Tomlinson Playing Card Co. - Official Thread

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Tomlinson Playing Card Co. - Official Thread

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

Now that we're nearing the end of the first official year as the Tomlinson Playing Card Co., we're making plans for expanding the business in the coming years. With our first year we saw the completion of the Unrest Series (Civil, Global and Colonial Unrest) and the funding of our Titanic deck. We'll be kicking off the new year with creating our first branded staple deck. This staple deck will honor classic English courts by modernizing them and giving them our own personal touch. Shown is a first draft of the Jack of Hearts (the finalized version will most likely be different).
Attachments
Jack-of-Hearts.jpg
Jack-of-Hearts.jpg (191.18 KiB) Viewed 7519 times
Barclay Mountains Co.
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Re: Tomlinson Playing Card Co. - Official Thread

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Looks great so far. Your other decks have been awesome so far so I have no doubt these will be a hit.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
chach
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Tomlinson Playing Card Co. - Official Threadp

Unread post by chach »

Good luck on the staple deck, any other teaser info on e design you can share, or if you're shooting for a certain price point (even a ballpark figure like below $10)?
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

rjtomlinson1977 wrote:Now that we're nearing the end of the first official year as the Tomlinson Playing Card Co., we're making plans for expanding the business in the coming years. With our first year we saw the completion of the Unrest Series (Civil, Global and Colonial Unrest) and the funding of our Titanic deck. We'll be kicking off the new year with creating our first branded staple deck. This staple deck will honor classic English courts by modernizing them and giving them our own personal touch. Shown is a first draft of the Jack of Hearts (the finalized version will most likely be different).
Standard decks! I love them. This is a good start. My critque:

Looks like there's a mirroring error on the bottom of the Jack's hat. The blue line doesn't go all the way across. The line weights seem a little thin, especially on the ax and below the ax. A deeper red and a deeper blue would be nice.

I like the simplicity of the design overall, but on a closer look, it doesn't lack any details and you've hit a nice balance. You also did the perspective on the shields well. Instead of a simple flower, maybe try and put a heart in there to see what it looks like.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for a back design too.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

For price we're still bouncing around a few possibilities. As of right now, my wife will be launching a military deck using a similar design style.
Barclay Mountains Co.