Bharata Tarot- Major Arcana (with Ornate finish)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bruno
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Bharata Tarot- Major Arcana (with Ornate finish) - on KS

Unread post by Bruno »

Yup.
He is v. good, this guru.
A full transformation deck in the offering ?
With full expectations of another guru-grade product .... :D
Best wishes Sunish, take all the time you need matey !
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Looks like backers & reviewers have started receiving the deck/s. Given this deck comes with a new finish named "Ornate", I've sent it to a few cardists as well so that they can inspect, review and provide feedback. One of the first who has already received the deck is Jaspas and he posted a video today Morning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be1CNAxFSXv ... -by=jaspas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jaspas_Bharata.PNG

I'd a chat with him after he posted the review and he mentioned that the cards handled fine. I'll make sure that other cardists do more flourishes, fans etc. so the new finish gets more rigorous review and feedback :) Do checkout and enjoy the video.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Those are the actions of a deck producer who has faith in his product, or at least one that goes above and beyond to be as transparent and honest as possible. I wish more producers did this, particularly those putting out cardistry decks with new or lesser known printers/finishes.

You really put a lot of other deck producers to shame, Sunish!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

That was an amazing video of what I think of as an art deck with gilding being put through its paces. I can’t wait to see more videos. I hope it gives you good and constructive feedback to improve your future decks. I also hope you can make an even better full Tarot deck in the near future. I wish I bought a few more of these beauties.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Finally received my decks!

Once again Sunish delivers on his promises.
The artwork of this deck is great, very different from anything I have in my collection. This is just my second tarot deck, the first one being Arcana by Chris Ovdiyenko.

The stock for these is very simillar to the Devine Art thick and with a good snap!
The finish is somewhat different! While Divine Art and Bharata have a finish that almost ressembles a plastic coat, this one doesn't. One thing you will notice is that they don't feel slippery (like an USPCC deck), I almost though I couldn't do much with the cards. But no, the handle pretty well and fan very easily.
IMG_1547.JPG
But you will have to put some effort into it. Not sure how to explain, but with a USPCC deck you just touch with your thumb on the side and let it glide through the deck to fan it, in this one you kind have to put some pressure. Almost like fanning an used deck (for the lack of a better comparison).
Of course this is a gilded deck, so you wouldn't expect it to handle as easy as a normal deck!
Speaking of gild, once again it is spot on, perfect and it looks fantastic (much like the Divine Art). Probabily my favourite gilding color!
IMG_1569.JPG
All in all super happy to have these in my collection.
Congratulations Sunish, and count me in for the next deck!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sms69x wrote:Finally received my decks!

Once again Sunish delivers on his promises.
The artwork of this deck is great, very different from anything I have in my collection. This is just my second tarot deck, the first one being Arcana by Chris Ovdiyenko.

The stock for these is very simillar to the Devine Art thick and with a good snap!
The finish is somewhat different! While Divine Art and Bharata have a finish that almost ressembles a plastic coat, this one doesn't. One thing you will notice is that they don't feel slippery (like an USPCC deck), I almost though I couldn't do much with the cards. But no, the handle pretty well and fan very easily.
IMG_1547.JPG
But you will have to put some effort into it. Not sure how to explain, but with a USPCC deck you just touch with your thumb on the side and let it glide through the deck to fan it, in this one you kind have to put some pressure. Almost like fanning an used deck (for the lack of a better comparison).
Of course this is a gilded deck, so you wouldn't expect it to handle as easy as a normal deck!
Speaking of gild, once again it is spot on, perfect and it looks fantastic (much like the Divine Art). Probabily my favourite gilding color!
IMG_1569.JPG
All in all super happy to have these in my collection.
Congratulations Sunish, and count me in for the next deck!
Thanks @sms9x for your elaborate review & feedback. Glad to see you are liking the deck and putting it to good use.

Yeah, this is a new in-house created finish, you won't find it anywhere else at the moment. It provides good handling (even though gilding does affect it) and makes sure that cards don't slip over each other when stacked and kept on a flat surface which is usually seen in decks with classic finish, linen air cushion etc. Comparison between handling are going to happen because it all boils down to the muscle memory, everyone has been using decks from other printers since long.

Color reproduction, contrast, gilding, quality of material (card stock, tuck stock, booklet) is second to none and can be compared head to head against any deck from any printer whatsoever.

Loved this feedback that came yesterday, it makes doing this worth the effort.
"Beautiful art and very different from what we see these days on KS. Really impressed by the tuck box. Never felt anything so sturdy, definitely better than anything USPCC produces that's for sure."
Without a doubt, the most beautiful Tarot cards I now own (and I own way too many to count). Hopefully in the future you do decide to have another attempt at the Minor Arcana.

I can't believe how much better these look in real life than they did on the screen. Well done!
Thanks once again.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Bharata Tarot- Major Arcana (with Ornate finish)

Unread post by Bradius »

I received my decks today. Yeah. They are safely tucked away in my collection never to be handled... :lol:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Here is another flourishing video that just came out today.

Feedback on Ornate finish has been good & encouraging....
"it is quite smooth out of the box and not slippery like Bikes or decks from Expert or Legends with classic finish. Packets stay together while tossing and other aerial moves, this ornate finish is different in a good way".
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Guru Magick 8-)
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??