Gambler's Warehouse Case #001

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
hikeeba

Re: New Deck from Jason Brumbalow "Run"

Unread post by hikeeba »

Anyone know who "playingcarddeals" on eBay is? Because they had these for $45/3 pack - I bought some, then they canceled the order (claiming they were out of stock) and relisted them at $100.
Eoghann
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by Eoghann »

:lol: what a dick move. I suggest you force them to comply. You've got proof that you paid for that item and they relisted it at a higher price. Screenshot their new listing and contact eBay. :)
runit

Unread post by runit »

hikeeba wrote:Anyone know who "playingcarddeals" on eBay is? Because they had these for $45/3 pack - I bought some, then they canceled the order (claiming they were out of stock) and relisted them at $100.
Gambler's Warehouse/Playingcards.net
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Eoghann wrote::lol: what a dick move. I suggest you force them to comply. You've got proof that you paid for that item and they relisted it at a higher price. Screenshot their new listing and contact eBay. :)
completely agree. This is terrible news. I wish you the best of luck with it.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

runit wrote:
hikeeba wrote:Anyone know who "playingcarddeals" on eBay is? Because they had these for $45/3 pack - I bought some, then they canceled the order (claiming they were out of stock) and relisted them at $100.
Gambler's Warehouse/Playingcards.net
Are they the same? As far as I know, there's an ebay seller "playingcarddeals" and a "playingcardsdotnet". They have different prices listed for similar decks so I don't think that they're one entity with two different accounts.

Edit: Well, I have been corrected on the matter. Runit's previous post is indeed correct.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

For future reference, Gambler's also controls the bmpokerworld eBay account.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Playingcardsdotnet is GW. As far as these decks, they're ok. Don't really care for the cases but they'll be good to carry around other decks. Not too thrilled about the Bankroll as much. The red and black looks great but if they are the same cards as the other two, could be an easy pass.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

If this is GW I'd like to hear the reason why they would cancel. Was just about to place a huge order with them and I'm holding off until I hear how this is resolved.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Strag wrote:
If this is GW I'd like to hear the reason why they would cancel. Was just about to place a huge order with them and I'm holding off until I hear how this is resolved.
Dont think thats GW, GW has "playingcardsdotnet"
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I doubt it's GW. They're pretty solid in my book, some minor hiccups not withstanding. So far I know playingcardsdotnet and BMPokerworld are their confirmed accounts.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

The resolution is it's just canceled. eBay can't force someone to sell anything. I'm going to leave negative feedback (if I can), but there's so much positive, it won't matter.
Just won't ever deal with them, is all (and I'm sure they don't care).
(I've been told they are GW.)
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Well that's messed up. Granted you didn't lose any money, but if it were me, I'd probably fight it just out of spite. :lol:
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

hikeeba wrote:The resolution is it's just canceled. eBay can't force someone to sell anything. I'm going to leave negative feedback (if I can), but there's so much positive, it won't matter.
Just won't ever deal with them, is all (and I'm sure they don't care).
(I've been told they are GW.)
I would push it. It's one thing if they actually didn't have it (I question the wisdom of having multiple eBay accounts with different prices on the same items but clearly all controlled by the same company and presumably using the same inventory). It would be far too easy in that case to run out of inventory if it wasn't managed properly.

That being said, if the reason for cancellation was that it was no longer in stock but then gets relisted at double the price... well that IS scummy. I couldn't find the cancelled one but I did see the current one for $99.95.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Strag wrote:That being said, if the reason for cancellation was that it was no longer in stock but then gets relisted at double the price... well that IS scummy. I couldn't find the cancelled one but I did see the current one for $99.95.
It's the same listing. You'll see there were 5 sold. Two on the 25th and 3 on the 27th (I'm the 3).
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I've had the impression that playingcardsdotnet and playingcarddeals are controlled by the same entity. Here's why.

When I started collecting, I was in a craze to get a hold of the Federal 52 set. I bought a set of 4 from both playingcarddeals and playingcardsdotnet (formerly gamblersgeneralstore). They were both shipped from Texas and the decks were wrapped in exactly the same way... Four decks, each in one of those cardboard display boxes, placed inside a DHL bubble wrapped envelope, placed inside a USPS bubble wrapped envelope.

