Hello :)

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Grizz
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Golden Oath

Hello :)

Unread post by Grizz »

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while. I decided to finally create an account.

I'm just starting to learn about cut decks. I'm amazed at the artwork people can create with a sharp knife and a deck of playing cards.

I find the high price that some new decks are realizing on the secondary market is unfortunate. The decks look amazing, and they must be difficult to print. I find myself thinking, "I shouldn't open this deck. It is selling for too much now." First world problems at their very worst--I realize that. I feel like the kid who can't play with his toys because they are "too nice." lol
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Re: Hello :)

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Howdy Grizz - welcome aboard :)
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome at UC.
No toy is too nice to play with is my motto. Ashes to ashes; dust to dust.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:15 am No toy is too nice to play with is my motto. Ashes to ashes; dust to dust.
I end up opening just about every deck. I was a little nervous the first time I played with my CRYPT deck, but I was opening it in front of my friends. I was probably more nervous about their reaction to the deck. I end up putting some decks up for display, though.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Grizz wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:37 am I end up opening just about every deck. I was a little nervous the first time I played with my CRYPT deck, but I was opening it in front of my friends. I was probably more nervous about their reaction to the deck. I end up putting some decks up for display, though.
It got there safely then? Assuming that you're the gentleman I just sold one to.
~
β˜†β˜… Wish list β˜…β˜†

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website

Social links etc.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome Grizz. I think everyone that opens a Crypt deck is nervous opening it...every time. :lol:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

59EA1D37-FF95-4C5B-9860-4BF61B676DBC.jpeg
59EA1D37-FF95-4C5B-9860-4BF61B676DBC.jpeg (236.58 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

Timmargh wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 am
Grizz wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:37 am I end up opening just about every deck. I was a little nervous the first time I played with my CRYPT deck, but I was opening it in front of my friends. I was probably more nervous about their reaction to the deck. I end up putting some decks up for display, though.
It got there safely then? Assuming that you're the gentleman I just sold one to.
I'm assuming everything is fine. The packaging looks pristine :) I just haven't grabbed the box out of quarantine. I didn't want to email you until I had actually opened the outer packaging to check for damage to the tuckbox.

Thanks for selling the deck to me. I hope you weren't worried about the deck. I assumed that you could check the tracking number. If it would have been helpful to know the package had arrived, please, let me know. Most people complain that I am verbose.
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

Bradius wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 11:24 am Welcome Grizz. I think everyone that opens a Crypt deck is nervous opening it...every time. :lol:
How many have you opened?!? :D

Is collation an issue with CRYPT decks? I can't imagine that it would be, but I remember seeing a couple of decks for sale that weren't correctly collated. It may have been the same deck with "different sellers." I am just curious.
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

I did buy a bag of white cotton gloves...
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Grizz wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 2:35 pm I'm assuming everything is fine. The packaging looks pristine :) I just haven't grabbed the box out of quarantine. I didn't want to email you until I had actually opened the outer packaging to check for damage to the tuckbox.

Thanks for selling the deck to me. I hope you weren't worried about the deck. I assumed that you could check the tracking number. If it would have been helpful to know the package had arrived, please, let me know. Most people complain that I am verbose.
I saw that it had been delivered via the tracking, but it doesn't say who it was delivered to! :D
~
β˜†β˜… Wish list β˜…β˜†

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website

Social links etc.
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

Timmargh wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 5:09 pm
Grizz wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 2:35 pm I'm assuming everything is fine. The packaging looks pristine :) I just haven't grabbed the box out of quarantine. I didn't want to email you until I had actually opened the outer packaging to check for damage to the tuckbox.

I saw that it had been delivered via the tracking, but it doesn't say who it was delivered to! :D
That had not occurred to me. I suppose a porch pirate could have swiped it before I got to it as well. Thanks for the feedback :)
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Free the pips!

Open the decks open them all!

ahahahahahah!

Other than his mass-produced decks, where I have multiple copies that are still sealed up (but I've opened at least one representative deck to appreciate), I open EVERY. SINGLE. LOTREK. DECK.

It's the only way to truly appreciate what he does.

...it's also the only way to make sure each deck has all of the correct cards! :lol:

Welcome aboard, Grizz!
This space intentionally left blank.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

rousselle wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 5:39 pm Free the pips!

ahahahahahah!

Other than his mass-produced decks, where I have multiple copies that are still sealed up (but I've opened at least one representative deck to appreciate), I open EVERY. SINGLE. LOTREK. DECK.

...it's also the only way to make sure each deck has all of the correct cards! :lol:

Welcome aboard, Grizz!
I can attest to being someone who opens his Lotrek decks. I open them up from time to time and look through the artwork to appreciate the intricate work and beauty he brings to this hobby. Still on the agenda to open: Arabesque, Damask, and Golden Oath. Customs is a nightmare, holding Arabesque hostage and teasing me with it!
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

I open one copy of the Lotrek printed decks I own. I'm lucky enough to own doubles of a couple. I keep the doubles sealed if they came in cellophane.
I opened Damask. It is just as nice as all the other decks he prints. Golden Oath is my current White Whale. I'd like to see pictures when you open it.
I do have a small shrine to the gods of proper collation (heh heh heh)
kevork wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 6:56 pm

ahahahahahah!

Welcome aboard, Grizz!
I can attest to being someone who opens his Lotrek decks. I open them up from time to time and look through the artwork to appreciate the intricate work and beauty he brings to this hobby. Still on the agenda to open: Arabesque, Damask, and Golden Oath. Customs is a nightmare, holding Arabesque hostage and teasing me with it!
Grizz

Unread post by Grizz »

ahahahahahah!

Welcome aboard, Grizz!
I'm sorry, Rousselle. I'm afraid I can't do that. (hee hee)

I open one Lotrek printed deck because I have to look at all of the cards. I usually keep any other copies sealed. People usually prefer sealed decks when I've traded other creators playing cards. I've never let a Lotrek deck leave my possession unless someone is taking a knife to it :D
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Grizz wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 5:21 am I open one copy of the Lotrek printed decks I own. I'm lucky enough to own doubles of a couple. I keep the doubles sealed if they came in cellophane.
I opened Damask. It is just as nice as all the other decks he prints. Golden Oath is my current White Whale. I'd like to see pictures when you open it.
I do have a small shrine to the gods of proper collation (heh heh heh)
kevork wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 6:56 pm

ahahahahahah!

Welcome aboard, Grizz!
To clarify, I'm still looking for Golden Oath and Damask, perhaps some day!! Sounds like you have great taste :)
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks