UC Upgrade / back ONLINE

Have questions or comments about the site?
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

UC Upgrade / back ONLINE

Unread post by montenzi »

Hi UC!

I started UC upgrade one day ago. The forum is currently running the latest PHPBB version + it's now php7 compatible. It will reduce the risks of being hacked.

:ucstar: Upgrading 6 years old software is not an easy task :lol: :ucstar:

Remember - I do not work for UC, I do not own this forum, I am not a webmaster/web designer. Please don't send me any messages about problems. Post everything here.

I understand the reasons behind all recent downtimes, so I offered a couple of solutions to Mike. This upgrade is the most important step.

Please be patient as every single script of this forum was updated (including style elements)!

Known issues:

1. The authorization is not working when you access HTTPS (Secure Site). Please use http://unitedcardists.com instead. Anyway, please test HTTPS access and post results here.

2. I'll try to enable "Thanks to post" module soon [FIXED] :ucstar:

3. All old extensions were disabled as they are not compatible anymore! Please ask forum admins to install/configure. [ :nostar: ]

4. Avatars on the right [FIXED] :ucstar:

5. DIY Board board is not following design rules [FIXED] :ucstar:

6. [youtube] links [FIXED] :ucstar:

That's it

Thanks
@montenzi
BaconWise
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Re: UC Upgrade / back ONLINE

Unread post by BaconWise »

Thank you!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

Thank you very much for your efforts!!
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Thanks @Montenzi & @Mike. Thanks for your efforts to get the site up.

Truth be told and on a separate note, this lockdown & self-isolation have caused me to be more touchy-feely and I had been feeling quite an anger because of UC being down. Just putting it down here so as to express the feelings in words explicitly.
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

guru wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:47 am Thanks @Montenzi & @Mike. Thanks for your efforts to get the site up.

Truth be told and on a separate note, this lockdown & self-isolation have caused me to be more touchy-feely and I had been feeling quite an anger because of UC being down. Just putting it down here so as to express the feelings in words explicitly.
It scared me a bit. I went to login, and was hit by that l/p screen,and im going "oh shit..."

Congrats and thank you on getting things up and running again. It looks great!
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Is there a possibility to run the desktop version on safari. I have "request desktop website" enabled but it still gives me the mobile version.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

I'm currently using https:// on desktop Chrome and working fine, at least as fine as it is for anyone. Ironically the non-secure site never worked for me before now, I'd get logged out every time I left a page even if it was another UC page.
SirCrunoke
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

Outsider wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:29 pm I'm currently using https:// on desktop Chrome and working fine, at least as fine as it is for anyone. Ironically the non-secure site never worked for me before now, I'd get logged out every time I left a page even if it was another UC page.
Same here it is working fine for me in Chrome on PC on Win 10 on https version. :ucstar: *

Also Thank you very much Montenzi for helping out and lending us (UC) your Skills :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar:
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Harvonsgard wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:47 pm Is there a possibility to run the desktop version on safari. I have "request desktop website" enabled but it still gives me the mobile version.
It's interesting. Try to clear the browser cache as there is no "mobile version" of the site. It''s just a responsive style template (CSS). I don't know how to fix it.
Outsider wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:29 pm I'm currently using https:// on desktop Chrome and working fine, at least as fine as it is for anyone. Ironically the non-secure site never worked for me before now, I'd get logged out every time I left a page even if it was another UC page.
It was the case for me, but now it's the opposite :D
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Damn, I like it.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

montenzi wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:44 pm 5. DIY Board board is not following design rules [FIXED] :ucstar:
This is not fixed.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

theCapraAegagrus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:36 am This is not fixed.
1. Interesting! Attempts #2 :D p.s. I have no idea why DIY forum keeps changing its style ;)

2. "https" + "www" in front of the name works fine for authorization https://www.unitedcardists.com
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Thanks for your hard work getting the forum back up!
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
EndersGame
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Firstly, thanks to all the folks running United Cardists for a great forum! This is a good time to express appreciation for a great site for playing card enthusiasts.

Secondly, big thanks for Montenzi for working on some upgrades.

