Dynamic page titles (Add (fav)icon IMPLEMENTED)

If you'd like to see something new in the Playing Card Database post here.
(You never know - it might happen!)

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Dynamic page titles (Add (fav)icon IMPLEMENTED)

Unread post by ecNate »

I have my bookmark toolbar of ONLY the icons in Chrome, so this is a big deal to have a proper icon for the site and have it listed as the favicon.

On a related note, it would be nice to improve the page titles. Currently they are very generic and just say 'Playing Card DB' or 'Playing Card DB - Deck'. Ideally it should be a bit more descriptive and in the case of deck or collection entries use variables to display the actual name of the deck, person's collection, etc.

These may just seem like nice to have features, but they can help with search engine results (will be important as you try and expand the reach and increase 'members').
rhu

Re: Add (fav)icon and improve dynamic page titles

Unread post by rhu »

ecNate wrote:I have my bookmark toolbar of ONLY the icons in Chrome, so this is a big deal to have a proper icon for the site and have it listed as the favicon.

On a related note, it would be nice to improve the page titles. Currently they are very generic and just say 'Playing Card DB' or 'Playing Card DB - Deck'. Ideally it should be a bit more descriptive and in the case of deck or collection entries use variables to display the actual name of the deck, person's collection, etc.

These may just seem like nice to have features, but they can help with search engine results (will be important as you try and expand the reach and increase 'members').
Agreed! I'm not making a favicon though ;) I'm not very arty but I'll see what I can do.
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
Ben Taylor

Unread post by Ben Taylor »

I made a very basic favicon for you.
http://1drv.ms/1ARLgEY
rhu

Unread post by rhu »

Ben Taylor wrote:I made a very basic favicon for you.
http://1drv.ms/1ARLgEY
Awesome, thanks you! :) Added.
rhu

Unread post by rhu »

ecNate wrote: On a related note, it would be nice to improve the page titles. Currently they are very generic and just say 'Playing Card DB' or 'Playing Card DB - Deck'. Ideally it should be a bit more descriptive and in the case of deck or collection entries use variables to display the actual name of the deck, person's collection, etc.

Done. Have made some small improvements to this :) Thanks.