[Cluefan] My Collection

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

Cluefan
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 80

[Cluefan] My Collection

Unread post by Cluefan »

So, I initially posted this on Reddit and on my Instagram, however hsbc asked if I could post it here as well. This is after two years of collecting and about six months of selling a handful of decks I could live without to get other decks, and books, that I really wanted for the collection.

Also this set up I have at the moment is drastically going to change, as I am currently moving from one place to another. Haven't decided whether to keep the cube shelves or do a whole new setup.
Attachments
Whole Setup
Whole Setup
Collector decks, Players Decks from Italy, Austria, Germany, Spain & Switzerland, Tarocks & Tarots, and Books/ Magazines on Playing Card History and Card Games
Collector decks, Players Decks from Italy, Austria, Germany, Spain & Switzerland, Tarocks & Tarots, and Books/ Magazines on Playing Card History and Card Games
Players Decks
Players Decks
Decks from Asia, Reproduction Decks from the Fournier Museum
Decks from Asia, Reproduction Decks from the Fournier Museum
Decks That I Had No Spot For At the Time
Decks That I Had No Spot For At the Time
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Re: [Cluefan] My Collection

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Really nice - both in content and layout :)

I took notice of those thin Chinese decks a week or so ago and have my eye out to pick up a few - quite a collection you have there - had no idea there were so many.

I think you may need to put a warning at the top of your post for those with weak tickers, just to keep people from dropping like flies upon the sight of the treasures within…

Which Matsui Tengudo deck is that? I know they make several with that tiger/dragon label…
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Thank you for sharing these. Awesome selection and what an achievement in just two years.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Cluefan

Unread post by Cluefan »

GandalfPC wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:29 pm Really nice - both in content and layout :)

I took notice of those thin Chinese decks a week or so ago and have my eye out to pick up a few - quite a collection you have there - had no idea there were so many.

Which Matsui Tengudo deck is that? I know they make several with that tiger/dragon label…
Thanks! Really appreciate it 😊

A good chunk of the decks from China were something I acquired a few months ago from a person selling pretty much their whole collection. They gave me a pretty good deal for everything, even managed to get an extra set of a few of them.

I have to double check, but I believe the Tengudo deck with the ryū ko wrapper is a kabufuda deck.
Cluefan

Unread post by Cluefan »

Harvonsgard wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:41 pm Thank you for sharing these. Awesome selection and what an achievement in just two years.
Thanks! I'm still a little surprised how fast I was able to find a handful of these as I was sure it would have taken much longer. But I think I was very lucky finding the right people at the right time
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Christ on a greasy bike, that is a wonderful collection. Were I wearing a hat then I would take it off to you.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I would agree with the others. You have curated yourself a really nice set of playing cards in a short amount of time, which shows a lot of care and effort. Bravo.

I also have to comment that I really like your display as well so you can admire such a great accumulation of decks.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

YES you posted here :D I thought people here might enjoy your collection :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Wow. I'm envious in the best way possible. A lot of my decks are now in boxes waiting for their moment to shine when I get the right setup for them. I love how you've organized the decks into the cube shelves. It's something that even a non-collector could walk into, see, and truly admire.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Well done, Cluefan, well done.
This space intentionally left blank.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Cluefan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:36 pmA good chunk of the decks from China were something I acquired a few months ago from a person selling pretty much their whole collection. They gave me a pretty good deal for everything, even managed to get an extra set of a few of them.
I would love to see more of these :D :D Also if you ever feel like selling some of the extras let me know :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Siege

Unread post by Siege »

Really nicely configured. I love seeing how different people curate their collections and how they display them in their living spaces when possible.

Also nice to see some Tarot displayed.

I’m no pedant, but I think you just might have more than 80 decks there though. :D
“If you don’t know you don’t know, you think you know. If you don’t know you know, you think you don’t know” R.D. Laing.
acetofive

Unread post by acetofive »

Wow. Thanks for sharing these here.