Trading Decks Using Portfolio 52

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

apcardman

Trading Decks Using Portfolio 52

Unread post by apcardman »

Hi everyone, happy new year!

I have spent some time adding my collection to Portfolio 52, it's so wonderful!

Here is what I have so far:
https://portfolio52.com/profile/22381#

I was wondering, is there any way to search to see who might have cards from your trade list or have cards that you are looking for on your want list?

Thanks so much and all the best in 2021!

Aron
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Re: Trading Decks Using Portfolio 52

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

Yeah so this is actually an original feature of the site. We pulled it because it wasn't used that much since it would just find any possible match between a person's wishlist and tradelist.

Currently the site is set for finding decks so if you want a specific deck, you can click that deck page, go to the bottom and see which users have it on their tradelist vs who wants it on their wishlists. On that deck page if you click the tradelist you will see a list of users who are willing to trade that deck. You can then explore that specific user's page to see what they have on their wishlists and tradelists if you want to try making a deal.
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Retaking this old thread, I do think this feature would be really helpful, specially if PF52 would provide a way to make a list of fellow collectors with more than one decks in their tradelist present in my wishlist. Now, the only way is getting one deck in the wishlist and digging into all collectors' collections trying to find other decks in your tradelist, what is really time consuming.

BTW, is there anyone now here in UC checking the issues in PF52? I am trying to get their attention without any result. Thanks!
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I believe we have some hope that after the current Kickstarter and NPCCD decks we will see some movement - I’m really hoping the “custom order” sorting is fixed - after passing 1,000 decks my carefully sorted collection went amuck
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:52 pm I believe we have some hope that after the current Kickstarter and NPCCD decks we will see some movement - I’m really hoping the “custom order” sorting is fixed - after passing 1,000 decks my carefully sorted collection went amuck
I hope so but I have to admit I feel really disappointed because I am trying to figure out how to handle the issues in my PF52 profile and it is frustrating not to get any info or fixing options. I understand it is a free tool, but some of us are making huge effort to make this platform better and better, including more and more decks, checking duplicates and correcting mistakes here and there, so I think there should be a way to, at least, assist the editors in a faster and better way.

None of my few questions have been answered along last years. I feel frustrated
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

IAmTheChin wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am Yeah so this is actually an original feature of the site. We pulled it because it wasn't used that much since it would just find any possible match between a person's wishlist and tradelist.

Currently the site is set for finding decks so if you want a specific deck, you can click that deck page, go to the bottom and see which users have it on their tradelist vs who wants it on their wishlists. On that deck page if you click the tradelist you will see a list of users who are willing to trade that deck. You can then explore that specific user's page to see what they have on their wishlists and tradelists if you want to try making a deal.
I was about to post this elsewhere but this seems the place!
Hi team, I am an enthusiastic newb (a very old one). I am the sole moderator of an International Harness Racing forum BUT this is heaven. Every day there is at least a dozen new posts to read. I have tried a couple of searches in the port 52 forum and it is probably right under my nose but I am looking for a guide for beginners - I have read the Learn and FAQ on port 52 but cannot find what I am looking for. I was thinking a couple of Sticky at the top of the forum or maybe it could be added to Port 52's FAQ. Eg How to trade - I am guessing I just Message somebody that has what I want on their Tradelist - I would love to know the correct protocols. Anyway I am in heaven and any help/directions appreciated
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Honeybee wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:05 am
IAmTheChin wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am Yeah so this is actually an original feature of the site. We pulled it because it wasn't used that much since it would just find any possible match between a person's wishlist and tradelist.

I was about to post this elsewhere but this seems the place!
Hi team, I am an enthusiastic newb (a very old one). I am the sole moderator of an International Harness Racing forum BUT this is heaven. Every day there is at least a dozen new posts to read. I have tried a couple of searches in the port 52 forum and it is probably right under my nose but I am looking for a guide for beginners - I have read the Learn and FAQ on port 52 but cannot find what I am looking for. I was thinking a couple of Sticky at the top of the forum or maybe it could be added to Port 52's FAQ. Eg How to trade - I am guessing I just Message somebody that has what I want on their Tradelist - I would love to know the correct protocols. Anyway I am in heaven and any help/directions appreciated
That's correct. You message an individual who has that deck in their tradelist. I like to check their "Badges/Actions" tab to see if they're actually active or if it's a dead account before I message them.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

Good tip Kevork - of the 4 with it on, the most recent activity was a year ago so I may be out of luck Oops wrong again the Badges are in first to last order! (Makes for a lot of scrolling) so 2 would seem to be active.
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM