Lords and Gods of Egypt: Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Lords and Gods of Egypt: Live on KS

Unread post by flashcards »

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Lords and Gods of Egypt: Live on KS

Unread post by vasta41 »

Lots of things here. The good- nice tucks, nice theme, good use of color, cool pips. The bad- not a fan of all the "SVI" branding on the tuck, the backs are "OK", I think that this project should have been condensed down to 1, MAYBE 2 decks at most. The ugly- I see no mention of printer here (maybe I missed it?) and also this statement under the "Risks" section seems like a KS violation, no?
The playing cards are already in print and until the end of the project you can see them, so immediately after the end of the project we will be ready to send the rewards.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

This was a deck that was originally called Egypt which can be found here...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9599&p=114395&hili ... up#p114395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was subsequently changed to Lords & Gods of Egypt and offered as an add-on to the Star Kings Playing Cards KS (which was cancelled) ... a discussion on the printer that SVI was using that can be found here...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9627&hilit=svi+group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Thanks Shermjack for the link, I guess. That was probably the most surreal thread I have read on this forum. I just couldn't read all of it, but I got the jist.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

shermjack wrote:This was a deck that was originally called Egypt which can be found here...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9599&p=114395&hili ... up#p114395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..

It was subsequently changed to Lords & Gods of Egypt and offered as an add-on to the Star Kings Playing Cards KS (which was cancelled) ... a discussion on the printer that SVI was using that can be found here...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9627&hilit=svi+group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..
I seriously spit my coffee out @ this:

"jerichoholic wrote:
Sorry but I can't risk backing a project where the quality is unknown especially if it is being printed in someone's basement."

"Mischievous wrote:
Based on your answer, your age does not exceed 14 years."
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

shermjack wrote:a discussion on the printer that SVI was using that can be found here...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9627&hilit=svi+group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..
Insanity.

As for this project, if I happen to have some money at the 48 hour reminder I might pick up a Lords, I've been enamoured with that tuck since I first laid eyes on it early this year. The artwork is interesting enough, I like the backs too, worst part is probably the layout of the pips. Doesn't hold up in B&W though.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Adonael wrote: I've been enamoured with that tuck since I first laid eyes on it early this year.
I'm always wary of computer renderings of tucks with crazy deep embossing/debossing. It's usually exaggerated and the actual tucks are underwhelming compared to the initial computer rendering.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sinjin7 wrote:
Adonael wrote: I've been enamoured with that tuck since I first laid eyes on it early this year.
I'm always wary of computer renderings of tucks with crazy deep embossing/debossing. It's usually exaggerated and the actual tucks are underwhelming compared to the initial computer rendering.
You are right sinjin7. I supported Star Kings (SVI's first deck) and received it 2 weeks back. On Kickstarter, they say that tuckbox has deluxe matte finish and made of sturdy material. None was true, it didn't had matte finish and tuck material was not sturdy if I compare to what my definition of sturdiness is. They are using same printer as used by NPCC in Ukraine.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I dunno. Something just seems off, which is a shame, cos I'm digging the theme. I'm not so enamoured with the art.
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

The court artwork is middling comic book quality at best. While I like the theme the execution is severely flat for my tastes. Even if the printer wasn't in question this would still be a solid no for me.