52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: 52+Joker 2020 Annual Deck by UUSI - You want?

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

guru wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:20 am
Mike Ratledge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:35 pm I guess I didn't make it clear that I am offering to try to get decks for you if you are (or are not) a member of the 52+Joker Club.

After seeing how quickly they disappeared last year, I wanted to get a head start instead of like previous years where I put orders together after the fact.

One problem is that it is entirely possible that I won't know much - if anything - more before they go on sale. I'm every previous year nothing was released before they were available except perhaps who was designing them, and in most cases even that was not known.

Pricing? I might not have that either. We'll see. For now, I am not asking for a deposit. That likely will change. If you are a member it might work out better for you if you do it yourself, maybe not, especially for single decks.

SUNISH - absolutely a great idea to put together a "bulk" order for down under. Probably end up saving shipping costs all around.

Also, I hoped that I made it clear that I needed everyone to send me a private message to reserve. I just sent 12 replies with simply "#3 in the queue."

If you didn't get one, send me a PM!

Mike - Hope your are doimg well.

Is there any chance if you get the decks for us down under and then get it shipped together. I already have 4 ppl (including me) who would like to get a deck or two. Please advise.
We can probably work it out either way, but as shermjack noted it is probably easier if you purchase them directly?

Bradius wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:19 pm I think it is a great idea to get the orders lined up in advance. I'll get mine directly to save you one more logistics and shipping problem. If you want me to take on some of the orders, let me know.
Again, splitting things up is almost going to be required, and I don't know what the order quantity limit is going to be, so once I respond to PM/DM here, we could easily be near 20 decks.

Let's see where we stand and what we need to do to get everyone their decks.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Last year Sunish helped me with getting the annual deck - thanks again 😉

This year I joined the club and depending on the purchase limit and increase in shipping costs I could help some EU members buy this deck.

Last year's shipping costs directly from 52+Joker were far cheaper than what Mike was able to offer (still grateful for his willingness to help members here).

We'll see.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

shkorc wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am Last year Sunish helped me with getting the annual deck.

This year I joined the club and depending on the purchase limit and increase in shipping costs I could help some EU members buy this deck.

Last year's shipping costs directly from 52+Joker were full far cheaper than what Mike was able to offer (still grateful for his willingness to help members here).

We'll see soon enough.
Unfortunately that is always going to be true. I insist on using a trackable mailing method, and once you add tracking to "First Class" mail overseas it is within $2 of the cost for PMI (Priority Mail International).

It is not always true, but most PMI is delivered in one to two weeks depending on the country and most First Class (FKA "surface mail") gets there in a month or two.

The sad fact is that I got bamboozled by at least two people early on claiming that they did not receive shipments, so I decided to make Priority Mail a requirement. Fortunately only one of those was a significant amount cost-wise.

We are up to either 18 or 19 requests, and I am going to have to go back and make a little spreadsheet with names to correspond with the queue numbers.

It is possible that I sent a duplicate queue number, but I will update you as soon as I am sure. I will make them 13A and 13B just as a random example - if I did.

Guys, I have several (3?) messed up orders from recent UCdecksales, mostly for Lorenzo's "prototype" #17. I have shipped one of these already and will try to figure out what, why & how I mixed up the other two this weekend. I won't be able to make the actual shipping until Wednesday because of further complications with my mom. Sorry for the delay - again! (I am physically in Chapin - near Columbia, more than 150 miles from home)
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Hope things are better/well for your mom and sis.
Siege

Unread post by Siege »

I’m in for a deck Mike (U.K. based, non member)

Edit: I also PM’d you
“If you don’t know you don’t know, you think you know. If you don’t know you know, you think you don’t know” R.D. Laing.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

My club membership expired last November, so I'm in for at least 1 deck.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
HFMJ

Unread post by HFMJ »

shkorc wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am Last year Sunish helped me with getting the annual deck - thanks again 😉

Last year's shipping costs directly from 52+Joker were far cheaper than what Mike was able to offer (still grateful for his willingness to help members here).

We'll see.
I would be interested in a deck.
I plan on getting a subscription this year also. I don't know what would be the better solution.
Buy it by myself or combine with others from EU.
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Hey Mike...not sure if I'm too late, but would be interested too!
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
ancol

Unread post by ancol »

If it's not too late I'm interested in getting a deck too.