I dont have the addresses they came from, since they were a long time ago, so I can't confirm that they're the same. There is still a chance they're two unrelated but similar sellers.
Screenshot_2014-12-01-07-45-18_1.jpg
runit

Unread post by runit »

GW, Playingcardsdotnet, Playingcarddeals, BMpokerworld are one.

Bankrolls were initially listed at Playingcards.net (on their non-eBay) at $22.95, then at $29.95, then at $49.95. I wasn't able to finish my checkout when it was at $29.95 cause I was thinking I would add more decks later on. Came back few hours later and then up goes to $49.95.

Contacted support and this is what I got "Yes the prices did go up because of bank roll edition whenever the stock gets less the prices do go high. its all about demand & supply."

Unfortunately for hikeeba, his order has to be sacrificed for a buyer willing to pay higher.

Edit: Quick side by side comparison of the products they both sell in eBay (even the KS exclusive decks), tells you that they're of one. Also, both are from Las Vegas.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I understand someone's right to raise prices as the supply dwindles amidst high demand, as GW did on their website. But in Hikeeba's case, he completed his eBay transaction at a certain price, and then they reneged after he completed his transaction. To me, that's completely different from what they did on their website and kind of bush league in my opinion.

This is surprising to me, I felt GW built up a solid reputation on our boards with their participation and services to our members. I think it would be a shame for them to compromise their good will and reputation over an amount less than $50. I hope they choose to do the right thing and honor Hikeeba's eBay bid.

Getting back on topic, I got my order of Run decks, and I am very pleased with the deck. I love that Jason was able to include the sturdy outer case at the price point he's selling his decks at. Love all the foiling on the tuck case and the full customization of everything, including pips, font, and courts. I think the only thing I don't love is the back design. It seems to be the love child between a BC Crown deck and a dollar bill. I just wish it was something other than a dollar sign in the center of the deck. But that's a minor quibble and the many positives outweigh my subjective feelings on the back design. Great overall design and great value with the hard shell outer case.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: New Deck from Jason Brumbalow "Run" (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I completely agree. Where are GWs reps now. At least they could have the courtesy to say they're looking into it. Instead we hear nothing. I truly hope they resolve this issue.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Kdklown

Unread post by Kdklown »

runit wrote:GW, Playingcardsdotnet, Playingcarddeals, BMpokerworld are one.

Bankrolls were initially listed at Playingcards.net (on their non-eBay) at $22.95, then at $29.95, then at $49.95. I wasn't able to finish my checkout when it was at $29.95 cause I was thinking I would add more decks later on. Came back few hours later and then up goes to $49.95.

Contacted support and this is what I got "Yes the prices did go up because of bank roll edition whenever the stock gets less the prices do go high. its all about demand & supply."

Unfortunately for hikeeba, his order has to be sacrificed for a buyer willing to pay higher.

Edit: Quick side by side comparison of the products they both sell in eBay (even the KS exclusive decks), tells you that they're of one. Also, both are from Las Vegas.

I got, essentially, the same reply. I had $212 in my cart, waiting for the coupon code to kick in. I refreshed when it did and my cart went up by about $20. I dumped my cart and will buy everything elsewhere. They have the right to change their prices but it just seems dirty to me. I won't be shopping with them going forward.
Strag

Re: New Deck from Jason Brumbalow "Run" (wap)

Unread post by Strag »

Cbkimble wrote:I completely agree. Where are GWs reps now. At least they could have the courtesy to say they're looking into it. Instead we hear nothing. I truly hope they resolve this issue.
Would still like to know why no one from GW has commented on this. Clearly I didn't order from them over the weekend and likely they will go on my "do not buy from" list until they do respond.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

I'm going with they don't care.

All the positive comments here make me want to get some. I know Penguin has the two less expensive ones. Anyone know the best deal at this point?
Alyooola
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Gambler's Warehouse Case #001

Unread post by Alyooola »

Would still like to know why no one from GW has commented on this.
I'm going with they don't care.
It is not that we "Don't care".

