cases are shipped in a Medium Flat Rate box, otherwise I use a FR Legal envelope with a bubble wrap envelope enclosed in a Tyvek (waterproof, tear proof) envelope (or two packages that way, for the orders of 12). For non-members (i.e. not logged in), pricing is exactly $1 more per case ($8 base, $7.80 for 12, $7.70 for 24) + actual shipping.

If someone wants to order 50 or even 100 cases domestic / US, please contact me for pricing, and shipping is your choice at cost.

New prices now working

Some details about the construction are only found in the OG post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but I will repeat here: four corners are held in place by neodymium (rare earth) magnets, which are ten times stronger than even ceramic magnets of comparable size & weight. The 1/4" acrylic is obviously crystal clear, unlike the cheaper molded plastic type boxes (which are not clear).
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

New rates are now live.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

montecarlojoe wrote:New rates are now live.
Excellent! As I posted earlier, I changed the prices to $1 less per unit for members only, and actual shipping. That made the cost go up $3 for 3-deck orders, ,stays the same for everything else except 24 unit orders, and that went down $6.

I refunded $6 for people who ordered 24. Also, I receive the first 100 cases tomorrow, and anyone who has already ordered will get a tracking number notice tomorrow with shipping actually going out Wednesday morning. Domestic / US cases should arrive - for everyone who has ordered by noon tomorrow - this Friday, no later than Saturday.

Conversely, I am headed to the Outer Banks for vacation Wednesday before noon, so orders placed after that time won't go out until next Monday. Oddly enough, a package I sent Priority Mail International to Spain a week ago today arrived today. Seems unusually quick, but I won't complain.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Hi everyone, im now offering delivery from singapore, meaning cheaper rates to asia pacific, and perhaps even international at lower volume. Base price remains the same, if you havent picked up a case or two because of shipping costs, this might be good news for you =)
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I was playing around with some decks and I found that the cosmic lanes deck is a bit thicker than regular size decks. I put the cosmic lanes deck in the case and put the lid. It isn't flush but it does show the strength of the magnets, so I figured I'd share images. Just to verify, the lid is being held by the magnets.
Attachments
20150919_185814.jpg
20150919_185825.jpg
20150919_185834.jpg
20150919_194241.jpg
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, those neodymium magnets are quite powerful! About 10× as strong as comparable magenta, even recent ceramics.

Just a note - cases that should be delivered tomorrow and those that should be going out today have been delayed by a problem beyond my control at the post office. The 18 packages I left there Tuesday still do not show up in the system, and they were closed yesterday and again today. I called and asked what happened but was only told that someone tried to rob them Wednesday early morning.

If they are not open tomorrow - and I was assured that they would be - packages will be trucked to the next closest post office about 25 miles away and sent on to Charleston for delivery by Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay! Not much I can do...

update - Friday noon - all packaged dropped at 29458 ZIP were being scanned in at 29429 when I dropped another 6-oack off around 11:30. Everything should be delivered by Tuesday, though overseas takes a week or two depending on your customs.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I received my delivery of Carat cases yesterday. I have to say that I been very impressed by the finished product. The magnets are very strong and leave you in no doubt about the strength they have sealed in and protected your prized deck. The crystal clear finish shows the entire deck back, front and sides without the case obscuring the presentation of the deck in any way. Literally the only incredibly minor defect I could find was with one case whose lid was marginally larger than the base, which results in a non-flush edge profile.

This quality of case at this price point is fantastic, my sincerest thanks to Mike and any others from the forum involved in arranging this quality offering.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

I recieved my Carat cases 2 days ago.
They are just stunning, there are some pics.
small.png
small.png (224.98 KiB) Viewed 16652 times
small2.png
small2.png (210.9 KiB) Viewed 16652 times
small3.png
small3.png (229.86 KiB) Viewed 16652 times
Magnets are super strong, cases are shiny and perfectly transparent.

Maybe in future I will use them for my projects... ;) ;) ;)
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lorenzo posted this on Instagram today - nice!
tmp_13955-2015-10-17 15.32.11309682344.jpg
By the way, Brent delivered pairs of Carat Card Cases to Paul, Jackson, Alex, Randy & others, and obviously Giovanni, Lorenzo & Lotrek have samples as well.

