2020 'Deck of the Year' Awards - UC x P52

Featuring our favourite decks including winners of the Decks Of The Year awards and the Annual United Cardists Decks
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

Re: 2020 'Deck of the Year' Awards - UC x P52

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

laitostarr777 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:42 pm
PiazzaDelivery wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:06 pm
laitostarr777 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am Lastly, the winner of the "Best Overall" deck - Crypt: Alas, it might have won because of the votes from those who have it and have seen it, and those who don't have it that have voted for it are considered those that have voted blindly - or simply because they have faith in Lotrek. Even Widdak feels like it is a bid odd to the point he lashed out about it publicly.
What did he say, or where can I find it?
It’s on IG, comment section of the Best Overall announcement
Screenshot_20210219-011928_1.jpg
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

37DE6E85-9299-4E63-AA1E-399D5C350743.jpeg
37DE6E85-9299-4E63-AA1E-399D5C350743.jpeg (142.13 KiB) Viewed 11871 times
Yup, if you're Lotrék you don't need all that, haha. To be fair, the foil work on Crypt stunned most folks so that they forgot to nominate/vote for Crypt in other categories 😃.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I was one of the lucky giveaway winners this year! The very generous person donating my prize was Paul with JP Games Ltd! I received my package yesterday. It was incredibly quick to arrive to me in the states from the UK, just a couple of days. I got a brick of decks and I was very happy to get the ones he sent. He sent some sleeves and had them in a very cool looking brick box. I had never seen this brick box before. Thank you very much Paul!!! Below are pictures of what I received.

20210218_104604.jpg
20210218_104617.jpg
20210218_104709.jpg
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Congrats, sweet looking brick.

That was incredibly fast, yeah. I wasn't even contacted by P52 yet lol (won a signed letterpress card from Kellar O’Neil)
andreac75

Unread post by andreac75 »

brownsl wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 am I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I was one of the lucky giveaway winners this year! The very generous person donating my prize was Paul with JP Games Ltd! I received my package yesterday. It was incredibly quick to arrive to me in the states from the UK, just a couple of days. I got a brick of decks and I was very happy to get the ones he sent. He sent some sleeves and had them in a very cool looking brick box. I had never seen this brick box before. Thank you very much Paul!!! Below are pictures of what I received.

20210218_104604.jpg20210218_104617.jpg20210218_104709.jpg
Congrats...but where is the list?
Harvonsgard

If I understood it correctly winners will be notified by P52. Alex/Pip will send you an email to the one you used to sign up on P52.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

How do I know who to contact to send my prizes? I did hear one of mine during the raffle and can probably look it up. I was hoping to get an email or something. Is there a list somewhere? I would like to get my prizes shipped.

Okay, read the earlier posts. lol I haven't received an email from P52. Honestly, if there was just a list I could check with their email address, I would be happy to check it to find who to email.

As for Widikk's comments, I get his concern. However, if he has seen Crypt in hand he would probably not have posted his comment. I feel certain therefore he hasn't seen Crypt in hand.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Bradius wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:17 pm How do I know who to contact to send my prizes? I did hear one of mine during the raffle and can probably look it up. I was hoping to get an email or something. Is there a list somewhere? I would like to get my prizes shipped.

Okay, read the earlier posts. lol I haven't received an email from P52. Honestly, if there was just a list I could check with their email address, I would be happy to check it to find who to email. [...]
I was contacted via Instagram and put in touch with the person who won my prize.

They have a lot to go through; they should get to you eventually.
~
Searching for: Cartes Indiennes (green back)

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
markzero
Decks Owned: 58

Unread post by markzero »

Bradius wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:17 pm How do I know who to contact to send my prizes? I did hear one of mine during the raffle and can probably look it up. I was hoping to get an email or something. Is there a list somewhere? I would like to get my prizes shipped.

Okay, read the earlier posts. lol I haven't received an email from P52. Honestly, if there was just a list I could check with their email address, I would be happy to check it to find who to email.

