Two questions...

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Leneric_Quiro

Two questions...

Unread post by Leneric_Quiro »

hi all, new to the forum, but a fairly experienced cardist/magician and designing my own deck so:
1) I've got all the concepts pretty much straightened out and I am now at the stage of wanting to put it into Adobe Illustrator, does anyone know of a good template to use as a abs, or if thats no the best idea, what should I be doing?
2)For printing/producing the deck, I plan to use kickstarter for the funding, but I am not sure who to approach/how to publish etc. any advice?

Thanks everyone, hope to enjoy my time here on the forum!
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Two questions...

Unread post by ecNate »

The printers, uspc, mpc, etc all make templates available so you have proper dimensions and cut lines for their specific equipment. Have you seen those? Is that what you mean?
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Player: Yes

Re: Two questions...

Unread post by StanKindLee »

Hello Leneric,

What country are you in?

Do you have a preferred printer in mind?

For the Kickstarter logistics, if you are in the US and have the organizational time, I would roll your own project instead of farm it out, with the exception of fulfillment when there are lots of backers. Start reading the forum post in the 'New and Custom Decks' section and you will find out exactly what not to do in your KS campaign. Your task is to take all the things you do want to do and turn it into a deck(s) plus add-ons (if any) with pricing and tier structure which satisfies everyone globally - some do it quite well, and good artwork is a key component - show us what you got.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jonnypowpow
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Re: Two questions...

Unread post by Jonnypowpow »

Hey Leneric!

Your best bet is to use the bicycle template pack that way if you're going to send it to USPCC even if you're not the templates for other manufacturers are relatively the same so any changes you'd need to make would be minimal.
You can download it here - > http://www.bicyclecards.com/catalogs/us ... plates.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For printing I'd contact USPCC they are the preferred printer of the majority of decks and although there is a sizable wait time for their work its always generally a very high quality and collectors recognize that and are most often willing to wait for their branding and quality.

Best of luck my man hope to see your deck in here soon!