*OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Featuring our favourite decks including winners of the Decks Of The Year awards and the Annual United Cardists Decks
Kage X
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Unread post by Kage X »

Well, I'm still waiting for news on my prize. No replies of any sort yet from PipChick/Paul/JPGames despite my PMs.
Bluemanta
Decks Owned: 222

Unread post by Bluemanta »

I got my prize today. Thanks to Justin at Jamm Pakd Cards for his donation and all who were involved in running the DOTY comp.
3EB25F72-A3D2-4217-B6E2-D3680A33240F.jpeg
3EB25F72-A3D2-4217-B6E2-D3680A33240F.jpeg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 9437 times
SirCrunoke
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

saulriffel wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:09 pm Hey, for those that already got their prizes, you could share some more pics with us? A lot of random and mysterious prizes were taken, we gotta know what you got!
Sorry for the delay, I already received my prizes, but I am kinda busy since then (Already told the prize giver so he knows it got here safely). I will post pictures probably this weekend.
arjun1616 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:39 am PipChick gonna pick those winners or....coz i don't think she's really been that active( also keeping in mind the current state of things) so maybe we can have someone else pick winners? or shall we wait for Pip to say something?
I can't speak on Pip's behalf. But I would say we wait for Pip, since the prices won't run away.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Can any mod step in to help confirm what to do with the remaining unclaimed prizes?
drifter779

Unread post by drifter779 »

Getting lost on this. I have claimed my prize but am I suppose to contact anyone to have them ship to me?
SirCrunoke
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

Yes, you should contact the owner of the prize. If it is you that is paying for you could ask about how to pay for. If it is the giver to pay the price you could forward with your adress.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Finally managed to find the time to get the unboxing video done for Chris aka theCapraAegagrus' DOTY 2019 prize donation. (See the packing video here )

My sincere apologies for the delay. I got the package last month but only recently managed to give it the proper unboxing video it deserves. Doing live unscripted, unedited videos is actually harder than it looks. Also hard to it , when you got kids running around the house. :?

But got it done and here it is. I gotta say I'm glad I'm not a tuckist, perfectionist collector or reseller. I'll be in tears if I was! :lol: Big thanks to you for the decks, Chris!

(Please forgive the errors. This is my first time doing something like this and it's actually not easy to see the deck and while ensuring everything's ok on the phone screen at the same time. )
[youtube]https://youtu.be/4kuNJGml0-I[/youtube]
irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

Eric Lee wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am Finally managed to find the time to get the unboxing video done for Chris aka theCapraAegagrus' DOTY 2019 prize donation. (See the packing video here )

My sincere apologies for the delay. I got the package last month but only recently managed to give it the proper unboxing video it deserves. Doing live unscripted, unedited videos is actually harder than it looks. Also hard to it , when you got kids running around the house. :?

But got it done and here it is. I gotta say I'm glad I'm not a tuckist, perfectionist collector or reseller. I'll be in tears if I was! :lol: Big thanks to you for the decks, Chris!

(Please forgive the errors. This is my first time doing something like this and it's actually not easy to see the deck and while ensuring everything's ok on the phone screen at the same time. )
Dang my heart aches watching those damaged decks... While TwoPiece gave us a good laugh, it's definitely not a good feeling seeing the terrible condition of some of those decks... rip
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Eric Lee wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am Finally managed to find the time to get the unboxing video done for Chris aka theCapraAegagrus' DOTY 2019 prize donation. (See the packing video here )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice! Well done video.

Killer Bees was actually the "Test Deck" that I was using to stick-handle/shoot for a few weeks before filming the packing video. I also signed that deck; You can see the red Sharpie over the gold foil details.

The Madison deck was trash before I touched it. ;)
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

irtjames14 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:35 pm Dang my heart aches watching those damaged decks... While TwoPiece gave us a good laugh, it's definitely not a good feeling seeing the terrible condition of some of those decks... rip
Yeah, it hurt to watch. Don't quite understand the reasoning myself.

Maybe next year it'll be a bonfire of 12 decks and then sending a box of ash to the winner.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

It would save shipping cost, since all 12 decks might fit in an envelope then 😂.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Timmargh wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:57 am
irtjames14 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:35 pm Dang my heart aches watching those damaged decks... While TwoPiece gave us a good laugh, it's definitely not a good feeling seeing the terrible condition of some of those decks... rip
Yeah, it hurt to watch. Don't quite understand the reasoning myself.

Maybe next year it'll be a bonfire of 12 decks and then sending a box of ash to the winner.
Rough memory: I didn't like the idea of selecting prizes based on their financial 'value'. I vowed to start donating good decks, damaged, to encourage people to open and using good decks of cards.

Something like that. I'm changing up they way they're dinged to keep things interesting.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Got it; thanks for the clarification.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

After a post office blunder* and a pandemic, I finally received my awesome prize from HFMJ! Behold, the NPCCD 2019 set:
NPCCD 2019 set front.jpg
NPCCD 2019 set back.jpg
I'll hold off on opening them until I know I'll have enough time to really appreciate everything :)

*When I first got notified that they were ready to pick up from my local post office, I arrived and gave them the pickup code only to find out that they had been sent to a different city. They told me "No problem, I'll request it sent here". I didn't mind waiting a few extra days, but when I checked the tracking the next day it had been returned to sender! I called customer service, but there was nothing they could do, it was already on its way back. Then the pandemic hit, so everything was put on hold for a good while.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Wow MagikFingerz, that is an amazing story. You have a real globe trotting deck. I hope you will be pleased with it and the production that MPC did for that deck.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
drifter779

Wondering if anyone got their prize from JP Game?

I manage to contact them but they mentioned to me all prizes are claimed....... they are trying to figure out what happen.....
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I got my brick from JP Games MONTHS AGO ... without going through my emails I'd say I got mine 6mo ago. Definitely in not-Covid times.
drifter779

portcullis wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:48 am I got my brick from JP Games MONTHS AGO ... without going through my emails I'd say I got mine 6mo ago. Definitely in not-Covid times.
Weird... till now I have not gotten mine and I have trouble proving to them I am one of the winner...... and just yesterday they told me all the prizes are claimed so they have to check and verify what I said....