Hi from Italy

Where are you from and what are your interests?
jasonx73it
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath

Hi from Italy

Unread post by jasonx73it »

Hello everyone,
I’ve been a lurker for ages and I finally decided to come out since I started collecting cards a little more seriously.
I’m a 50 year old from Italy and I always had a passion for playing cards, but I only started collecting a few years ago. I used to watch Penn and Teller Fool Us and one act caught my eye. It was Ondrej fooling them with the Butterflies. Since the trick was out of this world I started researching the web and I found out on Reddit that he was using his marked deck for the trick. The marking system looked so insane that I had to get those cards. After that it was Chris Ramsay then Art of Play then everything else.
As of today I can sport a complete Thirdway Industries collection and of course all the Butterfly playing cards.
I have been a very slow and “cheap” collector only dreaming about the more expensive and beautiful decks. Everything changed in 2022, when I was diagnosed with leukemia. That was the tipping point and since then I started going hard into the more serious and expensive side of collecting.
My goal so far is to complete a Lotrek collection, because I always loved his craftsmanship but I’m starting to slowly consider other side collections.
As a collector, I don’t get things to keep them wrapped or to wait to resell at higher prices. I #freethepips and enjoy every aspect of every deck I collect. I’m fortunate enough to have a good job and the means to acquire even the more expensive decks without going broke and it makes me happy which is something I really need lately.
So that’s it.
I’ll see you around here.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Hi from Italy

Unread post by hsbc »

Hello and welcome :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

I second that hello, and the welcome, too.

jasonx73it wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:52 am [...] As of today I can sport a complete Thirdway Industries collection [...]
Including a Delirium Signature? I never managed to bag one myself.
~
Searching for: Cartes Indiennes (green back)

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
jasonx73it

Timmargh wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:28 pm
Including a Delirium Signature? I never managed to bag one myself.
Well you got me there, but in my defense I still can’t justify that price range on just a tuck swap (also wasn’t collecting back then). If think how much of Lotrek I missed cause I was late for the party... :)
I went for Eva Red Rose gilded though.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome to UC and look forward to your comments more. I have an Icons Anniversary deck out and am just admiring how far it has come from the first Icons. What is also nice about Lotrek is that you can see and feel the journey he has taken over the years in playing card production.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Ondrej's performances are great to watch and I highly recommend other collectors watch too. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear how inspirational he was to your collecting.

Best of luck on your Lotrek journey! It's evident your collection is one of great taste. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have and explore the vast knowledge throughout these forums. Happy to help in any way that I can. Taking a look at my thread here may offer some guidance: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20174

Wishing you great health overall, and lots of enjoyment as you look into some of the more "serious" decks. I think we can all relate to that feeling of acquiring a deck we've been searching for.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
jasonx73it

kevork wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:26 am Wishing you great health overall, and lots of enjoyment as you look into some of the more "serious" decks.
Thank you so much, means a lot coming from you, considering I’ve been using your Lotrek list as a bible :)
Although I think I’ll scrap the tuck swaps and sticker variants for the sake of my mental health.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome around and best of luck with the Lotrék endeavour.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Like you, I've tended to avoid mere tuck swaps and sticker changes, so as a result, I have passed on most "signature" series decks. I was also late to the game in appreciating gilded decks, so my collection is missing a lot of earlier gilded decks from artists for whom I've otherwise been an avid collector. I'm bummed I missed out on catching an Eva Red Rose Gilded, but aside from that and signature decks, I've got pretty much all of Gio's decks... as well as Lotrek, Lorenzo, Jackson, Randy, Minty, Montenzi, Sunish, Chris Ovdiyenko, Kirk Slater, Emmanuel Jose, Jody Eklund, Edgy Brothers, RJ Tomlinson, Rick Davidson, and Uusi. I've picked up a few Ben Jones (Elephant) and Alex Chin (Seasons) and Paul Carpenter (Encarded) as well. And Ellusionist. And Theory11. And... and I think I may have a problem.

Welcome to the addicts' club! You're in good company!
This space intentionally left blank.