Anyone else from Singapore? We can share the shipping cost.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

ancol wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 am If it's not too late I'm interested in getting a deck too.

Anyone else from Singapore? We can share the shipping cost.
Shouldn't be too late, convention is still 2 weeks away.
GandalfTheWhite
Decks Owned: 56

Unread post by GandalfTheWhite »

Hi Mike,

I'm in as well for 1 deck. Hoping to get on the list. Thank you for doing this for the UC members!
hblaizek
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by hblaizek »

+1 for the Aussie contingent! Sydney-based if that helps.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guys, if you added yourself here without sending me a DM then you likely are not on the list.

Send me a private message here... (I see 4 or maybe 5 recently added here)

tl/dr: read last 3 paragraphs...

Right now I think that we have 26 or 27 total, which is fine, since I am supposed to be able to get 3 bricks, or 36.

Read this - it's important!

If you are on the list (or adding it now), please send $38.50 to my PayPal email account which is the one at friendofuc@gmail.com using "Friends and Family" instead of "paying for goods and services" so they don't suck up 3%. I am just trying to break even, so if you are overseas sometimes it might ignore that and removes 3% and I think there are a couple of countries where it eats a little more?

Of course if you are using a US address, it is $38.5 total for one deck with shipping / delivery postage like American buyers.

Please double check your receipt and make sure you are getting me the $30 for one 52+Joker Club 2020 Deck plus $8.50 for Priority Mail shipping. Yes, it went up yet again and $8.50 is even if I prepay and print postage myself, which I am doing.

I figured out what was wrong with my Canon TS9020 printer, and I am not having to use FedEx Office to print every postage label any more.

If you are overseas and not having me shop it to a US address, the cost is $35.50 - sorry. Nothing I can do about what USPS charges for a tracking enabled price...

I will audit the count and get back to you here, instead of trying to get it 1 by 1 using direct / private messages. I will let you know if I have any left so I can ship another one withhout extra shipping costs. (another $30 only)

>>------» tl/dr boundary:

For now: $38.50 for domestic / US shipping and $65.50 for overseas delivery. Be sure to check out the exact amount PayPal sends me if you are foreign / overseas shipping - there are at least two countries where it takes the 2.9% "discount" fee out anyway. You'll have to add about 3.2% to make it work, so maybe $68.5? Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you got one, but I might make a dollar overall? Not even trying to, but I don't want to lose a few. Use my friendofuc@gmail.com PayPal account.

It looks like I will be buying them October 15th, but exact delivery to me is uncertain - unlike prior years since all decks will be mailed instead of dragged off in person from the convention. US Deliveries should be 3 or 4 days after they arrive to me. Overseas adds a week or two even, depending on the target country.

I don't think there is anyone is getting delivery in Canada, but if so, I will rebate you for $5 or $6 - whatever is the new USPS PMI to Canada subtracted from $35.50. It used to be $28 I think?
(it might have already changed?)
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Sunish -- How's the Australian list coming along?
Siege

Unread post by Siege »

Mooseweasel wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:10 pm I'm totally in for some USSI action! DM'd it up, Rather coincidentally I literally just got a Royal Mail customs note today from an order I placed with them a few weeks ago for some more of there old decks. If anyone else from the UK is down? I certainly wouldn't mind combining.
I’m U.K. based and happy to split that monster of a shipping cost :)
“If you don’t know you don’t know, you think you know. If you don’t know you know, you think you don’t know” R.D. Laing.
machonekevin

Unread post by machonekevin »

done. thx Mike
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

Does anyone know what it's going to look like yet? $38.50 is a bit too steep for me for a sight unseen deck with no word on printer. Although, you probably can't go wrong design-wise with Uusi. You can pretty much bank on solid back design, amazing courts, AoS, and Jokers, plus an awesome tuck. Well damn, maybe I need to get in on this.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

alric wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 pm Does anyone know what it's going to look like yet? $38.50 is a bit too steep for me for a sight unseen deck with no word on printer. Although, you probably can't go wrong design-wise with Uusi. You can pretty much bank on solid back design, amazing courts, AoS, and Jokers, plus an awesome tuck. Well damn, maybe I need to get in on this.
The printer will most likely be EPCC as it has been for all the Club Decks since 2014 ;)
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Mooseweasel

Unread post by Mooseweasel »

Siege wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:19 am
Mooseweasel wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:10 pm I'm totally in for some USSI action! DM'd it up, Rather coincidentally I literally just got a Royal Mail customs note today from an order I placed with them a few weeks ago for some more of there old decks. If anyone else from the UK is down? I certainly wouldn't mind combining.

