A Motley Pack-Transformation Playing Cards (+ AR app)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
macstrat

Re: A Motley Pack-Transformation Playing Cards (+ AR app)

Unread post by macstrat »

Story Time:
I had my decks delivered to my office at the university. It was right before class, so I grabbed them and went off. After class, I opened them in the classroom, as some of the students had been interested in seeing them and the AR app. Upon opening them, one of the students was looking through them, and started to point out some of the images we considered VERY racist in today's context. This led to a discussion on art and historical context.

Sunish: You did a ridiculous job on these decks. Once again, you have outdone yourself and brought history to the people. Thank you.

Everyone Else: If you have not picked up a pack of these, don't think about it. Just do it. They are an amazing look into period art and history.

Full Deck Scans:
Heritage Edition:https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 1453767583
Royal Edition: https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 7124526541
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

macstrat wrote:Story Time:
I had my decks delivered to my office at the university. It was right before class, so I grabbed them and went off. After class, I opened them in the classroom, as some of the students had been interested in seeing them and the AR app. Upon opening them, one of the students was looking through them, and started to point out some of the images we considered VERY racist in today's context. This led to a discussion on art and historical context.

Sunish: You did a ridiculous job on these decks. Once again, you have outdone yourself and brought history to the people. Thank you.

Everyone Else: If you have not picked up a pack of these, don't think about it. Just do it. They are an amazing look into period art and history.

Full Deck Scans:
Heritage Edition:https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 1453767583
Royal Edition: https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 7124526541
Thanks for the kind words @macstrat.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Still waiting on mine...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

TwoPiece wrote:Still waiting on mine...
I received a message from SFC that a few orders are stuck in Customs Clearance and have already informed the corresponding backers about it. Your package didn't enlist in those orders so I believe it should be on the way already.
macstrat

I noticed with my GW packages, they take a week or more after you get the tracking number for it to even be entered in the system before its updated. Their average for delivery to me is about 2 weeks, then BAM! Updated and on my doorstep next day
theCapraAegagrus

guru wrote:
I received a message from SFC that a few orders are stuck in Customs Clearance and have already informed the corresponding backers about it. Your package didn't enlist in those orders so I believe it should be on the way already.
I'm not worried, just impatient. :lol: :lol:

I don't have many transformation decks and I'm really looking forward to examining these and the book.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

TwoPiece wrote:
guru wrote:
I'm not worried, just impatient. :lol: :lol:

I don't have many transformation decks and I'm really looking forward to examining these and the book.
Royal ed. should be reaching you today while the other package (Heritage gilded ed. & book) is still in transit through DHL with ETA as 20th May.

On another note, great to see someone getting such a low numbers for both the deck and the book.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxig988ndzZ ... Z_GNgscE0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I recieved my royal edition yesterday. I did open and peruse through quickly. Tonight I will have more time to sit down and really check it out. I really like them so far!

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

I got my Heritage Edition, still waiting on the Royal Edition.

If I don't count the Shivaji handcrafted deck, these are the best decks from Sunish so far, I like them even more than the Kalevala decks which are number 26 on my TOP 150 decks list. I make the decission on where to land these on the list after I get my Royal Edition but I am currently thinking maybe the number 23, right after Steve Minty's Olympia.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
theCapraAegagrus

Gotta say that I'm really disappointed in the "gilding" of the deck. It doesn't look good at all.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

TwoPiece wrote:Gotta say that I'm really disappointed in the "gilding" of the deck. It doesn't look good at all.
Sorry to hear that @TwoPiece. It is an antique gold gilding (matte like giving vintage look) on this deck similar to what was on Kalevala Limited Edition deck. It is unlike the shiny gold gilding that you usually see on decks done by Cartamundi or USPCC or Gamblers Warehouse.

I'd mentioned the antique look of the gilding on the Campaign page too.

Btw, I was thinkig thatyour comment will be on tuck or cards.....and you picked up gilding....You are, indeed, a fussy, picky guy.
macstrat

guru wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:Gotta say that I'm really disappointed in the "gilding" of the deck. It doesn't look good at all.
Sorry to hear that @TwoPiece. It is an antique gold gilding (matte like giving vintage look) on this deck similar to what was on Kalevala Limited Edition deck. It is unlike the shiny gold gilding that you usually see on decks done by Cartamundi or USPCC or Gamblers Warehouse.
I actually like the scaled back gilding. It's not over the top and fits with the theme and feel of the deck
theCapraAegagrus

guru wrote:

Btw, I was thinkig thatyour comment will be on tuck or cards.....and you picked up gilding....You are, indeed, a fussy, picky guy.
It just doesn't look gilded at all. I don't mind "antique" look, but it just looks like coated/painted edges (especially when fanning). The tuck box on the gilded deck is awesome, and so are the cards. I haven't had a chance to look over the book, yet.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

TwoPiece wrote:
guru wrote:

It just doesn't look gilded at all. I don't mind "antique" look, but it just looks like coated/painted edges (especially when fanning). The tuck box on the gilded deck is awesome, and so are the cards. I haven't had a chance to look over the book, yet.
ahh..I got what you are saying. This antique finish is achieved using oil gilding - one of the techniques of gold leafing. Oil gilding can provide a beautiful surface coating of matte gold or antique finish. As this deck has got a full bleed back, the black pattern shows clearly and the gilding tends to disappear when fanning. It was the same case with Kalevala deck too but as its back design was not full bleed, it was less noticeable.
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

I received my Royal Edition today!

As for the Gilding in the Heritage Edition and on other decks by Sunish, they are the best gilding in my collection. On the Kalevala Limited Edition it does not pop the same way as the color of the cards is the same shade as the gilding but Divine Art or this one are simply spectacular.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Augmented Reality app for iOS available now...... :ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... ts/2518065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theCapraAegagrus

FYI - My best friend's wife said that these were her favorite deck that I've ever shown them.

Not exactly playable for the group we had on Saturday, but that's quite the compliment.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

"On The Cards" is now available on Amazon Kindle as well. I figured out that Collector's edition might not last that long and an ebook can be a second best compliment to the playing card decks, so here it is.

A few links, just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T2B4PC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T2B4PC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07T2B4PC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T2B4PC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07T2B4PC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07T2B4PC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I finally got around to framing my uncut, transformation decks are the best for uncuts and most worthy of framing.
Motley uncut (Medium).jpg
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

ecNate wrote:I finally got around to framing my uncut, transformation decks are the best for uncuts and most worthy of framing.
Motley uncut (Medium).jpg

Thanks for sharing. The uncut looks great in that frame with red background.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Hi All,

So, after 11 months of publishing the On the Cards book, I was able to sell almost all copies of the Collector's edition book and left with 14 copies now.

Given the world we are in these days, you can now download the digital version of the book (in epub format) free from my store for a limited period. It is a light fiction and you will love the story weaved around the transformed cards while it should be a must read for any Melbournian out there.

Here is the direct link:

https://guruplayingcards.com/store/on-t ... ital-ebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!!!

PS: You will receive the ebook straight in your mailbox after placing the order. Any question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Sunish