1910 Brew House

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Player: Yes

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept) (wap)

Unread post by StanKindLee »

It is going to need some help... maybe cross promotion and or [paid] targeted marketing.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread post by DJKroemer »

sprouts1115 wrote:Well crap, this looks like it's not going to make it. This is a nice looking deck. I would wait it out. Every backer you get is a backer for your relaunch. To high a goal?, To many "Fluff" items? Maybe one deck with a tuck swap?
Tapping out after a few days? I wouldn't assume a project won't make it with 28 days left... Long ways to go and a lot of work to be done in this project. I'll be positive the whole way through and I hope others will be too.
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

vasta41 wrote:I really REALLY hope this funds..
All of the positive responses you've left on this thread are much appreciated - thank you!!!
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS) (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

This is a nice deck an I also hope it funds.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread post by vasta41 »

A new add-on deck! The Imperial Edition:

Let's go, guys! Let's get this funded.
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

vasta41 wrote:A new add-on deck! The Imperial Edition:

Let's go, guys! Let's get this funded.
Thanks for sharing! Hope it can pick up soon - if anyone knows of some good ways to get this deck in front of more beer lovers, suggestions are welcome!
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Black deck looks better. I'll get a red if the courts and number cards are different as well.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Bikefanatic wrote:Black deck looks better. I'll get a red if the courts and number cards are different as well.
That deck is actually a dark blue. The red and blue decks will probably have a different watermark for the number cards, but the courts will remain the same. Thanks for the feedback.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

DJKroemer wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:Black deck looks better. I'll get a red if the courts and number cards are different as well.
That deck is actually a dark blue. The red and blue decks will probably have a different watermark for the number cards, but the courts will remain the same. Thanks for the feedback.
Dark blue is cool, it's a very good stand out deck. I'll say that most people don't like the same deck of cards with a different tuck and back but the cards themselves still the same. It could be some difference between the two so a watermark or a lil' something extra will work.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Still doesn't look like it's going to make it, problem is too many decks at the same time. Pocono Modern and the Russian Folk deck are having the same problem. Even Grimoire isn't doing well though they still have over a month left.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Bikefanatic wrote:
DJKroemer wrote:
Dark blue is cool, it's a very good stand out deck. I'll say that most people don't like the same deck of cards with a different tuck and back but the cards themselves still the same. It could be some difference between the two so a watermark or a lil' something extra will work.
Yeah I can definitely understand that. I'll be sure to change it up.
jerichoholic wrote:Still doesn't look like it's going to make it, problem is too many decks at the same time. Pocono Modern and the Russian Folk deck are having the same problem. Even Grimoire isn't doing well though they still have over a month left.
Yeah, I've been a little disappointed in the response so far. I've put a lot of work into this deck and I figured more people would be into a classic beer theme.
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS) (wap)

Unread post by StanKindLee »

I think the theme is good, but instead of the general old time brew house, target the up and coming microbrew industry.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

StanKindLee wrote:I think the theme is good, but instead of the general old time brew house, target the up and coming microbrew industry.
Not a bad idea.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Not sure why you added on the Imperial half way through, but if you had come out with 2 decks from the start with a $25k goal that would have helped. Better yet, you should have simply did the single deck with a $12.5k goal and then added the 2nd as a stretch goal at $25k. I really think the high goal for a single deck and then quiet and confusing introduction of a 2nd is hurting you here. Not to mention the competition and time of year with holidays coming up.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

While introducing another deck as an addon halfway into funding can be risky, I think that with the $25,000 main goal he should be covered?
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Eoghann wrote:While introducing another deck as an addon halfway into funding can be risky, I think that with the $25,000 main goal he should be covered?

From a risk perspective yeah that's fine. If there was a single deck with a lower goal that would have a better chance of funding. Having it as an announced from the start stretch goal also would be fine. Even having 2 decks with proper tiers from the start would have gotten more initial pledges. Adding it half way means you have to once again resell the idea and get all those original backers to take notice and make changes, artificially retrofitting pledge tiers to account for new deck, etc, but still have this larger goal to obtain to succeed.
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

ecNate wrote:
Eoghann wrote:While introducing another deck as an addon halfway into funding can be risky, I think that with the $25,000 main goal he should be covered?

From a risk perspective yeah that's fine. If there was a single deck with a lower goal that would have a better chance of funding. Having it as an announced from the start stretch goal also would be fine. Even having 2 decks with proper tiers from the start would have gotten more initial pledges. Adding it half way means you have to once again resell the idea and get all those original backers to take notice and make changes, artificially retrofitting pledge tiers to account for new deck, etc, but still have this larger goal to obtain to succeed.

I agree with everything you're saying - I'll be relaunching a cleaned up version if this project doesn't pick up. I made mistakes with the project format and unfortunately they're things that can't be tweaked easy after the fact. I might just wait until early next year, who knows.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

DJKroemer wrote:
ecNate wrote:

I agree with everything you're saying - I'll be relaunching a cleaned up version if this project doesn't pick up. I made mistakes with the project format and unfortunately they're things that can't be tweaked easy after the fact. I might just wait until early next year, who knows.
I'm glad to hear it sounding like you won't give up. I love this deck and I'm sure others do. Maybe it's like what people said- bad timing or market saturation... Who knows. But this deck rocks and I hope it gets made. If not now then soon!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I'm very sad to see this won't fund :( I can only hope somehow, someway, someday these decks will exist and be in my collection.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

vasta41 wrote:I'm very sad to see this won't fund :( I can only hope somehow, someway, someday these decks will exist and be in my collection.
I agree. I really like these as well. Its just a bad time right now, for me anyway.
SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

I didnt believe all the "Playing card market is too saturated these days" until I saw this one not fund. Sucks. But at least my wallet is happier.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
chadmcmillan

Unread post by chadmcmillan »

I really liked this deck too! Sucks it won't fund. Oh well...will jump on the relaunch.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

@DJKroemer - You have a very good functional deck. Keep it light on the "Fluff" items next time. Most ppl just want the cards. I think most collectors just want 2 decks. One to play, One to Save, and sometimes One to Trade. Don't give up. You will do it next time....
RussellSprouts
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Great example of a good deck design run poorly. 2 of each international was going to run $66 with a couple of wooden tokens and a coaster set, neither of which I wanted. $16.50 per deck was just not going to cut it. Get it down to $13 per deck shipped (international) and forget the other crap and you would have had me as a backer. By the way, it was never clear if two decks were being offered or not. Signed and number has a limited appeal to a smaller subset of backers and I'm not one of them.

Start with one deck, set a reasonable goal and go with it. I hope these relaunch with a better detailed campaign.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

FYI - This will be coming back in 2017, per latest KS update.
Hey everyone - I wanted to let you know that the 1910 Brew House deck will be relaunching in February. I'll post more details before the launch, but just wanted to send out a heads up for now. The project will be greatly stripped down and the focus will be on the playing cards without the many add-ons. Pricing will be simplified and the goal will be set much lower. I really want this project to succeed this round so we can get these cards made. The decks will be the highest quality they can be from the get go - no stretch goals or other incentives.

Thanks again to all the original backers, hope you've all had a great last two years!

Kroemer

And a few images to remind you what this was

jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Looks good!
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I was a HUGE fan of this deck and I'm pumped that it's coming back!!
serubi
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by serubi »

Aaalright! Can't wait for these.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

serubi wrote:Aaalright! Can't wait for these.
+1 Missed the first failed try.
Move on, nothing to see here.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck -- Coming back soon?

Unread post by CBJ »

Out of all the projects that didn't fund, this was one of my favorites.

I'm glad he's making another attempt

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com