Yeah I'm certainly down for teaming up to slay some shipping monsters! How would any grouped orders work??? Assuming we were to do a grouped shipment to the UK/up to a soggy Scotland. Would that be ($30+$30+$35.50 for shipping) at $47.75 each to be paid to Mike then any additional Royal Mail postage cost shared out on our end between us. That's if the postage is the same for 2 decks and if its just the 2 of us wanting shipping to the UK, if anyone else was down for a deck in the UK I don't know if that would further increase shipping but overall be even cheaper still. Though Logistically I assume It might be more easier for Mike to keep track of if one of us is the nominated recipient and pays the entire $95.50 etc.. upfront and then the others pay the recipient for there share plus we then work out any additional shared out charges our end (as UK customs could always end up making it even more expensive still :( ). When would you Like Payment by Mike? Would you want anyone to firm up there interest by paying up the initial $30 then working out shipping later once we are sure of any grouped shipments if that is a possibility? Or would that just be overcomplicating things? Either way I cant wait to see what UUSI has to offer with this years deck :ugdance:
Calypso

Unread post by Calypso »

I'd like to get in on one of these decks, if possible. Sending a DM to you shortly, Mike.
Siege

Unread post by Siege »

Mooseweasel wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:21 pm
Siege wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:19 am

Yeah I'm certainly down for teaming up to slay some shipping monsters! How would any grouped orders work??? Assuming we were to do a grouped shipment to the UK/up to a soggy Scotland. Would that be ($30+$30+$35.50 for shipping) at $47.75 each to be paid to Mike then any additional Royal Mail postage cost shared out on our end between us. That's if the postage is the same for 2 decks and if its just the 2 of us wanting shipping to the UK, if anyone else was down for a deck in the UK I don't know if that would further increase shipping but overall be even cheaper still. Though Logistically I assume It might be more easier for Mike to keep track of if one of us is the nominated recipient and pays the entire $95.50 etc.. upfront and then the others pay the recipient for there share plus we then work out any additional shared out charges our end (as UK customs could always end up making it even more expensive still :( ). When would you Like Payment by Mike? Would you want anyone to firm up there interest by paying up the initial $30 then working out shipping later once we are sure of any grouped shipments if that is a possibility? Or would that just be overcomplicating things? Either way I cant wait to see what UUSI has to offer with this years deck :ugdance:
Aye, I think it’s easier if 1 person pays Mike for all costs upfront and then we divvy up costs between us privately, including customs and additional costs to ship from nominated person to others our end. We can PM to sort out the details. Nice!
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

shermjack wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 pm
alric wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 pm Does anyone know what it's going to look like yet? $38.50 is a bit too steep for me for a sight unseen deck with no word on printer. Although, you probably can't go wrong design-wise with Uusi. You can pretty much bank on solid back design, amazing courts, AoS, and Jokers, plus an awesome tuck. Well damn, maybe I need to get in on this.
The printer will most likely be EPCC as it has been for all the Club Decks since 2014 ;)
PRC then, I guess? 🤔
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

All EPCC are now PRC printed. They have ended their relationship with the Taiwanese printers due to not being able to acquire an exclusive plant that prints ONLY for Expert and ONLY for playing cards, as I've heard. Reason from the Taiwanese side: there is no such market for playing cards in Taiwan for any Taiwanese paper printing co. to survive off playing card printing alone; what EPCC is asking could potentially bankrupt the printer very easily. That's why EPCC has been pushing and marketing the Chinese printer so much lately.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Decknowledgy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:22 am All EPCC are now PRC printed. They have ended their relationship with the Taiwanese printers due to not being able to acquire an exclusive plant that prints ONLY for Expert and ONLY for playing cards, as I've heard. Reason from the Taiwanese side: there is no such market for playing cards in Taiwan for any Taiwanese paper printing co. to survive off playing card printing alone; what EPCC is asking could potentially bankrupt the printer very easily. That's why EPCC has been pushing and marketing the Chinese printer so much lately.
I honestly doubt that EPCC would ask that of the Taiwan Printer or any printer for that matter and think that is just an excuse from the Taiwanese side. I think Bill has been in the printing industry long enough to know that he cannot ask a factory to be exclusive unless he has enough business to keep them in business. I think it is more likely (and also very reasonable) that EPCC asked that the factory be exclusive to them for playing cards.

