General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

tonyricciardi
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1200

Unread post by tonyricciardi »

Hi Alex,

Getting back into the site. I seem unable to update my avatar and header image. Something I'm doing wrong? I'm following the size guidelines.
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Avatar/Background updating

Unread post by ecNate »

I tried updating mine and it did require a local cache refresh (press CTRL+F5). I also pulled up your profile and see a city background and a new card AoS profile pic for you so it's probably just your local browser still caching the image for you on your end.
tonyricciardi

ecNate wrote:I tried updating mine and it did require a local cache refresh (press CTRL+F5). I also pulled up your profile and see a city background and a new card AoS profile pic for you so it's probably just your local browser still caching the image for you on your end.
Yes. Realized that late last night. Ugh. As an IT professional, I don't know how that one slipped by me,

Long day...
tonyricciardi

Nate, do you know what the dimensions should be for the header (background) image so it doesn't appear distorted? I can't quite seems to get it perfect.
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

If you play with your browser window size you will see that unfortunately that is one part of the site that is dynamically adjusted. Meaning it will stretch to fit the window in all directions which it really should not in my mind. I would suggest trying to take your image and expand the canvas area so that the image itself is smaller inside a white frame/background. That way maybe on most screens it will stretch less the main image.
tonyricciardi

ecNate wrote:If you play with your browser window size you will see that unfortunately that is one part of the site that is dynamically adjusted. Meaning it will stretch to fit the window in all directions which it really should not in my mind. I would suggest trying to take your image and expand the canvas area so that the image itself is smaller inside a white frame/background. That way maybe on most screens it will stretch less the main image.
Gonna try that. Thanks.