New from Michigan

Where are you from and what are your interests?
jackdee

New from Michigan

Unread post by jackdee »

Hello, everyone. My name is John. New to the forum and collecting.

I'm mostly a card game player and collector but would love the learn some card tricks in the future, but honestly my hand
nd eye coordination isn't the greatest............, ha!
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: New from Michigan

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome to UC John.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

jackdee wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:20 am Hello, everyone. My name is John. New to the forum and collecting.

I'm mostly a card game player and collector but would love the learn some card tricks in the future, but honestly my hand
nd eye coordination isn't the greatest............, ha!
Welcome!

What card games do you play?

I'm an avid player of
Hearts
Spades
Crib
Euchre
Various poker games

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I play all those games that Jay plays, except Spades. Loves me some good card games.

Welcome aboard, John!

BTW, you don't have to be the most dexterous person to be able to pull off some amazing card tricks. I have to assume there's some decent magic shop not too far from you (unless you're deep in the middle of nowhere) where you can talk shop with the person behind the counter and have them show you something your speed (be kind enough to buy the trick, of course), but you can always search online for some good beginners tricks. Off the top of my head, I'd suggest looking at penguinmagic.com, ellusionist.com, and theory11.com for some decent tricks and, on occasion, special decks that support those tricks. Some very powerful effects can be performed by specially prepared "gaffed" decks, like the Invisible Deck or the Svengali Deck, which do most of the work for you. You could also learn a simple but powerful trick that doesn't require a gaffed deck nor much in the way of sleight of hand, like "Chicago Opener." :-)

Cheers!
This space intentionally left blank.
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

Hey! Welcome!

there are tons of card players here. and as a collector, do you collect a specific niche?

as for card tricks: learn in a way that works for you, you will be surprised at what you can do with practice. anyone that has ever learned a one-handed scissor cut will have stories of cards flying everywhere. I learned card flicking while working in a cubical. took me a few weeks (and a few apology lunches) for me not to shoot the cards onto the desk of the guy on the other side of the divider. its all about the practice. Also check out Magic Madhi. Pro magician with no hands.

(he also has his own deck of cards)

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/playi ... ing-cards/

You got this! and welcome to the community!