I had no idea this was even going on. It is hard to keep up with every single post on this high traffic board. I had no idea about this until Strag mentioned something in another thread. If there is ever an issue with something going on with GW please send me a PM so that I can do my best to make sure that it is handled. I frequent this board more often than Eddie does and I am sure that this was simply some sort of misunderstanding.

Please send me a PM and explain exactly what happened with your order and any communication that you have had with our reps so that I can look into your issue.

thanks
Alysha
I do marketing & other fun stuff @ http://gamblerswarehouse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Alysha, just for the sake of clarity. How many eBay handles does GW manage? As far as I knew, playingcardsdotnet and BMPokerworld were the only two. Is playingcarddeals yours?
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

Eoghann wrote:Alysha, just for the sake of clarity. How many eBay handles does GW manage? As far as I knew, playingcardsdotnet and BMPokerworld were the only two. Is playingcarddeals yours?
As everyone is aware Gamblers also does dulfillment for other companies so we handle all fulfillment orders for playingcarddeals.
They sometimes do dropship from us as well. Like Gamblers sometimes dropships from CPC directly.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:
Eoghann wrote:Alysha, just for the sake of clarity. How many eBay handles does GW manage? As far as I knew, playingcardsdotnet and BMPokerworld were the only two. Is playingcarddeals yours?
As everyone is aware Gamblers also does dulfillment for other companies so we handle all fulfillment orders for playingcarddeals.
They sometimes do dropship from us as well. Like Gamblers sometimes dropships from CPC directly.
So not yours? Yet the listings are identical as are even the feedback comments on playingcardsdotnet and playingcarddeals both. Also both eBay seller names changed around the same time. That seems... odd.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

bmpokerworld & playingcardsdotnet have totally different listings does that mean its not our company?
If someone copies our listings so is that our company?
amazon has the same listings for every seller so are they identical or same sellers.
Parterning with someone and owning a company is different. We dropship from CPC and share profits does not mean its our company.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

Sooooo playingcardsdotnet and BMPokerworld are yours.
playingcarddeals not yours.

Did I get that right?
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Yes. But resources have been shared as i mentioned earlier (fulfillment & dropshipping products).
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Folks, Eddie & Alysha asked me to jump in here. If another couple of dozen of you send email, they will never get anything shipped in time for Christmas - because they DO take time to answer every one. It's a time waster because:

I thought the same thing at first, but as many are aware there are listing generators made for eBay that basically push out the same offer with the exception of the basics.

GW does fulfillment for LOTS of people and companies. If you watch those two accounts, the "deals" one seems to try to price match GW - but usually two or three days later.

I have never ordered from "deals", so I can't directly comment on reliability, customer service or similar. I will have to note that I got two sets of the Run decks from GW in the exact same time period and there was no cancel and reorder at a higher price.

Fortunately, Murphy's Magic Supplies sent me a pair of Bankroll decks for promotional purposes like the Deck of the Year contest coming up in January.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Folks, Eddie & Alysha asked me to jump in here. If another couple of dozen of you send email, they will never get anything shipped in time for Christmas - because they DO take time to answer every one.
For the record, I never sent a single email. Couple of dozen emails from this thread and the other one? That's impressive but somehow unlikely I think. Perhaps a mixed up message?
Gamblers Warehouse wrote:bmpokerworld & playingcardsdotnet have totally different listings does that mean its not our company?
If someone copies our listings so is that our company?
amazon has the same listings for every seller so are they identical or same sellers.
Parterning with someone and owning a company is different. We dropship from CPC and share profits does not mean its our company.
Comments were based on two things;
1. Multiple people seemed to think all accounts belonged to GW
2. I did my own research (this is, after all, the Internet) and found that the two accounts sound VERY similar products with (in most cases) *identical* listings and prices... although sometimes there were some minor differences in prices. More importantly, I noticed that the feedback posted on customer purchases on the two accounts were IDENTICAL.
Pcd.png
PCDN.png
The implies a more direct relationship to me, but maybe it's just that your "partner" is using your account as a blueprint and you are OK with that. You might want to suggest a bit more diferentiation going forward so that this mistake doesn't get made more often. It's not hard to change a picture or decription.

I'm still evaluating whether or not GW or any of its various subsidiaries/partners will get any of my future business as it all feels a bit muddled to me right now. My own personal opinion of course.