Proud to say 50 were sent to Conjuring Arts for their displays, as well. The Nouveau prototypes were (and will be) delivered in them, as well. We're starting to get around...
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

planmgrcos@gmail.com
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by planmgrcos@gmail.com »

These are fantastic--picked up a dozen.
albertjhonn

Re: Carat Card Cases™ now available exclusively from Offers

Unread post by albertjhonn »

Nice Post , Thanks for sharing with us..:)
katipo
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by katipo »

volantangel wrote:Hi everyone, im now offering delivery from singapore, meaning cheaper rates to asia pacific, and perhaps even international at lower volume. Base price remains the same, if you havent picked up a case or two because of shipping costs, this might be good news for you =)
Hi, how can I make purchases?
Regards,
Jesper
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

katipo wrote:
volantangel wrote:Hi everyone, im now offering delivery from singapore, meaning cheaper rates to asia pacific, and perhaps even international at lower volume. Base price remains the same, if you havent picked up a case or two because of shipping costs, this might be good news for you =)
Hi, how can I make purchases?
Because you are in Singapore, you can probably get them at a better price from Kai ("volantangel" here) because he lives in Singapore.

Otherwise, they are available from the "Offers" page (click the shopping cart "Offers" link near the top left of every page displayed on UC) or follow this link: http://www.unitedcardists.com/ucoffers.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, everyone who has placed orders please note that when I went to print labels last Friday, I discovered that my printer was broken. When I got the call telling me how much it would cost to repair it on Wednesday, I decided it was time to put the poor 12 year-old HP Deskjet 6880 out to pasture, and ordered a new HP Envy 5660 e-All-in-One scanner/copier/printer device, which arrived today. Unless you happened to have ordered today and it's mixed in with the ICONS "Demo" edition orders, every single order - including those that were for Nouveau prototype singles - was printed and packed within the past hour and will go out Monday (23rd). Since everything is shipped Priority Mail, US buyers should have their cases by Wednesday the 25th, with any overseas orders (still using Priority Mail International) take around one or two weeks longer depending on the country to which they are delivered. I mark everything "Gift" with a minimal value, so you don't get ding'd by your country's customs taxes. Please excuse the delay in shipping. I could have manually processed these orders (and four Nouveau prototypes), but I really prefer to use the automated process offered by PayPal since it virtually eliminates any problems including mis-types.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

5% UC members discount went into effect about 6:30, and continues through Monday night at 11:59

Notes: discount was applied to 3 case domestic / US orders. I found I have been charging $5 more than I should for 12 cases, and $6 too little for 24 for US users. That makes the 12 case price $90.30 until Monday, back to $94 - where it should have been after. Conversely, the 24 case price is $164.75 until Monday, and goes up to $173 thereafter. Very few 12's and only one 24 pack were affected.

I found I had 42 cases international was $17 too high, but I have never sold that amount.

Let the holidays begin!
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

I printed labels for all the orders placed over the long holiday weekend including Monday, and they all go out tomorrow Priority Mail shipping.

Joseph Zompetti's order for Carat Card Cases™ was the lucky refund winner. We'll probably do this again in a week or ten days for the holidays.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10% Clearance Sale: Carat Card Cases™ - UC Offers page

Please see the last post in this thread. I am moving the conversation to the v2 post.

All Carat Card Cases™ are 10% off through the holidays. Prices shown on the UC side don't show the discount, but when you get to PayPal, the 10% discount will be applied. 10% does not apply to shipping, which is already at cost.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

The 10% off offer for Carat Card Cases™ is until new stock arrives around 1-February. We will be offering several custom sizes over the next six months - single card / coin / stamp / etc display (single & double) along with custom sizes for deck artists, etc. Basically, if you need a side by side (by side, etc) custom unit and want at least Q150 ("quantity 150"), we will likely be able to have custom multi Carat™ cases.

The 10% discount Clearance Sale for the holidays will be extended until the new stock arrives. Lowest price ever, roughly $6/case with quantity 24 purchase.

Note that in order to make this easier, I changed the code on the PayPal button push processing only to discount by 10% except shipping. The normal prices (shown on the UC Offers page side before you transfer to PayPal to complete the purchase) are discounted 10% when you get to PayPal (in other words, the discounted price will be displayed in PayPal only, not here on UC).
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apologies to those still waiting for orders places even the week before Christmas. I had three deaths in the family between the 18th & 30th, and spent WAY too much time on the road away from home until the 8th. Everyone should have received there cases by today except for the one overseas order, which always takes an extra week or two - even Priority Mail.

