Hello there

Where are you from and what are your interests?
That Filthy Casual
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 110

Hello there

Unread post by That Filthy Casual »

Hello everyone!

I just started cardistry a few weeks ago. A few months ago, I got into playing Five Card Poker and especially Black Jack again in a big way, thanks to a video game.

While watching videos on how professional dealers shuffled cards, along with looking to buy a few standard bicycle decks on Merucari, I found out about card collecting culture and, eventually, cardistry.

I've only been doing it for a few weeks, so it remains to be seen if this is nothing more than a passing fad for me or something that I'll be as passionate about in a few years as everyone else on these forums.

However, I've recently become a father, and I've found that practicing cardistry is significantly quieter and more relaxing than gaming, so most times that I've been putting my son to sleep in a sling, I've been quietly practicing the basics.

The Card Guy introduced me to these forums via one of these videos. I also stumbled upon it a second time when searching for the types of Rattler Gorge decks out there, so a shout out to him.

Nice to meet all of you!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Hello there

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome to fatherhood and UnitedCardists. This is a great place to search about decks and card artists. Also learn about decks they have done and what they have coming up. If you haven't checked out Stockholm17, that is a great place to start. He is getting ready to launch, what will likely be an amazing campaign on Kickstarter fairly soon. Also, if you are quick, another Kickstarter that is currently open on Kickstarter is Tails of Mischief by Jack Brutus Penny, which is also worth checking out.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
That Filthy Casual
Decks Owned: 110

Unread post by That Filthy Casual »

Hi there. Thank you for the warm welcome. I have just ordered two decks by Stockholm17 - the 17th Kingdom Avant Garde deck, and the Madame Laveau Playing Cards, among a few others. I'm very excited for them. Will definitely be interested in the kickstarter for his next project. Not sure about the Tails of Mischief deck though. I live in Japan, so I see these kinds of patterns all the time, and the deck seems a bit too loud and messy for my liking. Price point is a bit high too, admittedly, considering that I already have about 50 other decks on my wish list, most of which cheaper.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Welcome aboard :)
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

General Kenobi.

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful/insane world of card collecting!
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome to UC.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.