As for Widikk's comments, I get his concern. However, if he has seen Crypt in hand he would probably not have posted his comment. I feel certain therefore he hasn't seen Crypt in hand.
I hope you were finally able to make contact; they may not be writing from @portfolio52.com. Someone from a hotmail.co.uk address (Nurul Alam?) sent me a notification that I won a prize (not yours!). Sadly, missed out, due to relying on my filters and not being able to check all my regular mail while dealing with broken pipes and so forth from that weather we had at the time. Speaking of which, hope you made it out okay!
relative newbie that loves transformations, vintage, and oddities. stuff on Portfolio52
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Yes, I quickly got the information on my winners. One declined, get this, a gilded Robin Hood deck, because they didn't want to pay part of the international shipping! I was like, dude, this is a $200+ deck, are you sure you don't want it? They declined, so they awarded it to someone else. I just shipped it off to them today. I didn't think I would have such a hard time giving it away!
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Oh, prize notifications have gone out? Didn't get a notification this year. Congrats you lucky winners.
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

portcullis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:17 am Oh, prize notifications have gone out? Didn't get a notification this year. Congrats you lucky winners.
I think majority of the winners have no presence here but also congrats to the lucky few of you. ;)
Remember Earth clearly.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

My guy got in touch via Instagram; I shipped his decks today.
~
Searching for: Cartes Indiennes (green back)

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
andreac75

I got i touch via IG, but after sending $$ for expedition he refund me telling that he can't send to Italy. Second year winner, second year no prize :(
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Quite a bum that for two years I didnt get any prizes :(
But oh well, It is a chance of one againsts many, especially with this year that the event is very open to the public
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
MSimonart

Unread post by MSimonart »

andreac75 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:18 pm I got i touch via IG, but after sending $$ for expedition he refund me telling that he can't send to Italy. Second year winner, second year no prize :(
Damn that's hard.
I could work as a forwarder if that's possible. I'm in Belgium, maybe he'd ship there? I know I can ship to Italy...

On another note: My first winner NoraCH claimed her prize (Mixed brick with Crypt, Standard GOB, Uusi pagan blue etc.) and it's on its way to her. Second prize hasn't claimed hers and apparently I was too late to tell for a re-roll of the prize, so I thought I'd offer the prize to shogun and Brian who helped organize the event. They feel guilty, but they really shouldn't :p
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

That's quite the generous prize MSimonart, kudos Sir.
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Considering I got first pick last year, it's not surprising to receive no prize this year. A testament to the way Amy and Alex and others were able to grow the DOTY audience—great job!
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
andreac75

MSimonart wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:14 am
andreac75 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:18 pm I got i touch via IG, but after sending $$ for expedition he refund me telling that he can't send to Italy. Second year winner, second year no prize :(
Damn that's hard.
I could work as a forwarder if that's possible. I'm in Belgium, maybe he'd ship there? I know I can ship to Italy...

On another note: My first winner NoraCH claimed her prize (Mixed brick with Crypt, Standard GOB, Uusi pagan blue etc.) and it's on its way to her. Second prize hasn't claimed hers and apparently I was too late to tell for a re-roll of the prize, so I thought I'd offer the prize to shogun and Brian who helped organize the event. They feel guilty, but they really shouldn't :p
Thanks. Hope to be lucky next year!
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Damn that's hard.

My first winner didn't claim their prize either and I wanted mine to go to Nurul or Brian, but they very politely said that it needed to be a random pick provided by Alex. I, too, felt that they should receive something as well and that is why I am donating something only to someone that helps organize the event next year. I repeat, helping with such an event should not be a thankless job!
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

shermjack wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 am
Damn that's hard.

My first winner didn't claim their prize either and I wanted mine to go to Nurul or Brian, but they very politely said that it needed to be a random pick provided by Alex. I, too, felt that they should receive something as well and that is why I am donating something only to someone that helps organize the event next year. I repeat, helping with such an event should not be a thankless job!
Yes, 100% agree...it should not be a thankless job.
Harvonsgard

Just out of curiosity, neither here nor the hall of fame gets updated?