As I said before, the expertise that this printer now has with playing cards is mostly due to Bill Kalush (EPCC) and Lawrence Sullivan (LPCC) and what they learned and taught the printer since they began working with them in 2012, from paper stock, to varnishes and finishes. Unfortunately, this factory decided to take that knowledge that Bill and Lawrence spent years developing and perfecting and share it with other companies like Hanson, BombMagic, etc., so Bill decided to not share any more of his knowledge with the Taiwan Factory and thus has been working in China for the past 2-3 years.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Guess it's good that we're getting both sides of the story now from Sherm and myself! :lol: There is no right or wrong here since these are business secrets that no one around here could verify, and one could only judge on their own.

Eventually, at least for me, it all comes down to the quality of the final product. I have enough Taiwanese printed and PRC printed EPCC decks to make the comparison, and it's obvious that the Chinese plants have some work to do before they can match EPCC's previous quality.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guys, I think I have received payment for around 10 or 12 decks out of around 23 or 24 total requested. I can't guarantee that I will have or be able to get them after around 7 or 8 this evening.

I see that they made 1000 decks this year instead of 400 like Lotrek's (or 500 like most), so hopefully they won't be "Out of Stock" in three or four days like they were last year.

They are indeed $30 each even purchased in bricks, PLUS shipping, so those of you that paid $38 might end up costing me a buck or two, and at this point I need you to send $40 total for domestic / US delivery. I am told it will be around $20 for shipping, although I have not been able to confirm that yet. That adds $1.66+ to each deck cost. As I noted up front, I'm not trying to make a dime on these, but I don't want to end up paying for the pleasure of getting them for everybody - even though as most of you know I don't mind investing a couple of bucks into things like this.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Siege

Unread post by Siege »

Mike I sent you a PM a while back and didn’t get a response re availability. I just Paypaled you for cost of 1 deck plus shipping internationally.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Siege wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm Mike I sent you a PM a while back and didn’t get a response re availability. I just Paypaled you for cost of 1 deck plus shipping internationally.
Apparently somehow my private mail inbox has overflowed and possibly lost (or rejected, more likely?) messages? I have been flat on my back for two weeks and have not been online, trying to keep myself from messing up my back more. Believe it or not - it hurts to even type.

I will try to catch up here tomorrow or later this weekend. I found my inbox was full and for some reason my 3-tiered routine to automatically backup and free up space in the main inbox doesn't work any more? (and also trying to "Mark All" on a page and move them to another inbox gives an error - probably why it is full?)

I freed up about 20 spots in the primary inbox, and I'll see if I can figure out why the secondary inbox won't take overflow - it should.

I got $1.50 or $2 from several people who already sent $38 in the past couple hours, and I also see two payments for $40 or one is for delivery overseas. I assume that is yours? amount = $65.5?
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Siege

Unread post by Siege »

Mike Ratledge wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:34 pm
Siege wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm Mike I sent you a PM a while back and didn’t get a response re availability. I just Paypaled you for cost of 1 deck plus shipping internationally.
Apparently somehow my private mail inbox has overflowed and possibly lost (or rejected, more likely?) messages? I have been flat on my back for two weeks and have not been online, trying to keep myself from messing up my back more. Believe it or not - it hurts to even type.

I will try to catch up here tomorrow or later this weekend. I found my inbox was full and for some reason my 3-tiered routine to automatically backup and free up space in the main inbox doesn't work any more? (and also trying to "Mark All" on a page and move them to another inbox gives an error - probably why it is full?)

I freed up about 20 spots in the primary inbox, and I'll see if I can figure out why the secondary inbox won't take overflow - it should.

I got $1.50 or $2 from several people who already sent $38 in the past couple hours, and I also see two payments for $40 or one is for delivery overseas. I assume that is yours? amount = $65.5?
I’ve had the same issue with my inbox. Yes I paid $65.50. Thanks Mike. Hope the recovery is going well. I sent you my shipping address also - let me know if you need it again.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Didn't know this was an issue. Just making sure you got my payment, Mike. Feel better!