Finally, a bug report of something I seem to be experiencing. I've logged in with the setting to remember my username and password, but when I get an email with a "Topic reply notification", it brings me to a page where I'm logged out and need to first enter my username and password again. I've never had this happen before. Yet if I change the URL from the one provided in the email (http://unitedcardists.com etc) to https://unitedcardists.com etc, then it works fine and brings me to the correct page immediately and logged in. Do the email notifications perhaps need to be adjusted to keep up with the other upgrades?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@EndersGame I know that there is something wrong with cookie/authorization/remember_me. But I don't have time to look at this. I hope Mike will read all upgrade/bug reports and respond.

There is a new "Notifications" panel on the top right, so it is much easier now to log in and then check notifications instead of clicking to a link sent by email.
theCapraAegagrus

Holy shit, I get notified when I'm quoted? I've been wanting that forever. Noice!
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
EndersGame

Embedded youtube videos don't seem to be working properly in the upgraded forum. Here's an example of what happens:

This affects quite a few old threads with embedded youtube links as well.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

EndersGame

Another bug report: I've been getting some email notifications of responses to threads I'm subscribed to - even though those are old responses.

For example, I got email notification for something someone posted in November 2019 here.

Also, is there any word on the issue I flagged (previous post) about embedding youtube videos, and whether there are plans to address that?
--

montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

EndersGame wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 pm Another bug report: I've been getting some email notifications of responses to threads I'm subscribed to - even though those are old responses.

For example, I got email notification for something someone posted in November 2019 here.

Also, is there any word on the issue I flagged (previous post) about embedding youtube videos, and whether there are plans to address that?
I don't know how to fix subscriptions, but I fixed youtube links. Here is a short explanation on what I have done and more about reasons why [youtube] stopped working :lol: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -reparser/
phpbbcli.php reparser:reparse post_text --ansi

Reparsing post_text (range 1..185798)
-------------------------------------

185798/185798 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100%
Reparsing post_text (range 1..98) 2 mins/2 mins 26.0 MiB

[OK] Reparsing ended with success
That's it.
Harvonsgard

I understand as much from montenzi's post as I do when looking at Egyptian hieroglyphs... :? :D .

After a while using the new interface now I have to say it is indeed a great improvement. Big thanks to montenzi and others involved.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
EndersGame

montenzi wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:08 am I don't know how to fix subscriptions, but I fixed youtube links.
Well at least that's one bug squashed, thank you!

Hopefully the bugs with subscription notifications (email links not working consistently) will get solved as well eventually.
--

Harvonsgard

Little bug report:

Can't delete PMs since the update and old ones I've already deleted are restored.

Sometimes when I log in it says invalid and I have to log in again.

Both things are occuring on Safari.

Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:12 am [...] Can't delete PMs since the update and old ones I've already deleted are restored.
You should be able to delete messages by opening them and selecting the X near the top-right. It makes deleting multiple messages laborious but it works for me in Safari.
Harvonsgard

I'll try it later on my laptop first but if it doesn't work I'll take this route. Thanks for the tip.

hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

:shock: I come back from being away for a bit and there's a whole new site?!? :lol:

This is awesome montenzi, thanks :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Just for the record, as you may know, I helped Mike restore this forum and get it up and running again in 2020. I wiped out this forum :lol: and reinstalled it from scratch. I had full hosting root and Admin (owner) permissions to this forum's backend. Ages ago, I asked Alex to remove permissions but didn't receive a response. Today, I found out how to do it by myself.

DONE! I no longer have access to the forum admin. I did it for my personal comfort. Also, I believe I lost my root hosting access keys after I moved my personal server a couple of times.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

I wish you would've let us know, as an off-site backup of this website might be necessary if sh*t hits the fan.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

kevork wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 am I wish you would've let us know, as an off-site backup of this website might be necessary if sh*t hits the fan.
It's not related and a little more complicated. You know, this forum has the owner!
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

kevork wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 am I wish you would've let us know, as an off-site backup of this website might be necessary if sh*t hits the fan.
We are working on this :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J