Everything was in the mail by Monday morning, so unless you are in a rural location it should be there. Even if you are, it should arrive later today.

As I remember, the only one sent overseas was to Marcus, and his order was dated within the last week.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10% Clearance Sale: NEW INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING INCREASE

Just a note: today, new US Postal Service rates went into affect. Most domestic prices were unchanged or under $1, and prices there remain unchanged.

The international Small Flat Rate box and envelopes price changed a lot! It went up from $26 to $34! Medium Flat Rate box rate went up $15. I have adjusted prices on the PayPal side, but not here on UC. The new prices are shown when you get to PayPal, not here. Remember, nothing changes for domestic/US.

Canadian shipping is now $25 & $48 instead of the $34 & $66 for all other countries. If you are in Canada, I will refund $9 for 6-packs and $18 for larger quantities.

I will update all of the pricing here in a few weeks when the new 2-deck displays become available around the middle of February.

The 10% Clearance Sale is still in effect!
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

Does your singapore contact still sell this?
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote="hawk199"]Does your singapore contact still sell this?[/quote]
Of course! Kai ("volantangel" here) has them, and will have the new v2 single, double, triple & quad deck Carat Card Cases™ as soon as FedEx breaks the logjam at the Hong Kong airport, hopefully before Chinese New Year starting Saturday. Most everyone shuts down for a week, through 14-February.

They were originally scheduled for delivery here today, but this morning they have been sitting at the airport for 48 hours.

I have retail prices for the new rounded / bevel edged units, $9.99, $15.99, $18.99 & $21.99 is correct, I believe. I charge actual shipping cost for Priority Mail postage, and UC member pricing will be lower, with $7.49 for singles and $3 less for all multiple deck units ($12.99, $15.99 & $18.99).

I will have discounts for more than 10 units, and will have to figure out exactly what fits in the Medium & Large Flat Rate boxes before I post prices with shipping. Obviously, I will need to make smaller quantities available for the larger size units. I suspect that up to 12 dual displays and up to 8 triples will fit in the Medium Flat Rate box, which is now $13 for domestic, and $56 overseas, as I recall. I'm pretty sure that the quad units won't fit due to the width, but maybe in the Large Flat Rate boxes, I should be able to get 10, but until I have them in my hands to try it out, not certain.

I just received a 50# postal scale, so I can ship by weight, also. It's almost always more expensive, but might be the only choice for quad units. They *might* fit in the Large Flat Rate box, but I am not sure. If so, I should be able to get 10, starting to repeat myself....
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

Received the V2 Carat Cases, man I got to say they are AWESOME! I personally think V2s are about ten times better than V1s!

The newer version has the corners rounded and the walls thinner. Definitely worth the money!
IMG_1202.JPG
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

4.of.Clubs wrote:Received the V2 Carat Cases, man I got to say they are AWESOME! I personally think V2s are about ten times better than V1s!

The newer version has the corners rounded and the walls thinner. Definitely worth the money!
IMG_1202.JPG
Nice, eh? Officially on sale the 15th. I will post price schedule a few days before and update the code on the evening of the 14th.

I have to play with the new units and see how many duals and triples fir in the Medium Flat Rate box, and the quads only fit in the Large FR box - I hope that I can get eight or more in one.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Version 2 Carat Card Cases™ go on sale Friday, so you have about three days left to order the original versions at a 10% discount.

The price for the new v2 cases goes up $1 each, even with the UC members discount, so they will sell for about $8 each, instead of the currently discounted $6.30 price for v1 cases ($7 - 10%) for members.

The new cases also come in dual, triple and quad sizes for deck sets. Here's an example of the new CCC v2 double acrylic display:upside down, close-up to show the addition of vinyl "feet" (all units) and acrylic divider(s) that come with multi-deck units.
tmp_971-20160215_142921-1167937905.jpg
They will ship with the "bumpers" and for multiple deck displays with the dividers inside. You decide whether to use the divider(s) and protective "feet", that protect the acrylic Carat Card Cases™ and the surface it sits on.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I don't see this on the offers page. Were the new ones added early and the old ones dropped? I can only add 3 of the single for a total of $24.90 after discount (around $8 and not the $6 mentioned).